2012 - 2013 Russian skaters, rules, and events | Page 20 | Golden Skate

2012 - 2013 Russian skaters, rules, and events

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Wait a moment: Makarova doesn't have the TES for Worlds! Her TES in the GP have been 40.43 and 43.47, then at NRW 44.84... So she isn't eligible for Worlds unless she competes in another Senior B and obtains the required 48!
I think they can use TES that the skater got a season before. The question is if Makarova will podium at RN and make Team Russia.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I think they can use TES that the skater got a season before. The question is if Makarova will podium at RN and make Team Russia.
She has never scored more than 48 last season: at worlds 39.78, euros 45.92, in the GP 46.01 and 45.20, before that she WD from Nebelhorn... She isn't so, even if she places on the podium at nationals, eligible for worlds: that's a great opportunity for the others; the team could be Sotnikova, Tuktamysheva and Leonova, knowing that Lipnitskaya and Radionova are under the required age... I doubt that Korobeneykova, Biryukova or Shelepen are able to place in the top 5...

Country
Russia
She has never scored more than 48 last season: at worlds 39.78, euros 45.92, in the GP 46.01 and 45.20, before that she WD from Nebelhorn... She isn't so, even if she places on the podium at nationals, eligible for worlds: that's a great opportunity for the others; the team could be Sotnikova, Tuktamysheva and Leonova, knowing that Lipnitskaya and Radionova are under the required age... I doubt that Korobeneykova, Biryukova or Shelepen are able to place in the top 5...
It is not needed to be in top 5. Korobeynikova past Nationals were 7th, and 3rd of eligible by age.

Yes, most probably at Euro will be Leonova, Sotnikova, Tuktamysheva.

Country
Russia
Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA was born 17 Dec 1996.
Today she is 16.

Happy birthday to you, Liza! Good luck!

LRK

Record Breaker
Yes, happy birthday, Liza - many happy returns! And may you keep getting better & better, and stronger & stronger! Good luck with the second part of the season!

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Happy belated birthday to Liza, wow can't believe she's only 16! Really bad news about Julia, was really looking forward to see her and Liza competing maybe for first and second out of the Russian ladies.

hanca

Record Breaker
So Lipnitskaya, Shelepen and Titushkina are out of Russian nationals. But good news for Fedoseeva, Li and Gosviani.
If anyone else withdraws, next ones in the line are Agafonova, then Zaseeva and then Sheveleva.

What's going on with Bazarova-Larionov? I can't find them on the list. Are they injured?

Last edited:

DianaSelene

Medalist
So Lipnitskaya, Shelepen and Titushkina are out of Russian nationals. But good news for Fedoseeva, Li and Gosviani.
If anyone else withdraws, next ones in the line are Agafonova, then Zaseeva and then Sheveleva.

What's going on with Bazarova-Larionov? I can't find them on the list. Are they injured?

No, they are not injured. Larionov changed skates about two weeks ago after the gpf because something happened with his last skates. He did not have enough time to break into his new skates so they are skipping nationals.

bluesky85

On the Ice

What happened to Shelepen and Titushkina?

babayaga

On the Ice
What happened to Shelepen and Titushkina?
Shelepen is still injured. I am really worried about her, it looks like her coaching change is a disaster. I am seriously afraid this is the end of her carrier and her only hope is to run back to Tutberidze. She was improving so nicely last season, it's heartbreaking to see what is happening with her now.

I didn't see any official info on Titushkina, but I read on a Russian forum it's health related, no details.

Country
Russia
No, they are not injured. Larionov changed skates about two weeks ago after the gpf because something happened with his last skates. He did not have enough time to break into his new skates so they are skipping nationals.
Yes, it is so. Gorshkov (President of Federation) told so, and there is private info that it is really so.

I believe, Federation does not want any risk of injury for one of two best Russian pairs before Worlds, where will be solved how many spots will have Russia for Olympics, and because of this B&L have their place at Euro and Worlds without Nationals.

Btw, Trankov told in interwiev, that Nationals will be for them (V&T) not a competition, but "test skate with judges" to make their programs as good as possible.
http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/7277.html (Russian)
So for V&T also it is not a real qualifying competition.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Wow. Liza, Adelina and Elena were all fantastic today. I saw the scores before watching the programs and was surprised to see Liza's PCS higher than Adelina's, but Liza is really starting to improve her presentation a lot more. After watching the programs, I still prefer Adelina but the difference in placement was due to Liza's more ambitious jumps so I am happy with the SP result.

Macassar88

Medalist
Wow. Liza, Adelina and Elena were all fantastic today. I saw the scores before watching the programs and was surprised to see Liza's PCS higher than Adelina's, but Liza is really starting to improve her presentation a lot more. After watching the programs, I still prefer Adelina but the difference in placement was due to Liza's more ambitious jumps so I am happy with the SP result.

I thought there would be more of a tech difference, but I guess it's understandable because Liza doesn't get all level 4 spins. (Although Adelina probably didn't get credit for the Biellmann.) I hope that Liza can get higher SS and spin levels by worlds though. If she can have level 4 on all spins and level 3 for both footwork sequences, she could definitely find herself on the podium with two perfect programs.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I hope Adelina will go back to the 3Lz+3Lo instead of the 3Lz+3T: she makes mistakes in both but, at least, the old one has a higher BV and, comparing this season performances:
at Russian test she didn't land one
Nebelhorn mistake in 3Lz
at SA nicely done
CoR fall in 3Lz
at nationals fall
Last year she had a couple of good ones, at least...