2012 - 2013 Russian skaters, rules, and events | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2012 - 2013 Russian skaters, rules, and events

hanca

Record Breaker
AlexRus, do you think you could attend the test skates and record some programs for us? Or do you have some friends who could? Please? :)

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
AlexRus, do you think you could attend the test skates and record some programs for us? Or do you have some friends who could? Please? :)

That would be very nice! But I remember I had watched videos from open test skates in the past seasons. So there will be someone to record and put them on the net.

Country
Russia
Open Moscow Junior Championship
Junior Ladies. SP 04 Sep, FS 05 Sep.

Top Five
1. Julia Lee - 152.69 (97.20 FS)
2. Anna POGORILAYA - 152.44 (98.20 FS) JGPIV Subst, JGPVI Main
3. Maria Sotskova - 149.07 (93.39 FS)
4. Tatiana Fedoseeva 142.10 (94.84 FS)
5. Kristina ZASEEVA 141.38 (97.68 FS) JGPIII Subst, JGPIV Subst, JGPV Main, JGPVI Subst

Nikol GOSVIANI and Alexandra DEEVA (substitute entries to JGP) - not good.
Nikol GOSVIANI - good SP (4 place after SP, score SP 54.19), bad FS.
Alexandra DEEVA - bad SP and FS.

Anna SHERSHAK (main entry for JGPIV and JGPVI) did not participate. Why? I don't know.

Last edited:

Macassar88

Medalist
Open Moscow Junior Championship - she skated not in competition.

SP and FS - most of jumps not good, she is not ready now.
Her spins aren't ready and her footwork sequence even had a little problem.
Also, her FS is awful IMO - really boring and doesn't capitalize on any of her strengths

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The short program I can deal with but I have nothing positive to say about the long program :disapp:

hanca

Record Breaker
At least she landed one or two jumps? :biggrin:

Actually, the first few jumps were fine; it went downhill with the axels (two in short time after each other) and then she probably lost confidence. I have to say, since last season she has completely different body than she had the last year at junior level when she won everything she entered, and it seems that she still didn't manage to adjust to her new body. It started last season with having some problems with jumps - she was still landing most of them, but with the same success rate as before (before it was very close to 100% success rate, whereas last season it was much lower). I was hoping that one season will be enough to adjust, but ... :cry: And the FS program is not very nice. Who gave her THIS? :disapp: Probably too late to change it now.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Anna SHERSHAK (main entry for JGPIV and JGPVI) did not participate. Why? I don't know.

is it true, Shershak is injured ? that would be very sad considering she had a chance of going to JGPF :cry:
I think Julia Li is better so any chance she will replace Deeva or Gosviyani in JGP

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Actually, the first few jumps were fine; it went downhill with the axels (two in short time after each other) and then she probably lost confidence. I have to say, since last season she has completely different body than she had the last year at junior level when she won everything she entered, and it seems that she still didn't manage to adjust to her new body.

That was Liza Tuktamysheva, who won everything she entered, not Adelina. Adelina was second in Junior Olympic Games, and she didn't won GP contest. She won the senior Russian Champs, if I remember well. Liza was bad only in Russian Champs.

hanca

Record Breaker
That was Liza Tuktamysheva, who won everything she entered, not Adelina. Adelina was second in Junior Olympic Games, and she didn't won GP contest. She won the senior Russian Champs, if I remember well. Liza was bad only in Russian Champs.

You are wrong. In the season 2010-2011 Adelina Sotnikova won everything she entered. She won both JGP events (in Austria and the U.K.), then she beat Liza Tuktamysheva in Junior Grand Prix Final (Adelina was first, Liza was second). Then Adelina managed to win the senior Russian championships (Liza was third there) and then Adelina won Junior Worlds, beating again Liza who was second. That season Adelina won every event she entered.

Unfortunately when she came back after summer for the season 2011-2012, she grew and she suddenly had completely different body. Not fat, but puberty made her a bit more rounded. Then she started missing some jumps and Liza was more successful that season. As you said, Adelina was third in both GP events and then she was first substitute for GPF (unfortunately Mao withdrew too late), whereas Liza won both her GP events and qualified to GP finale. Adelina did manage to beat Liza at senior Russian championships (Liza was 6th). And Liza also made a bit of mess from the GPF. she had a good chance to win it if she skate the same way she skated at the GP events, but she didn't.

I have always liked both of them. Adelina has a great power, good speed and good coverage. But it looks like the puberty is robbing her of her jumps at the moment. :disapp: I hope she will get them solid again. she is very talented. Liza was slower and did not have the power and coverage, although she is a lovely skater to watch. From what I saw her programs from July, it seems that she has worked really hard on her speed and coverage. I am really looking forward seeing her this season.

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Shelepen and Korobeynikova both got 2nd GP.

Skate Canada gave their host spot to Polina Shelepen, which I think is logical since their ladies don't have a final chance, but a good Shelepen can reach the final. Polina Korobeynikova got the third spot for Russia in the Rostelecom Cup. I'm so happy for her.

And Yretha Silete is still on the list. Last week it was announced that she had a surgery and can not participate in the GP series. So she will be replaced later. Maybe Sofia Biryukova can replace her at the COC.

For Adelina, she doesn't look very well. Her short program may be nice after some work, but the long program doesn't look promising really. It's strange that she was one of the few skaters Tarasova liked at the test skates.

hanca

Record Breaker
Shelepen and Korobeynikova both got 2nd GP.

For Adelina, she doesn't look very well. Her short program may be nice after some work, but the long program doesn't look promising really. It's strange that she was one of the few skaters Tarasova liked at the test skates.

What exactly did Tarasova like on Adelina during the test skates? Maybe the program she (Tarasova) created?

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
What exactly did Tarasova like on Adelina during the test skates? Maybe the program she (Tarasova) created?

exactly the only reason why Tarasova would love Sotnikova's programs, she created them :disapp:
maybe including her horror long program

Last edited:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
You are wrong. In the season 2010-2011 Adelina Sotnikova won everything she entered. She won both JGP events (in Austria and the U.K.), then she beat Liza Tuktamysheva in Junior Grand Prix Final (Adelina was first, Liza was second). Then Adelina managed to win the senior Russian championships (Liza was third there) and then Adelina won Junior Worlds, beating again Liza who was second. That season Adelina won every event she entered.

Unfortunately when she came back after summer for the season 2011-2012, she grew and she suddenly had completely different body. Not fat, but puberty made her a bit more rounded. Then she started missing some jumps and Liza was more successful that season. As you said, Adelina was third in both GP events and then she was first substitute for GPF (unfortunately Mao withdrew too late), whereas Liza won both her GP events and qualified to GP finale. Adelina did manage to beat Liza at senior Russian championships (Liza was 6th). And Liza also made a bit of mess from the GPF. she had a good chance to win it if she skate the same way she skated at the GP events, but she didn't.

I have always liked both of them. Adelina has a great power, good speed and good coverage. But it looks like the puberty is robbing her of her jumps at the moment. :disapp: I hope she will get them solid again. she is very talented. Liza was slower and did not have the power and coverage, although she is a lovely skater to watch. From what I saw her programs from July, it seems that she has worked really hard on her speed and coverage. I am really looking forward seeing her this season.

Yes. I spoke about the last season. I have also liked both of them, but I thought overall Adelina is better, but Lisa's jumps were far better.