2012 - 2013 Russian skaters, rules, and events | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2012 - 2013 Russian skaters, rules, and events

Country
Russia
Also, Michelle + Slutskaya + Sasha are more formidable than any of the ladies Liza beat certainly (I mean Murakami? Czisny? Give me a break).
We hawe not leaders of level of Michelle, Slutskaya, Sasha now.

Liza at Skate Canada 2011 won Suzuki, Wagner, Leonova, Nagasu, Flatt, at Trophee E. Bompard 2011 - Kostner, Czisny, Murakami.

hanca

Record Breaker
Which means that she has beaten all ladies that placed at Worlds 2012 between 1st and 5th place.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Let's just see how good these Russian girls are in the next couple years. We've all seen this before. A tiny 13 year old landing jumps all over the place only to grown 5-6 inches and lose all her jumps and is done by the time she is 17.

Country
Russia
Let's just see how good these Russian girls are in the next couple years. We've all seen this before. A tiny 13 year old landing jumps all over the place only to grown 5-6 inches and lose all her jumps and is done by the time she is 17.

Shelepen did not lose jumps, Sotnikova too. Korobeynikova's jumps became better.
All these girls are not miniature now.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty

I agree remember Flatt to Zhang who were hailed as the next stars, though Zhang had flawed technique from the start. but some of these girls don't look like little girls, look how Adelina has grown also Polina K. doesnt look like a little girl . Adelina has some promise, she has kept most of her jumps though we still need a few more years to check her stability

hanca

Record Breaker
Does anyone know why Polina Agafonova did not get any JGP event? She was down for one and then she was replaced and did not get anything instead. At the moment she is down as substitute for the last one only, while Zaseeva who placed 7th is getting second one. Is Polina injured?

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Shelepen did not lose jumps, Sotnikova too. Korobeynikova's jumps became better.
All these girls are not miniature now.
Yes but the jury is still out as to how good Shelepen, Korobeynikova and even Sotnikove will be.

momskate

Rinkside
But where are they now? They are being replaced with young jumping beans like Lipnitskaya, Rodionova

hanca

Record Breaker
I don't think they are being replaced by anyone. They have two GP events and who will be sent to Europeans and Worlds depends on how they place at their nationals. If they do well, they will be send.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Yes but the jury is still out as to how good Shelepen, Korobeynikova and even Sotnikove will be.

Is the jury "still out" on Sotnikova?
If Adelina was American the hype and expectations would be through the roof.

Skaters like Michelle and Yuna - who always made the podium are rare.

Adelina has already won alot for a skater her age and it appears she has adjusted to her growth spurt.

I expect to see her on the Worlds podium this season which would set her up well for Sochi.

Country
Russia
Zaseeva put in a a pretty good LP, though. (5th there)
Zaseeva for three seasons has not good luck at JGP Events.
She had one JGP Event at 2010, one at 2011, one at 2012. Places 14, 7, 7 respectively.
Her best score at national-level competitions at seasons 2010/11 and 2011/12 were more than 40 higher, than JGP score.

Her skating at FS Open Moscow this season (program is the same) was significantly better than at JGP Bosphorus.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
It was good to see Zaseeva put in a pretty good LP at JGP Bosphorus but it is too bad that she hasn't put it together yet internationally.

I see that Adelina is supposed to be skating at Nebelhorn this week!

Country
Russia
I see that Adelina is supposed to be skating at Nebelhorn this week!
Yes. Sotnikova and Shelepen - main entries, Biryukova - substitute entry.

10:00 local time (UTC+2) at Sep 28 starts Ladies SP.
10:00 local time (UTC+2) at Sep 29 starts Ladies FS.
http://www.eislauf-union.de/Nebelho...detail_Zuschauer_44_kkdetail_view_verans.html

Also Kaetlyn OSMOND, Viktoria HELGESSON, Caroline ZHANG and some interesting, but not so high level skaters.

Men - Nobunari ODA, Denis TEN, Ivan BARIEV, Konstantin MENSHOV.

Pairs Vera BAZAROVA / Yuri LARIONOV, Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR / Maxim TRANKOV.

Ice Dance Julia ZLOBINA / Alexei SITNIKOV (Azerbaijan), Ksenia MONKO / Kirill KHALIAVIN.

Country
Russia
Journal "Moscow Skater" No 1-2 2012 can be downloaded http://ffkm.ru/images/mf/Figurist_2012_1-2_25-26.pdf (Russian Language).
Many info about World Juniors 2012, and at first Lipnitskaia.
They write that Julia at training lands all 3+3 combos, including 3Lz+3Lo.

There is info about Junior Men, Junior Pairs (and interview with Davankova/Deputat and their coach Sergei Dobroskokov).

Also Ice dance, Syncronized Skating.

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Ahhh.

I wish there were an English language version.. or for that matter, French or German.