Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast

Thread: 2012 - 2013 Russian skaters, rules, and events

Just lyrics aren't allowed.....yet!! Maria B. skated to a program (1999 sp??), that had vocals in it. Amodio Black Eyes Peas rapping in his Moscow Worlds' lp was illegal though.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by DobrinFan View Post
    His father is Oleg Gorshkov who skated pairs with Gorshkov's mother, Svetlana Frantzusova (she was a single skater b/f and now is a coach)
    Yes. Not very famous pair, their best was 3rd place at Universiade-1995.

Svetlana Frantzusova's best as single was 2nd place at Universiade-1991.
    Now she is in "Mishin's team of coaches", StPetersburg. She works with very young skaters, after her they are at other coaches. She is former coach of Uliana TITUSHKINA (3rd place at JGP Courchevel 2012) and some other known in Russia young skaters.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Let's just leave it like this -
    The only way Morozov should have been able to choreograph this abomination is if he was bribed by Zhulin/Bobrova/Soloviev to ruin his own team so that BobSol could be russian number 1 again
    Jeez, after reading your description I was prepared for something horrendous! It's clearly you like B/S a lot but you don't have to bash I/K like that, calm down. And no, I don't particularly love I/K's new FD but I like it better than Ave Maria.(the screaming is a bit too much though)

Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    Jeez, after reading your description I was prepared for something horrendous! It's clearly you like B/S a lot but you don't have to bash I/K like that, calm down. And no, I don't particularly love I/K's new FD but I like it better than Ave Maria.(the screaming is a bit too much though)
    I personally think that it is much worse than Ave Maria. The beginning is okay, but once the voices start, it goes downhill. It is, for me, so OTT that I can't help but laugh whenever I see it.

Custom Title
    Maybe because they paid and didn't want to be rude nut the crowd in the video applauded I/K. I almost thought the crowd Would boo it after they saw it based on what happened. But also crowd didn't boo Domnina and aha Alina aboriginal dance and it was in fact what crowds were Shown and applauded for them for after the Vancouver Olympics. So this may be I/k aboriginal dance in terms of Internet chatter but of course they won't have aboriginals after them and it is not the Olympic season and they are healthy enough to change programs unlike domshabs who could not change a thing.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    The program is very new to I&K, as she is just recovering from a shoulder injury. Let's hope they make some changes in it. Particularly getting rid of the voices.

Last year there were far too many perky programs; this seems to be the year of angst.

And I have yet to see a skating crowd boo when a program was a stinker in North America. They give a polite golf clap. What is striking, when an audience does not like a program, is the shocked silence: no standing O, no gasps at elements, no laughs at the funny parts, no cheers. Silence.

Is I&K's next competition Rostelecon Cup? I'm really looking forward to their next outing of programs in a very anxious, worrisome way. Lovely SD, though.

Elena said they were going to skate at Crystal Skate in Romania next week. They were originally supposed to be at Coupe de Nice this week.

Quote Originally Posted by DobrinFan View Post
    Elena said they were going to skate at Crystal Skate in Romania next week. They were originally supposed to be at Coupe de Nice this week.
    Thanks. BTW I didn't know about her injury. Hope things are not serious.

Maxim Stavisky talks about ice-dance event in Skate America (russian article)
    http://rsport.ru/interview/20121022/...#ixzz2A3LUQhMs

Speaking of Bobrova and Soloviev, I want to emphasize again that I give such estimates is not because I work with them together with Sasha Zhulin and Oleg Volkov.
    Noo...nothing to do with it (B&S were much improved, but particularly in the short dance were not in the league of D&W.)

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar

Although he is biased, if you look at the qualitative analysis that he makes, I think he makes good points. Of course Bobrova and Soloviev aren't going to be coming anywhere close to Davis and White, but they have improved significantly, and they have shown that they can challenge some of the best dancers in the world.

This is true. Bobrova & Soloviev looked a lot better, IMO, and deserved their second place finish. But coaches are hardly unbiased about their students, either. There was good info in there, yes, but it is always important to know what agenda the interviewee is driving.

As I noted in my general arena notes, I think Bobrova and Soloviev, to me, is a lot more appealing live than on TV. In person, you can see that they have quite a bit of speed and I really enjoyed both of their programs. I was a bit skeptical about the FD with Faust and the whole dying thing --but I thought it was very nicely dramatic without being OTT. Their silver medal was very much deserved and I think they can only go up from here.

Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast