Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 - 2013 Russian skaters, rules, and events

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    so Julia Li has both Russian and Korean Citizenship ?
    No. She is from Moscow, her father has Russian name Vladislav.
    BTW, her coach from April 2012 is Eteri Tutberidse.

I think Julia Li is better so any chance she will replace Deeva or Gosviyani in JGP
    Deeva and Gosviyani have only substitute entries.

Julia Li may be only for 7th event of JGP, for previous 6 entries are already given.
    Probably, to 7th Event will be at least two skaters with 1 event and chance of final, they will be main pretenders for places at 7th event.

In Russia normal order is first to show good skating in season, be included in Team Russia (it may be at 12 years old or even at 10), and at next season to pretend to JGP Events.
    It is a way of Sotnikova and Tuktamysheva, Agafonova and Shershak, Lipnitskaia and Radinova, Greasimova and Titushkina.
    For example, Radionova is in Team Russia from 10 years old.
    Last edited by AlexRus; 09-06-2012 at 04:54 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Her spins aren't ready and her footwork sequence even had a little problem.
    Also, her FS is awful IMO - really boring and doesn't capitalize on any of her strengths
    Sotnikova's first GP event will be at 19 - 21 Oct, so there is a time of one and a half month.
    We remember not ready Kostner at International Challenge Cup 2012, for half a month after that she became a World Champion.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Totentanz View Post
    Shelepen and Korobeynikova both got 2nd GP.
    Very good.

But we still want two more places at GP.
    One for 2nd event for Biryukova (15th World Season Best), and one to move Korobeynikova to foreign event. In this case Maria Artemieva will have home event. She (born 11 Mar 1993) is one of only three too old for Juniors national-level female skaters. Not so good to pretend for Euro or Worlds, but nice. She has fans, she is in Team Russia for many years. So she deserves it.

Custom Title
    Katarina GERBOLDT / Alexander ENBERT - Katarina GERBOLDT has an injury. Because of this they will not take place in GP.
    Last edited by AlexRus; 01-09-2013 at 10:14 AM.

Banned
    I don't really get all these "how horrible!" comments about Adelina's FS. It's quite obvious that she was skating just a layout of her prog without bothering to focus on the elements. It wasn't even a test skate. They will be later this month in Novogorsk. Adelina was in the wonderful shape at THE ICE and I am sure she is now too. The dress I believe is temporary since she used it for her EX in Japanese shows. So, for FS they will definitely make a new one. That yelling vocal is indeed unbearable, especially when it comes at the very beginning and the end, heavily spoiling the whole image. They do need to trash that voice out. But all the rest is just exclusive. It brings the feeling of luxury and extravagancy of 50s' English Riviera, like Agatha Cristie's Hotel Majestic. Burlesque is not about it at all, but Adelina's chic and elegance changed it entirely. The prog underlines her stunning sex appeal and feminine confidence.
    You do people want one more some dull ice princess classic crap? I guess we had enough. Time to bring something new.

The program would be kinda okay if she had some actual choreography, right know there is hardly any until the footwork. Those spirals don't even make sense with the music. And the Christina parts are just horrid.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexRus View Post
    No. She is from Moscow, her father has Russian name Vladislav.
    BTW, her coach from April 2012 is Eteri Tutberidse.
    thanks, maybe she has Korean ancestry ? Li/Lee doesn't sound like typical Russian last name
    Tutberidze's students are good jumpers: Shelepen, Lipnitskaya, Medvedeva, Pitkeev and now her,
    I hope Julia Lee stays with Tutberidze for a while, she might really continue to improve in the coming seasons.

Custom Title
    thanks, maybe she has Korean ancestry ? Li/Lee doesn't sound like typical Russian last name
    Yes, she has. See photo http://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/6409/..._b6d82b9b_orig
    There are 153156 Koreans in Rissia, on Census 2010. And much more "non clean" Koreans, who call themselves Russians.
    Most of them are fully "russian Koreans", Russia is their homeland.

Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    I don't really get all these "how horrible!" comments about Adelina's FS. It's quite obvious that she was skating just a layout of her prog without bothering to focus on the elements. It wasn't even a test skate. They will be later this month in Novogorsk. Adelina was in the wonderful shape at THE ICE and I am sure she is now too. The dress I believe is temporary since she used it for her EX in Japanese shows. So, for FS they will definitely make a new one. That yelling vocal is indeed unbearable, especially when it comes at the very beginning and the end, heavily spoiling the whole image. They do need to trash that voice out. But all the rest is just exclusive. It brings the feeling of luxury and extravagancy of 50s' English Riviera, like Agatha Cristie's Hotel Majestic. Burlesque is not about it at all, but Adelina's chic and elegance changed it entirely. The prog underlines her stunning sex appeal and feminine confidence.
    You do people want one more some dull ice princess classic crap? I guess we had enough. Time to bring something new.
    Thanks for your comments.
    I admit I thought I was watching a "test skate" of sorts because this thread is full of them.

Before anyone goes nuts on me - I love Adelina and have since I first saw her astonishing skating at the age of 12.

For the record 12 year olds don't usually impress me but Adelina definitly did.

I am not sure if can relate her new LP music to the type of "Grace Kelly/Cary Grant" elegance most Americans associate with the masterful 50's Hitchcock film "To Catch a Thief."

That was European glamour at it's best as opposed to Adelina's purely American music featuring some classic Euro skating choreo that did not seem to fit the music very well.......

BTW, I love the "Burlesque" program Adelina skated to in Japan this summer.

But as we have seen with Mao, having great exhibition programs from Tat is not the same as having great competitive programs for the CoP.

But hey.........it's early in the season and Adelina is probably still learning this new LP. Perhaps Tat is going to tweak it....not just next week but throughout the season depending on results.

I do think "Let's Talk" makes a good point - Adelina's new LP is different....... and all we saw was a practice run through.
    Last edited by janetfan; 09-06-2012 at 12:58 PM.

Custom Title
    I don't think that people are really commenting on Adelina's skating on the video clip; I think it is more about how horrible the music sounds. In fact, not even the whole music, just the vocal bits in it.

Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    I don't think that people are really commenting on Adelina's skating on the video clip; I think it is more about how horrible the music sounds. In fact, not even the whole music, just the vocal bits in it.
    Well let's be honest here hanca.

Adelina's skating on that clip looked as disconnected to the music as Mirai at her worst. Except Mirai at her worse can show much better spins.

The music is a matter of taste, no? ..

The choreo needs some major reconstructive tweaking for Adelina to have a chance this season.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    Well let's be honest here hanca.

Adelina's skating on that clip looked as disconnected to the music as Mirai at her worst. Except Mirai at her worse can show much better spins.

The music is a matter of taste, no? ..

The choreo needs some major reconstructive tweaking for Adelina to have a chance this season.
    Janetfan, I wouldn't make a major drama of the fact that Adelina did not land a few jumps when it wasn't even in the competition and her nearest event is six weeks away. But the fact that we will have to endure this music for the whole season is a bit sad for me personally. If you like someone's skating, you don't really want to take fridge/toilet break every time when that skater skates, but this program has potential to empty the audience. I agree that the music is a matter of taste, but have you noticed that there is not that many people neither here nor on FSU who actually like this?

Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    Janetfan, I wouldn't make a major drama of the fact that Adelina did not land a few jumps when it wasn't even in the competition and her nearest event is six weeks away. But the fact that we will have to endure this music for the whole season is a bit sad for me personally. If you like someone's skating, you don't really want to take fridge/toilet break every time when that skater skates, but this program has potential to empty the audience. I agree that the music is a matter of taste, but have you noticed that there is not that many people neither here nor on FSU who actually like this?
    Actually...I don't mind the music (there is a time and place for everything)...it was the quality of skating and choreo as it failed to relate to the music I and so many others found objectionable

But I am sure it will be fixed up in the next few weeks.

I make a confession now......I have waited longer than many of you have been alive to finaly see a Russian lady skate with the "soul of Russia."

I am sure Adelina is the one...(IMO Irina NEVER came close) and labeling her purely American music as "English Riviera" feels like an excuse to me.

Adelina IMO is capable of so much more than a cheesey interpretation of second rate American Cool Jazz followed by Gospel tinged R&B arrangement we associate here more with Church revival music than high art.

Whatever...we will see what happens....and wishing Adelina the best this season.
    Last edited by janetfan; 09-06-2012 at 03:52 PM.

Banned
    Dobroskov: In America Davankova and Deputat fought for the Soviet flag

Sergey, how do you evaluate the performance of Davankova and Deputat in Lake Placid? By recording the impression that the problems that they were rolled in, due to the fact that over the summer Vasilisa grown.

- Indeed, because of the growth is a problem. In the preparatory period girl grew an inch, she broke a little coordination. Long jump and reduced emissions. Now with no issues, they are more stable, Vasilisa consults. But any program not to the extent rolled-in as required. Although such an early start, I think they did the best they could. What do I like this couple, it's the fact that they always get the most out of the situation. The short program was rolled over - they performed it in the first place. What I'm very pleased. Arbitrary rolled twice Novogorsk before, and here was the best hire. And I'm happy with this, but the fact that they skated ideal, so this we did not have time. We set the goal to skate program with all the complex elements. It was possible to simplify the problem by double instead of triple elements, and it would have looked easy and fast. But we went to the maximum and make the set of complex elements, which we will do in the future. Plus more in the long program instead of a double axel will triple jump. As planned, the guys in this season will be to roll the long program with two triple jumps.

- It seemed that the refereeing was pretty harsh against the junior world championship medalists.

- To be honest, yes. I was surprised when, in the short program, the children have put very little assessment of the components. Though they skated clean, and the audience greeted them perform well. Our judge at all "fallen", she set six, and the whole crew - five ... Is it because of what Joseph and Andrew first started, and the team took a level, and then the "dance" of their ratings. Points, then received generally low: the leaders of all 48, and then put everything else below.

- Below-it below, but for the four components of the North American pairs to put the assessment above.

- This is understandable. In America Stage Junior Grand Prix is ​​held once per two years. It is clear that there are trying their best to pull a pair of them to get to the final.

- The mood is not spoiled kids on this?

- No, they fought, even as it struggled. I'll tell you a story. We arrived in Lake Placid, before the short program came to warm up - and saw the Soviet flag, which is there since 1980, and since the Olympics. The whole, you know, a shabby, torn. And I say to the guys, look, it is necessary to try to get together to fight for our flag. The Americans saw this, captured on video - and see before any program is a new flag hanging. That is the flag of the Soviet Union, of course - but one torn, removed. I walked over to the referee and asked - why the flag changed? He answers, we felt ashamed that he is such a well-worn ... But on the contrary, I say, it's a battle flag! Though almost torn to shreds, faded, but our flag-molotkasto serpasto ...

- What further plans do you have?
    - We will participate at the box office of the national team. Joseph and Andrei, will address the audience on 15 and 16 September. Now we have to go through acclimatization. I let Andrei in Kiev, he is with us still Ukrainian citizen, while Russian citizenship had not. U.S. visa he had, it would be well to get a Schengen. There is little Vasilisa hip pain. In general, will heal the wounds, and then start training Monday and Saturday-Sunday perform at the box office.

- At what stage of the Junior Grand Prix will still start guys?

- While plans Zagreb. This is the penultimate stage. But closer to him, after the stage in Austria, a look at the standings. Davankova and deputy have a real contender for the finals, so for purely tactical reasons, or go to Zagreb, or Dresden.

- Do you plan to address in adult competitions?

- Immediately after the Zagreb going to adjust to the adult program. Maybe go to a tournament in Nice, there is usually a very impressive structure. Since November, we will perform in the adult competition to be selected for the championship of Russia. The guys after a good set of elements. Junior short program with a double Axel and a double twist - it's not their level. If they do release it, flip, which was made in an arbitrary, then a short program will look at all very well.

- By the way, any of which program choreographers for guys put?

- Briefly put Nikolai Morozov. Its signature track adorns this program. He is with this track two weeks suffered. But it is really very dynamic, appropriate music. A random put Irina Zhuk. It should be noted that in the last season Davankovoy and a deputy in the program were mostly dash and elements. Because last season was the installation, it was important to show what we learned elements. This is all at a crossing on a bunch of guys ... and yet to be fully mastered. Start to the season, but all learned the chords, triple elements necessary to do more. But with each passing month, I think it will all be better and better, and by December, that is, for the final Grand Prix, for the championship of Russia - will be a good option. But not before. The second half of the season - this is our junior championship of Russia and the world championship. We have a plan to get into the Russian national team at senior championship, that is in the top six. Let us aspire to. Well, the junior will try to keep the flag high. Though he is torn, but still ours, dear! (Laughs).

http://rsport.ru/interview/20120904/614910526.html
    Last edited by sky_fly20; 09-06-2012 at 03:06 PM.

Custom Title
    That story about the flag is so interesting. Even if both of those skaters were born Post Soviet I am sure there is some knowledge of history and it had to be a little disturbing.

Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast