Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 - 2013 Russian skaters, rules, and events

Quote Originally Posted by plushyfan View Post
    Of course, everybody knows that. But Skaterboy said "Not showing quite the promise". This is so ridiculous again from him, why he denies what is obvious? What they supposed to do yet? They are big talents, and their debuts were awesome. And who is he, he is a fortune teller, who knows they won't be so great like Mao and Yuna?
    I agree with you, and I think that these russian girls are even better than YuNa and Mao at their age: they don't land 3As, that's true (except Liza, but not in competitions), but at Julia's age, YuNa didn't even have her international debut, and both of them were a lot more inconstant than Liza, Julia or Radionova, and were far behind artistically, if Yu-Na competed against Michelle, or Slutskaya or Sasha in 2005 she would have probably lost, when Liza beat Akiko, Carolina, Alissa, Alena, Wagner, Murakami...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    They're all wonderful at the moment, but Liza and Adelina are growing a lot, and Julia is still so immature (physically), we'll have to wait after puberty... I feel like in 2007 and 2008, when Zhang, Nagasu and Flatt were so promising and now Flatt and Nagasu were not even selected for 4CC or Worlds and Zhang is coming back after three disastrous seasons... I really hope at least one of the Russian girls can become the next Slutskaya (the one I personally prefer is Adelina), but we have to wait at least three-four years to decide...
    Why do you think so? I am not denying that puberty and growing may be a problem, or maybe not. We never know. Some skaters go through it easier way, some are unlucky and have it harder. So I am curious why you are making predictions that we will have to wait at least three-four years. Do you have a crystal ball?
    Last edited by hanca; 09-21-2012 at 05:30 AM.

I agree with you, and I think that these russian girls are even better than YuNa and Mao at their age: they don't land 3As, that's true (except Liza, but not in competitions), but at Julia's age, YuNa didn't even have her international debut, and both of them were a lot more inconstant than Liza, Julia or Radionova, and were far behind artistically, if Yu-Na competed against Michelle, or Slutskaya or Sasha in 2005 she would have probably lost, when Liza beat Akiko, Carolina, Alissa, Alena, Wagner, Murakami...

Custom Title
    I really hope at least one of the Russian girls can become the next Slutskaya (the one I personally prefer is Adelina), but we have to wait at least three-four years to decide...
    In Japan leaders change very often - Ando, Asada, Suzuki.
    The same in USA - Flatt, Nagasu, Czisny, Wagner.

Why should we wait if even success of skater will not be long?

Custom Title
    Asada beat the 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007 World champions her debut season. Kim beat Asada at junior worlds. Even if you agree that Mao probably checked out a little at junior worlds, that's still notavle. Also, Michelle + Slutskaya + Sasha are more formidable than any of the ladies Liza beat certainly (I mean Murakami? Czisny? Give me a break).

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Also, Michelle + Slutskaya + Sasha are more formidable than any of the ladies Liza beat certainly (I mean Murakami? Czisny? Give me a break).
    We hawe not leaders of level of Michelle, Slutskaya, Sasha now.

Liza at Skate Canada 2011 won Suzuki, Wagner, Leonova, Nagasu, Flatt, at Trophee E. Bompard 2011 - Kostner, Czisny, Murakami.

Custom Title
    Which means that she has beaten all ladies that placed at Worlds 2012 between 1st and 5th place.

Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    Which means that she has beaten all ladies that placed at Worlds 2012 between 1st and 5th place.
    This was what I meant!

Custom Title
    Let's just see how good these Russian girls are in the next couple years. We've all seen this before. A tiny 13 year old landing jumps all over the place only to grown 5-6 inches and lose all her jumps and is done by the time she is 17.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    But at GP Final situation was not so good - Liza was after Kostner, Suzuki and Leonova.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Let's just see how good these Russian girls are in the next couple years. We've all seen this before. A tiny 13 year old landing jumps all over the place only to grown 5-6 inches and lose all her jumps and is done by the time she is 17.
    Shelepen did not lose jumps, Sotnikova too. Korobeynikova's jumps became better.
    All these girls are not miniature now.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    I agree remember Flatt to Zhang who were hailed as the next stars, though Zhang had flawed technique from the start. but some of these girls don't look like little girls, look how Adelina has grown also Polina K. doesnt look like a little girl . Adelina has some promise, she has kept most of her jumps though we still need a few more years to check her stability

Custom Title
    Does anyone know why Polina Agafonova did not get any JGP event? She was down for one and then she was replaced and did not get anything instead. At the moment she is down as substitute for the last one only, while Zaseeva who placed 7th is getting second one. Is Polina injured?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexRus View Post
    Shelepen did not lose jumps, Sotnikova too. Korobeynikova's jumps became better.
    All these girls are not miniature now.
    Yes but the jury is still out as to how good Shelepen, Korobeynikova and even Sotnikove will be.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Zaseeva put in a a pretty good LP, though. (5th there)

Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast