Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast

Thread: 2012 - 2013 Russian skaters, rules, and events

on Julia's vk page, she answered questions about her ankle,
    it still hurts, maybe why she skipped the EX in TEB, I think skating her LP aggrevated it,

the doctors will tell soon if she has time enough for the Grand Prix Final to heal or withdraw
    I am devastated

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    on Julia's vk page, she answered questions about her ankle,
    it still hurts, maybe why she skipped the EX in TEB, I think skating her LP aggrevated it,

the doctors will tell soon if she has time enough for the Grand Prix Final to heal or withdraw
    I am devastated
    She did the exhibition at TEB.

Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    She did the exhibition at TEB.
    I am upset, she is very nice in vk, she answers all people asking her questions
    she will know tommorow what the doctors will tell her or if she will need to withdraw

I know health comes first, but still no GPF is such a loss
    I am hoping for positive news in teh coming days, poor Julia skated in LP with her ankle bothering her !

Custom Title

Russian female skating - change of generations?

Looking at the list of Russian National Ladies entries ( http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...l=1#post689758 ) we see strange things.
    Only 7 of 18 Main entries are by age eligible to Euro and World, only 1 of 3 substitutes is eligible.
    5 of Main entries are not eligible even for Junior international competitions.
    All 7 entries eligible are from GP events. Others (JGP finalists and qualified by Russian Cup Events) - no skaters in Senior age (only one substitute is - Nikol Gosviani).
    And of 7 who are from GP Events - two or may be three of them could have no warranty to qualify by Russian Cup Events.

Yes, there are very good young girls, but what a lack of elder skaters!

Four of them (Main entries) will be eligible to all senior competitions next season, i.e. Olympics. Only one of them has international reputation and experience at Senior level (Lipnitskaia).

Wait a moment: Makarova doesn't have the TES for Worlds! Her TES in the GP have been 40.43 and 43.47, then at NRW 44.84... So she isn't eligible for Worlds unless she competes in another Senior B and obtains the required 48!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    Wait a moment: Makarova doesn't have the TES for Worlds! Her TES in the GP have been 40.43 and 43.47, then at NRW 44.84... So she isn't eligible for Worlds unless she competes in another Senior B and obtains the required 48!
    I think they can use TES that the skater got a season before. The question is if Makarova will podium at RN and make Team Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    I think they can use TES that the skater got a season before. The question is if Makarova will podium at RN and make Team Russia.
    She has never scored more than 48 last season: at worlds 39.78, euros 45.92, in the GP 46.01 and 45.20, before that she WD from Nebelhorn... She isn't so, even if she places on the podium at nationals, eligible for worlds: that's a great opportunity for the others; the team could be Sotnikova, Tuktamysheva and Leonova, knowing that Lipnitskaya and Radionova are under the required age... I doubt that Korobeneykova, Biryukova or Shelepen are able to place in the top 5...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    She has never scored more than 48 last season: at worlds 39.78, euros 45.92, in the GP 46.01 and 45.20, before that she WD from Nebelhorn... She isn't so, even if she places on the podium at nationals, eligible for worlds: that's a great opportunity for the others; the team could be Sotnikova, Tuktamysheva and Leonova, knowing that Lipnitskaya and Radionova are under the required age... I doubt that Korobeneykova, Biryukova or Shelepen are able to place in the top 5...
    It is not needed to be in top 5. Korobeynikova past Nationals were 7th, and 3rd of eligible by age.

Yes, most probably at Euro will be Leonova, Sotnikova, Tuktamysheva.

Custom Title
    Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA was born 17 Dec 1996.
    Today she is 16.

Happy birthday to you, Liza! Good luck!

Happy birthday Liza!

Custom Title
    Yes, happy birthday, Liza - many happy returns! And may you keep getting better & better, and stronger & stronger! Good luck with the second part of the season!

Apparently Julia Lipnitskaia is out of the russian nationals due to injury.
    Link: http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20121218/636286019.html

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mikiandorocks View Post
    Apparently Julia Lipnitskaia is out of the russian nationals due to injury.
    Link: http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20121218/636286019.html
    Info from Valentin Piseev, General Director of Federation.
    No info - is the ingury new or the same that was before GPF.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexRus View Post
    Info from Valentin Piseev, General Director of Federation.
    No info - is the ingury new or the same that was before GPF.
    it same injury, Julia was off the ice for 2 weeks, not enough preparation

Custom Title
    Happy belated birthday to Liza, wow can't believe she's only 16! Really bad news about Julia, was really looking forward to see her and Liza competing maybe for first and second out of the Russian ladies.

Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast