Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast
Results 406 to 420 of 474

Thread: 2012 - 2013 Russian skaters, rules, and events

  1. #406
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    248
    Any news about the Russian Junior Nationals? I would like to know how Julia is doing and how other skaters are preparing for the event... Are the entries out yet?

  2. #407
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    1,482
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesky85 View Post
    Any news about the Russian Junior Nationals? I would like to know how Julia is doing and how other skaters are preparing for the event... Are the entries out yet?
    Unofficial info about official list of entries http://www.fskate.ru/results/tour/1164.html (Russian)
    Julia Lipnitskaia included.

    The same from official site http://fsrussia.ru/news/386_sostav/
    17 Men and 17 Ladies are because were included Kovtun and Gosviani, who are at Euro team. Now they are not in the list, may be will be substitutes.
    Last edited by AlexRus; 01-14-2013 at 09:42 AM.

  3. #408
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    639
    There is no Anna Shershak. Is she injured? Or didn't she qualify? Why did she do only one competition this whole season?
    Last edited by hanca; 01-14-2013 at 04:38 PM.

  4. #409
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    1,482
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    There is no Anna Shershak. Is she injured? Or didn't she qualify? Why did she do only one competition this whole season?
    She qualified because she had JGP Event (in Russia all JGP participants are qualified to Junior Nationals, it is because Federation sends to JGP best Junior skaters, and 18 entries at Junior Nationals - it is enough for JGP participants and best of them who qualifies through Russian Cup Events).

    On absolutely unofficial info, she, maybe, stopped competitive skating.

  5. #410
    Custom Title FSGMT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    2,336
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexRus View Post
    She qualified because she had JGP Event (in Russia all JGP participants are qualified to Junior Nationals, it is because Federation sends to JGP best Junior skaters, and 18 entries at Junior Nationals - it is enough for JGP participants and best of them who qualifies through Russian Cup Events).

    On absolutely unofficial info, she, maybe, stopped competitive skating.
    That would be so sad...

  6. #411
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    1,482
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    That would be so sad...
    Yes. But not so rare.
    Of 18 Junior Ladies from Junior Nationals 2011 six, i.e. one third of overall quantity - not at Senior or Junior Nationals this season:
    Rosa SHEVELEVA - not hign level after injury
    Polina AGAFONOVA - did not try to qualify in Juniors (and not qualified in Seniors)
    Daria Medvedeva - does not compete from past season (injury)
    Ekaterina Frolova - stopped skating
    Alexandra DEEVA - did not try to qualify on Senior or Junior Nationals (and had no chance - her skating became worse)
    Daria Afanasieva - no competitions this season.
    Last edited by AlexRus; 01-17-2013 at 12:10 PM.

  7. #412
    the Golden Era sky_fly20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    6,899
    ^

    add Polina Shelepen

  8. #413
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    639
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexRus View Post
    She qualified because she had JGP Event (in Russia all JGP participants are qualified to Junior Nationals, it is because Federation sends to JGP best Junior skaters, and 18 entries at Junior Nationals - it is enough for JGP participants and best of them who qualifies through Russian Cup Events).

    On absolutely unofficial info, she, maybe, stopped competitive skating.
    She may have qualified, but she is not on the entry list.

    OMG, just noticed the last sentence!

  9. #414
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    639
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    ^

    add Polina Shelepen
    You can't count Polina. She qualified to senior nationals but withdrew because of injury.

  10. #415
    the Golden Era sky_fly20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    6,899
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    She may have qualified, but she is not on the entry list.

    OMG, just noticed the last sentence!
    Anna wouldnt have any chnace anyways, Shershak has grown alot and got injured struggling with her jumps
    by next JGP all junior slots will be crowded all the good upcoming juniors will be eligible
    Sakhanovich, Sotskova, Medvedeva, Ogoreltseva and Anna P and Elena if they stay juniors

    some skaters like Gersaminova, Titushkina or Stavitskaia may not even get an assignment next JGP

