2012 - 2013 Russian skaters, rules, and events | Page 19 | Golden Skate

2012 - 2013 Russian skaters, rules, and events

hanca

Record Breaker
I don't think Radionova can turn senior next season wasn't there an approved rule that skaters below 16 cannot compete in Senior GP's
or does that apply only after the Olympics ?

I think that only apply after Olympics, but I am not certain.

Cherryy

On the Ice
15-year-olds may compete in senior GP, 16-year-olds in all senior competitions. Radionova will be age-eligible for senior GP next season.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
15-year-olds may compete in senior GP, 16-year-olds in all senior competitions. Radionova will be age-eligible for senior GP next season.

But Radionova will only be 14 next year , so this rule applies after the Olympics ?

Cherryy

On the Ice
The rule that will allow 14-year-olds compete at senior GP will applie from 2014-15 season onwards. But even though wikipedia says Radionova is 13 now, her birthday is in January, so she'll be 14 by the 1 July 2013 and 15 by the 1 July in 2014, so she may compete in 2013-14 senior GP. I hope it's clearer now :)

seniorita

Record Breaker
The rule that will allow 14-year-olds compete at senior GP will applie from 2014-15 season onwards. But even though wikipedia says Radionova is 13 now, her birthday is in January, so she'll be 14 by the 1 July 2013 and 15 by the 1 July in 2014, so she may compete in 2013-14 senior GP. I hope it's clearer now :)

Not about Radionova, but I thought the new rule wont allow 14 year olds to enter Gp..

raress

On the Ice
Can't wait to see Tuktamysheva and Lipniskaya at TEB ...Tuk's my favorite hope she'll win cuz' otherwise she won't make the GPF!

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Look at Tut-she did almost win, and it would have been well received-I only saw her SP-twice-she was a rock star. Liza is going to be on that Sochi podium if she can skate like that tango. I loved her. She is so much more musical, an artist way beyond bendable amazing Julia. I loved her SP. I really thought is superior to Ashley, who I feel is trying to channel Kwan, her idol. Liza was fast/dynamic. I think Ashley will need her 3x3 in short and long to compete-these Russian teens if solid through puberty are going to be getting monster scores at Olympics in Russia. I am worried for Ash and Gracie, who is just beginning. I can't wait to see the lp's.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I am really starting to enjoy Liza's skating very much. She seems to be getting more confident in her performance, and of course she delivers excellent technical content (7 triple LP at TEB). I think her PCS should have been about 2 points higher for her LP but if she keeps skating good programs I'm sure those marks will rise. She isn't my favorite Russian skater but I think she is the best of them.

Macassar88

Medalist
Tuk was great at TEB - I'm glad she went back to the old SP; it suits her better. Her FS is okay, but needs work in the choreography department - the fast parts (where she used Nastia's music from 2008) were great, but I didn't feel the same connection when she was skating through the slow parts. Her jumps were magnificent though. And I have a feeling that she may do a 3A either this season or next because, when I asked her if she would do it, she said mischievously that she didn't know, but she had a glint in her eye that makes me think that she's been training it.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
on Julia's vk page, she answered questions about her ankle,
it still hurts,:cry: maybe why she skipped the EX in TEB, I think skating her LP aggrevated it,

the doctors will tell soon if she has time enough for the Grand Prix Final to heal or withdraw
I am devastated :cry:

Macassar88

Medalist
on Julia's vk page, she answered questions about her ankle,
it still hurts,:cry: maybe why she skipped the EX in TEB, I think skating her LP aggrevated it,

the doctors will tell soon if she has time enough for the Grand Prix Final to heal or withdraw
I am devastated :cry:
She did the exhibition at TEB.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
She did the exhibition at TEB.

I am upset, she is very nice in vk, she answers all people asking her questions
she will know tommorow what the doctors will tell her or if she will need to withdraw

I know health comes first, but still no GPF is such a loss :cry:
I am hoping for positive news in teh coming days, poor Julia skated in LP with her ankle bothering her !

Country
Russia
Russian female skating - change of generations?

Looking at the list of Russian National Ladies entries ( http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...ionals-Entries&p=689758&viewfull=1#post689758 ) we see strange things.
Only 7 of 18 Main entries are by age eligible to Euro and World, only 1 of 3 substitutes is eligible.
5 of Main entries are not eligible even for Junior international competitions.
All 7 entries eligible are from GP events. Others (JGP finalists and qualified by Russian Cup Events) - no skaters in Senior age (only one substitute is - Nikol Gosviani).
And of 7 who are from GP Events - two or may be three of them could have no warranty to qualify by Russian Cup Events.

Yes, there are very good young girls, but what a lack of elder skaters!

Four of them (Main entries) will be eligible to all senior competitions next season, i.e. Olympics. Only one of them has international reputation and experience at Senior level (Lipnitskaia).

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Wait a moment: Makarova doesn't have the TES for Worlds! Her TES in the GP have been 40.43 and 43.47, then at NRW 44.84... So she isn't eligible for Worlds unless she competes in another Senior B and obtains the required 48!