2012 - 2013 Russian skaters, rules, and events | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2012 - 2013 Russian skaters, rules, and events

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Journal "Moscow Skater" No 1-2 2012 can be downloaded http://ffkm.ru/images/mf/Figurist_2012_1-2_25-26.pdf (Russian Language).
Many info about World Juniors 2012, and at first Lipnitskaia.
They write that Julia at training lands all 3+3 combos, including 3Lz+3Lo.

There is info about Junior Men, Junior Pairs (and interview with Davankova/Deputat and their coach Sergei Dobroskokov).

Also Ice dance, Syncronized Skating.

thanks, you have any info/Bio of Pitkeev and Samarin ? :)
I dont know much about Russian junior men skaters, is it still in very bad state ?

I know Pitkeev is coached by Tutberidze and Samarin is coached by Goncharenko
I am familiar a bit with Samarin since I saw his skate videos in 2010, we has great spins and finished 1st or 2nd on all local competitions, but he struggled a bit last March competition I think he finished 3rd or 4th ? and grew a bit now

I like his skating and he reminds me of Alexander Abt, hopefully he gets deeper edges like Abt.

Country
Russia
Alexander SAMARIN, born 15 Jun 1998.
Coach: Inna Goncharenko (who is also coach of Elena RADIONOVA), Moscow, CSKA.

Season 2008/2009 - Zhuk-Y 2nd place.
NRW Trophy 2010 - 1st Novice.
Season 2011/12 - Cup of Russia IV -3rd, Cup of Russia V -3rd (I don't know why he didn't participate in RusYunNat, maybe illness), Final of Cup of Russia 4th, Russan National (elder age) 4th. All these competitions - Junior level.
Personal Best 193.90 (Junior).
Lands 7 triples in FS, 3Lz+3T, 3F+3T. Spins 4 Level, StSq 3 Level.
Member of "Team Russia" from 2010/11 to now.

Photos
http://www.fskate.ru/photos/image7606.jpg (Samarin, Kolyada, Efremenkov).
http://www.fskate.ru/skaters/445/photo/ (many photos)

Videos
SP http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ux3LLmfu5-E
FS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-H8HoWTmkro
FS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoznPKFtK48

Last edited:
Country
Russia
thanks, you have any info/Bio of Pitkeev and Samarin ? :)
If you will visit first post of this thread, you will find links to bios.

I dont know much about Russian junior men skaters, is it still in very bad state ?
Not so bad.
There are not so good very young skaters in Russia as Nathan CHEN or Boyang JIN.
But level is not so low. Alexander PETROV was 2nd at JGP Event. Mikhail KOLYADA and at first Maxim KOVTUN may have very good future.

We will see what two "iron ladies" - Tarasova and Vodorezova - will make of Kovtun.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
If you will visit first post of this thread, you will find links to bios.

Not so bad.
There are not so good very young skaters in Russia as Nathan CHEN or Boyang JIN.
But level is not so low. Alexander PETROV was 2nd at JGP Event. Mikhail KOLYADA and at first Maxim KOVTUN may have very good future.

We will see what two "iron ladies" - Tarasova and Vodorezova - will make of Kovtun.

Kolyada ? didn't he already competed at 1 JGP this season, he did not medal and I think isn't very good his name does Not have a second JGP assignment so is Efremenkov not appear on any list, I see Pitkeev and Samarin have 2 JGP assignments, I agree Kovtun has potential

so only 4 young Russians that are promising this season?
Kovtun, Petrov, Pitkeev and Samarin ?

Country
Russia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXMDlrCE4_I - fragment of Vesti-Sports news TV program about "Klin Skate" May 2012.
The only info about this competition (which is in calendar of Federation of Figure Skating of Russia, so of high state).
Samarin was first at Senior Men, Pogorilaya (6 and 7 Events of JGP-2012) first at Senior Ladies.
No scores are known, no videos (except very short fragments).

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
AlexRus, do you happen to know what Anna Shershak is using for her music this year? Also any recent details would be interesting, particularly as she is one of my favorites to do well at JGP Sencila-Bled this next weekend.

Her test skate of her LP looked a bit rough. Was she injured? She missed a competition I know (because you told us)?

Country
Russia
AlexRus, do you happen to know what Anna Shershak is using for her music this year? Also any recent details would be interesting, particularly as she is one of my favorites to do well at JGP Sencila-Bled this next weekend.

Her test skate of her LP looked a bit rough. Was she injured? She missed a competition I know (because you told us)?
Shershak at test skating performed past season FS program at past season dress (pink inner skirt).
She landed 3F (new jump for her), but there was not 3Lo (which she landed at the end of past season).
When she was to skate SP, it was announced, and she was there, but didn't skate. Why? Somebody told about problems with blades of skates.

I believe, she was not fully ready, and because of this she was moved from JGP IV to JGP V.

No info about her problems. But problems - not a kind of info that is widely distributed.

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Then I guess it would be fair to say that she might be using her last year's LP, but her SP program is unknown at this time?

Country
Russia
Then I guess it would be fair to say that she might be using her last year's LP, but her SP program is unknown at this time?
Yes.
We will know at Friday.

Many skaters don't tell about their programs. For example, Leonova and Pluschenko told that they have many "prototypes of programs", of which one will be SP, one FS, and one gala. And nothing more certain.

Country
Russia
http://www.rg.ru/2012/09/28/sotnikova.html
The 16-year hope of our national team Adelina Sotnikova told "Russian Newspaper" how she prepares for a debut on Senior international championships

Skater Adelina Sotnikov who turned 16 years old this summer, reached Senior age (as for figure skating rules) and in this season for the first time can take place in the Euro and the Worlds.

In this season Adelina already showed more Senior skating and told to the correspondent of "RG" about the expectations from a new stage in career.

Adelina when to you was 13, you called "child prodigy" because you executed the most difficult combos. Now a jump arsenal didn't lose?

Adelina Sotnikova: On trainings I still everything do all well: combos 3Lz+3T and 3Lz+3Lo. A question in doing them as it is pure on test skating and at competitions. Probably, it is necessary to roll more the program to feel both music, and triple jumps. But the main thing after all - psychological preparation. After all in respect of physics on trainings everything is ideal. Here and during the last, fourth hire in the ice palace "Moskvich" it tried to be adjusted: hundreds times scrolled elements in the head, counted on the best...

But you fell from 3F. Even scolding from the adviser of the national team and the of choreographer Tatyana Tarasova received. Wasn't upset?

Adelina Sotnikova: I was dissatisfied that didn't execute a jump. And in general, I think, Tatyana Anatolyevna found to me a right approach. She was right, when told that I not fully concentrated on ice. Perhaps I was tired after several days of demonstration skating. But it is in any case better to commit now these mistakes, than then at competitions.

Over jumps you work, and over image and style? Your programs became more "senior"?

Adelina Sotnikova: For me more "senior" driving means more womanly. I feel that grew to such image that is ready on more serious emotions. So I like to skatel my new programs. Short it is put on Rimsky-Korsakov's music "The Spanish capriccio" plus a tango on step sequences. Free skating is the blues mixed with a soundtrack to the film "Burlesque".

How there passed work on these compositions?

Adelina Sotnikova: We were in training camp in mountains and there skateng new programs. In two weeks after return from training camp went to Japan. Mao Asada invited me to her show. There I made the last year's Bolero program which is very much pleasant to my Japanese fans, and with variations on the subject of my present Free Skate program "Burlesque". Me and Mao became friends, when she came to CSKA to train at Tatyana Anatolyevna Tarasova. But it was shock for me when she invited me. Unforgettable impressions - from skating, from public, from other figure skaters. It was smartly.

And was Japan pleasant?

Adelina Sotnikova: We were in the cities of Osaka and Nicco. In the evening after skating show found time to resemble, vanish, despite a heat. It seemed, the temperature came nearer to plus 50. Perhaps I also exaggerate, but literally two minutes on the street - and you all in sweat. So on a skating rink there was our rescue. But at one excursion it was pleasant to me. The nature, castles - it is very beautiful, unforgettable. However, all told in English. I know language not so well and even was surprised that understood, of what it is a question.

You specially were engaged in English?

Adelina Sotnikova: Yes, went on courses, learned with the teacher. But, unfortunately, for some time lessons should be suspended. the 10-11th class of school I will finish in a year. It is necessary to study mathematics seriously, Russian, biology. I want to pass examinations well and to arrive in Institute of Physical Culture (Institute where learn on coaches on different types of sports - AlexRus). I will become the coach.

What sports purposes you put? You won the championships of Russia three times. The first number of the national team is a reference point?

Adelina Sotnikova: The purpose - not place, but to skate purely as I did it in 2010. That season I won Senior national championship, and the Junior World Championship, and Final of the Junior Grand Prix. I was so self-assured that everything turned out. And that year relaxed and not with such spirit left on ice.

Ahead special season?

Adelina Sotnikova: It will be certain something new. It is interesting to get to Euro, to the Worlds, to feel what is large Senior international competition. Though I already started at Events of the Grand Prix, possibility to get on the championships will be the first in my career.

Last edited:

gmyers

Record Breaker
Another medal for a Russian man in the JGP! Surprisingly poor performance from Tanaka and Han. So Alexander Smaraian has a medal.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Gerasimova wins the LP, and the bronze medal at JGP Sencila-Bled in a good comeback effort.

:slinkaway: but I lost my heart to tiny 13 year old Ivett Toth of HUN. :eek::

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Adelina lost. That's not going to be good for her confidence this season.
I don't think so: she skated good programs, she just made three mistakes in two programs, it's not her fault if osmond skated better...

luckyguy

Match Penalty
http://www.rg.ru/2012/09/28/sotnikova.html

Adelina Sotnikova: It will be certain something new. It is interesting to get to Euro, to the Worlds, to feel what is large Senior international competition. Though I already started at Events of the Grand Prix, possibility to get on the championships will be the first in my career.

She is very selfconfident. But is it sure she will qualify at Russian Nationals? Don´t forget Leonova, Tuktamysheva, Markova, Korobeynikova, Biryukova and Shelepen.

AlexRus, thanks for translating such a long and enlightening interview. I was especially interested to hear about Sotnikova's time in Japan, and how well received she was by Japanese fans. (And that she's pursuing her studies! That's especially gratifying to hear.) Also, I'm thrilled to hear that she's using the Rimsky-Korsakov piece Capriccio Espanol. It's got some wonderful rhythms in it, and it can really get an audience going. I wonder which section of it she's using--my guess is the one used by Torvill and Dean for their fabulous Olympic compulsory dance.

hanca

Record Breaker
I don't think she is super confident. Confident probably yes, but not overconfident. And the names you mentioned, surely you don't want to suggest that Makarova, Biryukova, Shelepen and Korobeinikova will beat Sotnikova? There was no competition within the last few years where either of them would score higher than Adelina, so I am curious what makes you think that it will happen? Sotnikova did not skate her usual standard in the Nebelhorn Trophy, but Shelepen still placed lower than her. As far as I know there wasn't competition in the last 3 years where Adelina competed and did not medal. Ok, she may not be always first, but she seems to always medal. Russians have got 3 spots for Europeans and 3 spots for Worlds. If Adelia medals at Russian nationals, she is going. As I see it at this moment, the chances of her medalling are quite high. (Luckily, Lipnitskaya is still underage for Europeans/Worlds, so you have exactly three girls for three places - Sotnikova, Tuktamysheva and Leonova).