  11. #416
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    639
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexRus View Post
    Yes. But not so rare.
    Of 18 Junior Ladies from Junior Nationals 2011 six, i.e. one third of overall quantity - not at Senior or Junior Nationals this season:
    Rosa SHEVELEVA - not hign level after injury
    Polina AGAFONOVA - did not try to qualify in Juniors (and not qualified in Seniors)
    Daria Medvedeva - does not compete from past season (injury)
    Ekaterina Frolova - stopped skating
    Alexandra DEEVA - did not try to qualify on Senior or Junior Nationals (and had no chance - her skating became worse)
    Daria Afanasieva - no competitions this season.
    Why didn't Agafonova try to qualify in juniors? I thought she got 1 or 2 JGPs but then they took both of them from her. Not sure what was going on, but if she was willing to do JGP, why wouldn't she be willing to do a competition to qualify for junior nationals? It's a pity Agafonova missed the qualification for the senior ones very close. Gosviani was third substitute and she got in because three skaters withdrew, Agafonova was the fourth substitute, so if anyone else withdrew she would compete. (Maybe if she competed, she would be now the one going to Europeans. Funny how one place sometimes matters so much.) Sheveleva was the sixth substitute so that was a bit too far off.

  12. #417
    the Golden Era sky_fly20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    6,899
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    Why didn't Agafonova try to qualify in juniors? I thought she got 1 or 2 JGPs but then they took both of them from her. Not sure what was going on, but if she was willing to do JGP, why wouldn't she be willing to do a competition to qualify for junior nationals? It's a pity Agafonova missed the qualification for the senior ones very close. Gosviani was third substitute and she got in because three skaters withdrew, Agafonova was the fourth substitute, so if anyone else withdrew she would compete. (Maybe if she competed, she would be now the one going to Europeans. Funny how one place sometimes matters so much.) Sheveleva was the sixth substitute so that was a bit too far off.
    Agafonova has terrible results at the Russian Cup series and was not given any JGP assignments
    same for Nikol who was placed as substitute because she was horrible at the start of the season who did not podium even
    lost to ineleigible JGP younger girls like Medvedeva, Sotskova, Sakhanovich etc.

  13. #418
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    1,482
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Agafonova has terrible results at the Russian Cup series and was not given any JGP assignments
    Her first start at season was Russian Cup II (2-6 Oct), it was too late for JGP Events, JGP VI was at same time (3-7 Oct), so after Russian Cup II was only one JGP Event.
    She was not so good at Coupe de Nice, 6 place (139.94), after Léna MAROCCO and with almost the same score as Lénaëlle GILLERON-GORY (Polina's score only 1.74 higher).
    So you see the level.
    Federation, deciding whom to send to JGP, also have seen her level. Because of this she had no JGP Events.
    Polina had not Russian Cup III (because it was simultaneously with Coupe de Nice), so she could have only three Russian Cup Events. If trying to qualify in Juniors (at IV and V Events of Russian Cup), she would lose a chance to qualify in Seniors. She (or her coach) decided to try to qualify to Seniors.

    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    same for Nikol who was placed as substitute because she was horrible at the start of the season who did not podium even
    lost to ineleigible JGP younger girls like Medvedeva, Sotskova, Sakhanovich etc.
    Medvedeva, Sotskova, Sakhanovich are high level young skaters. Sakhanovich was 4th at Nationals.

    Gosviani really skated not so good before Nationals. Her skating at Nationals was the only clean skating in season.

  14. #419
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    639
    Let's hope she has a good skate at both programs at Europeans. That would mean real breakthrough for her. She probably won't have another chance like this because next year Lipnitskaya is added to the mix of eligible for seniors, and if Gosviani doesn't grab the chance now, she will be written off. Life is so unfair sometimes. In the UK (and in most countries except of Japan and USA) she would be the national champion, whereas in Russia she is nobody; her only fault is that she was born at the wrong time in a wrong country. Being born the same year as Sotnikova and Tuktamysheva...not very lucky...

  15. #420
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    1,482
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    Let's hope she has a good skate at both programs at Europeans. That would mean real breakthrough for her. She probably won't have another chance like this because next year Lipnitskaya is added to the mix of eligible for seniors, and if Gosviani doesn't grab the chance now, she will be written off.
    Not only Lipnitskaia.
    Also Pogorilaya (medalist of JGP Final), Gerasimova, Stavitskaya (medalists of JGP Events) will became Seniors.
    Gerasimova won Gosviani at Russian Cup Event this season.

Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •