Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 474

Thread: 2012 - 2013 Russian skaters, rules, and events

  1. #166
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    15,986
    sky_fly20, Thank you so much for the translation!!!

  2. #167
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    1,796
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    By recording the impression...
    More correct translation is "By video the impression...".

    "she broke a little coordination" - more understandable "she broke coordination a little".

    "Long jump and reduced emissions." - more correctly "Long time was needed to restore jumps and throws."

    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Briefly put Nikolai Morozov.
    More correct translation is "Short Program put Nikolai Morozov".

    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    A random put Irina Zhuk.
    More correct translation is "Free Skating put Irina Zhuk".

    "Korotkaya" (short form of "korotkaya programma") means "Short Program".
    "Proizvolnaya" (short form of "Proisvolnaya programma") means "Free Skating".

    There are also some other minor incorrectnesses.

    Unfortunately, I have no time to translate, I translate very slowly because of my not very good English.

    If somebody wants to know correspondence between English and Russian figure skating terms, may be recommended to use Communication 1724.
    English version is at http://isu.sportcentric.net/db//files/serve.php?id=3589
    Russian version at http://fsrussia.ru/news/263_odinochn...mmyunike-1724/

  3. #168
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    1,796
    Feodosiy EFREMENKOV, born 19 Mar 1996.
    Coach Alla Ivanova.
    First National level competition - 2006/07 Zhuk-Y 2nd.
    2011/12 - RusNat 15th RusYunNat 4th, Spartakiad of Youth 1st. Best Score National Level Competitions (Junior) 197.34.
    Lands 8 triples in FS (including 3A twice). 3A+2T, 3F+3T. Spins 3 level, StSq 2 level (at most).
    Member of Team Russia 2007/08 and from 2009/10 to now.

    He is the second of russian Junior Men (after Maxim KOVTUN), Junior Men who were 1st and 2nd past season, now are not Juniors because of age.

    His former coach and choreographer - Nikolai Morozov.
    At summer was scandal with him and Kovtun (drinking, women and so), because of that they were kicked out from Morozov's group.

    Photos - http://www.fskate.ru/skaters/119/photo/ (many photos)

    Videos
    SP http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPvpQBcEvTs
    FS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mqPnNv6QMk
    FS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5srzACuKaZ0

    ISU Bio http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00012772.htm

  4. #169
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    1,796
    Maria VIGALOVA (born 29 Jun 1999) / Egor ZAKROEV (born 31 Dec 1993)
    Coaches Valentina Tukova, Valeriy Tukov (male), Pavel Slusarenko, city of Perm.
    In pair from 2010/11.
    Results of 2011/12 RusNat - 10, RusYunNat - 4, Final of Cup of Russia (Senior) - 3, Spartakiad of Youth - 2.
    Best Score of National-level competitions 150.60 (Final of Cup of Russia, Senior), 145.54 (RusYunNat, Junior).

    We see - Maria VIGALOVA is almost youngest possible Junior of this season (youngest possible is that who was born 30 Jun 1999).

    Photos http://www.fskate.ru/photos/image11273.jpg
    http://www.fskate.ru/skaters/751/photo/ http://www.fskate.ru/skaters/1909/photo/ (many photos).

    Videos
    SP Final of Cup of Russia http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwNBbq8gDCk
    FS Final of Cup of Russia http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WL5kCvZqQDQ
    FS RusYunNa http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZBk_usZbzs

    Next competition - 12-16 Sept JGP Linz, Austria.

  5. #170
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    942
    I like Maria's posture and flexibility. Obviously, they are still juniors and there is some work to be done, but this pair seems to me that they have 'it'; that thing that keeps your attention and make you watch it. I can't put a finger on what it is.

  6. #171
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    15,986
    AlexRus, Do you know anything about Andrei LAZUKIN RUS who will be skating at JGP Linz. He has no ISU biography.

  7. #172
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,495
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexRus View Post

    "Korotkaya" (short form of "korotkaya programma") means "Short Program".
    "Proizvolnaya" (short form of "Proisvolnaya programma") means "Free Skating".

    There are also some other minor incorrectnesses.

    Unfortunately, I have no time to translate, I translate very slowly because of my not very good English.

    If somebody wants to know correspondence between English and Russian figure skating terms, may be recommended to use Communication 1724.
    English version is at http://isu.sportcentric.net/db//files/serve.php?id=3589
    Russian version at http://fsrussia.ru/news/263_odinochn...mmyunike-1724/
    Thanks, AlexRus! I'll tell you, your English is a lot better than my French (the language I studied in the most detail). It's great to have some Russian speakers on GS to feed us information.

  8. #173
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    1,796
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    AlexRus, Do you know anything about Andrei LAZUKIN RUS who will be skating at JGP Linz. He has no ISU biography.
    First post of this thread consists a list of skaters' bio, with links for more easy seeing.

    Lazukin exists there.

  9. #174
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    1,796
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Thanks, AlexRus! I'll tell you, your English is a lot better than my French (the language I studied in the most detail). It's great to have some Russian speakers on GS to feed us information.
    If there would be Japanese language speaker for feeding information, I'd be really happy. If Chinese and Korean also - it would be more than it is possible to dream.

  10. #175
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    15,986
    Thanks, AlexRus, for the info. I must have typed Lazukin's name wrong in the thread search, because it did not come up.

  11. #176
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,495
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexRus View Post
    If there would be Japanese language speaker for feeding information, I'd be really happy. If Chinese and Korean also - it would be more than it is possible to dream.

    You don't even have to wish for it! There are several Japanese speakers. They've been very generous with translations of interviews and magazine articles, and also reports from the summer ice shows. There are also several speakers of Chinese languages we've heard from, and at least one or two Koreans. If you hunt around on some of the threads (such as the Daisuke Takahashi thread, the various threads devoted to YuNa, and the Patrick Chan thread--because he's been interviewed by Chinese-language media), I'm sure you'll find enjoyable tidbits of information.

  12. #177
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    942
    AlexRus, can you tell us more about Fedorova/Miroshkin? And also Davankova/Deputat, please.

  13. #178
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,378
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    AlexRus, can you tell us more about Fedorova/Miroshkin? And also Davankova/Deputat, please.
    I know some from Davankova/Deputat plans, they will go to their second JGP in Croatia as they have to settle their not so good performance in Lake Placid , they will then compete in a B International competition as Seniors ( maybe Coup de Nice ) in preparation for National Championships, their aim is Top 5-6 Placement at Senior Russian Championships in December.

  14. #179
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    942
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    I know some from Davankova/Deputat plans, they will go to their second JGP in Croatia as they have to settle their not so good performance in Lake Placid , they will then compete in a B International competition as Seniors ( maybe Coup de Nice ) in preparation for National Championships, their aim is Top 5-6 Placement at Senior Russian Championships in December.
    Top 5-6 place at Russian senior nationals will be really hard. I know that last year it was doable, but last year the top two pairs did not compete. As I see it, Volosozhar-Trankov, Kavaguti-Smirnov and Bazarova-Larionov will place above them for sure. So they are going to compete with Stolbova-Klimov, Gerboldt-Enbert, Martiusheva-Rogonov, Maisuradze with his new partner... Davankova and Deputat are good, but there is a very strong competition and it will depend on how the others deliver (or not deliver).

  15. #180
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,378
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    Top 5-6 place at Russian senior nationals will be really hard. I know that last year it was doable, but last year the top two pairs did not compete. As I see it, Volosozhar-Trankov, Kavaguti-Smirnov and Bazarova-Larionov will place above them for sure. So they are going to compete with Stolbova-Klimov, Gerboldt-Enbert, Martiusheva-Rogonov, Maisuradze with his new partner... Davankova and Deputat are good, but there is a very strong competition and it will depend on how the others deliver (or not deliver).
    Gerbodlt/Enbert are injured and will be out for 2012-2013 season,
    Maisuradze and his new partner ? I doubt a newly created partnership will really do well....
    Nodari's new partner is a young girl but we still have to wait for the Russian Cup Series how they will do

    the possible Top 1-4 at Russian Championships
    are between Volosozhar Trankov, Kavaguti-Smirnov, Bazarova-Larionov, Stolbova-Klimov

    so their direct competitor for 5-6th placement is Martiusheva-Rogonov who also have jump issues.

    Davankova/Deputat did test skates today:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlB1v...1&feature=plcp

    schedule for Sept 15-16 test skates
    Plushenko, Adelina, Volosozhar/Trankov and others will be there
    Last edited by sky_fly20; 09-15-2012 at 08:59 AM.

Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •