2012 - 2013 Russian skaters, rules, and events | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2012 - 2013 Russian skaters, rules, and events

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Speaking of Bobrova and Soloviev, I want to emphasize again that I give such estimates is not because I work with them together with Sasha Zhulin and Oleg Volkov.

Noo...nothing to do with it (B&S were much improved, but particularly in the short dance were not in the league of D&W.)

Macassar88

Medalist
Although he is biased, if you look at the qualitative analysis that he makes, I think he makes good points. Of course Bobrova and Soloviev aren't going to be coming anywhere close to Davis and White, but they have improved significantly, and they have shown that they can challenge some of the best dancers in the world.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
This is true. Bobrova & Soloviev looked a lot better, IMO, and deserved their second place finish. But coaches are hardly unbiased about their students, either. There was good info in there, yes, but it is always important to know what agenda the interviewee is driving.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
As I noted in my general arena notes, I think Bobrova and Soloviev, to me, is a lot more appealing live than on TV. In person, you can see that they have quite a bit of speed and I really enjoyed both of their programs. I was a bit skeptical about the FD with Faust and the whole dying thing --but I thought it was very nicely dramatic without being OTT. Their silver medal was very much deserved and I think they can only go up from here.

Country
Russia
Looking to the future - girls debutants JGP next season

Fans, who are interested in young Russian skater girls, know:
Evgenia Medvedeva born 19 Now 1999
Natalia Ogoreltseva born 18 Jan 2000
Serafima Sakhanovich born 09 Feb 2000.

They at next season will be eligible for JGP.

Now we see more girls who may debut at JGP.
Alsu Kajumova born 12 Jul 1999
Maria Sotskova born 02 Apr 2000
Elizabeth Tursynbaeva born 14 Feb 2000
Julia Li born 12 Jun 1999
(she is eligible this season but did not show enough level of skating past season)

All these girls have triples (including 3Lz), perform complicated combos, earn good scores.

So we see at least 7 new girls to international debut at JGP.

Also there are medal winners of JGP this season - Radionova, Pogorilaya, Titushkina, Gerasimova, Stavitskaya - they are young, the eldest - Maria Stavitskaya - was born 01 Sep 1997.

So we see many very good girls for JGP-2013, significantly more than may be places for them (if 2 events for skater).

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
It is sad that there are not places for all of them. However, would the medal winners that made the JGPF and are assigned to Jr Worlds, if they do well in those events, want to stay too long in juniors?

Country
Russia
It is sad that there are not places for all of them. However, would the medal winners that made the JGPF and are assigned to Jr Worlds, if they do well in those events, want to stay too long in juniors?
For Worlds and Euro this season will pretend Leonova, Makarova, Sotnikova, Tuktamysheva, Korobeynikova, may be Biryukova (if she will be at good state at the end of December, when will be Nationals). Number of pretenders is much more than three (number of places), and only Leonova and Makarova are too old for Junior Worlds. So some of them (who will not earn place at the team for Euro-Worlds) may pretend to Junior Worlds (for ISU rating, medal and so on).

Lipnitskaia (who is too young for ISU championships this season) pretends to Junior worlds (she told so), she needs it for ISU Rating before Olympics.
Lipnitskaia and Radionova are very good skaters, most probably they will have two of three places at Junior Worlds, and one place will be for all the others.

So skaters who are Juniors this season may have no chance to GP Events, and so to pretend JGP Events next season. They are young enough, 15 years old maximum now, most of them will be 14 or 15 next season (unlike 19-years Samantha Cesario who had two JGP Events this season).

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Thank you for the answer.

USFS likes to have some assignment for the top 10 or so ladies at US Nationals; hence Cesario in juniors. Also, this is the first year there has been an easily accessible Senior B for North Americans...that hasn't been a choice before this year. ANd there's only the one.

Country
Russia
Thank you for the answer.

USFS likes to have some assignment for the top 10 or so ladies at US Nationals; hence Cesario in juniors. Also, this is the first year there has been an easily accessible Senior B for North Americans...that hasn't been a choice before this year. ANd there's only the one.
I don't mean that there is something wrong in fact that 19-years Cesario was at JGP.

I mean only that the Russian participants of JGP are much younger and may be at JGP level for years more.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Maxim Trankov ‏@Trankov_jr
Только что учавствовал в фото сессии для #esquire еще будут вроде как @KatsalapovNick и Ю. Ларионов, декабрьский номер.
4:40 AM - 31 Oct 12

Is Trankov saying that he just had a photo shoot for the December issue of Esquire? :cool:
And will it include Katsalapov and Larionov as well?

Country
Russia
Maxim Trankov ‏@Trankov_jr
Только что учавствовал в фото сессии для #esquire еще будут вроде как @KatsalapovNick и Ю. Ларионов, декабрьский номер.
4:40 AM - 31 Oct 12

Is Trankov saying that he just had a photo shoot for the December issue of Esquire? :cool:
And will it include Katsalapov and Larionov as well?

Yes.

HR4

On the Ice
According to the interview of Ilinykh, they performed a simple version of free dance in Italy, as they were tired from the flight. No comments on music, though. http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/5649.html
They also won Crystal Skate, with points higher than 70 for SD and higher than 100 for FD. They are of course biased because of competition, but still Morozov says they are not just given for free http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/5649.html
Have no idea how to get the protocols for the event

Country
Russia
According to the interview of Ilinykh, they performed a simple version of free dance in Italy, as they were tired from the flight. No comments on music, though. http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/5649.html
They also won Crystal Skate, with points higher than 70 for SD and higher than 100 for FD. They are of course biased because of competition, but still Morozov says they are not just given for free http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/5649.html
Have no idea how to get the protocols for the event
Protocols will be at ISU site soon. Maybe for week or two.

Protocols of 2010 and 2011 Crystal skate are there.

Last edited:

hanca

Record Breaker
The trouble is, Russia have too many ladies now. There are not only the new junior ladies that will become eligible the next season (the ones that AlexRus named):
Evgenia Medvedeva,
Natalia Ogoreltseva
Serafima Sakhanovich

and possibly
Alsu Kajumova
Maria Sotskova
Elizabeth Tursynbaeva
Julia Li

We must not forget those who already competed junior this season. They may not be able to move to seniors because they probably wouldn't get GP event and they wouldn't be eligible to senior Europeans and worlds yet. So those will have to remain in juniors. I am talking about:
Anna Pogorilaya
Evgenia GERASIMOVA
Uliana TITUSHKINA
Maria STAVITSKAIA
Kristina ZASEEVA
Anna SHERSHAK

So all those are going to share 12 or 14 (or how many) spots that are available for junior GP? It is so sad that some of those very talented ladies will not get their chance.

I did not name Elena RADIONOVA, because she will probably be able to get an event or two in seniors, so she can moved up (the same way as Radionova, Tuktamysheva and Sotnikova did before her).

seniorita

Record Breaker
I m somehow happy Ovcharova found a way to skate for another country, does anybody know how she managed it? Did RF released her easily?

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I did not name Elena RADIONOVA, because she will probably be able to get an event or two in seniors, so she can moved up (the same way as Radionova, Tuktamysheva and Sotnikova did before her).

I don't think Radionova can turn senior next season wasn't there an approved rule that skaters below 16 cannot compete in Senior GP's
or does that apply only after the Olympics ?