Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 - 2013 Russian skaters, rules, and events

And Alexei Krasnozhon?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    Hey, you can give her to us if you don't want her!
    We love her. We want her. She is for two seasons member of "Team Russia".
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    We don't have ANY LADY who can land 6 triples in FS.
    Different countries - different situation.
    Julia ANTIPOVA, who landed 7 triples (2 underrotated), 3T+3T, 2A+3T, TES in SP 30.68 FS 49,25 (it's enough for technical minimum for Worlds) was gone to Pairs, because of "no chance" in Ladies.

In USA situation is similar - good Ladies have little chance for Internationals because there are better Ladies.
    Last edited by AlexRus; 08-02-2012 at 06:55 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexRus View Post
    We love her. We want her. She is for two seasons member of "Team Russia".

Different countries - different situation.
    Julia ANTIPOVA, who landed 7 triples (2 underrotated), 3T+3T, 2A+3T, TES in SP 30.68 FS 49,25 (it's enough for technical minimum for Worlds) was gone to Pairs, because of "no shance" in Ladies.

In USA situation is similar - good Ladies have little shance for Internationals because there are better Ladies.
    I know. That's why I think they should change country. I would prefer if it was like in tennis - you watch the best in the world, not the best from most countries... If some countries have 5 great ones, I wouldn't mind all those five being sent to worlds instead of skaters from other counties who are not as good, rather than maximum 3 and then watching skating of someone not as good only because that person was born in a different country. But that's my personal opinion.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    And if you think how many first level stars wont make it to International competitions and Sochi..Between Sotnikova, Elisaveta, Julia L, Leonova, (Makarova?), Shelepen, Polina K., and then some less accomplished like Biryukova, Agafanova, Ovcharova and Deeva only 3 will take part :(

I like Kovtun from upcoming men, at least last year he looked great.

Does anyone know whether Russia released Iliushechkina to compete for France or are they still waiting?

No they havent and I doubt they will before Sochi, I believe they will after, but Lubov is happy where she is now and is willing to wait as much as is needed.

Yes, I'm more interested in the boys than the girls. Kovtun, Efrimenkov, and Kolyada should be the ones fighting for the two Worlds Junior spots. None are consistent and I don't see what others see in Kovtun, I lean towards the other two and the Pitkeev, and the boys Mishina coaches. They seem to all have an interesting, non-Plushenko style.

In Mishina team there are two boys who are indeed not Plushenko clones but I didnt know they are age eligible for competition. I m not sure I know their names too, but I ll search YT, someone had posted videos from the camp gala.
    And I also saw Tarasenko who was hyped some years ago but isnt going anywhere I guess..

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by DobrinFan View Post
    Yes, I'm more interested in the boys than the girls. Kovtun, Efrimenkov, and Kolyada should be the ones fighting for the two Worlds Junior spots. None are consistent and I don't see what others see in Kovtun, I lean towards the other two and the Pitkeev, and the boys Mishina coaches. They seem to all have an interesting, non-Plushenko style.
    I'l give info, but not so fast.
    It needs time to collect info, good photos & videos.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by DianaSelene View Post
    This is pertaining to pairs - Does anyone know whether Russia released Iliushechkina to compete for France or are they still waiting?
    Waiting as far I know.

Iliushechkina made scandal, lied about "very bad conditions" (in fact, conditions were as for other skaters of comparable level, i.e. normal for Russia) and so on.
    So federation is'nt benevolent to her.

Yeah I figured Tarashenko was going nowhere as well. Don't know the ages of the other boys but can look it up.

AlexRus, take your time, no rush

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    And if you think how many first level stars wont make it to International competitions and Sochi..Between Sotnikova, Elisaveta, Julia L, Leonova, (Makarova?), Shelepen, Polina K., and then some less accomplished like Biryukova, Agafanova, Ovcharova and Deeva only 3 will take part :(
    I see, you know not very much about Russian skaters.

Biryukova had arm bone injury after National, her only event after that was Spartakiad of Youth (march 2012), not very good because she did not restore her full level after injury. 2012/13 wil be as usual for her. Level of skills of Biryukova is treated as close to Shelepen and Korobeynikova (before Euro-2012 it was treated as significantly better than Korobeynikova).

Agafonova is good enogh, we will see her on JGP events, I believe.

Anna Ovcharova lost season 2010/2011 (leg injury), in 2011/2012 she was not good (17th in National). Federation of Figure Skating was good for her, she had two events of Cup of Russia and participated in Natonal regardless not wery good places at these events.
    After that she changed country. Now she lives in Geneva and is a Swiss skater, not Russian. No scandal, no problems, unlike Iliushechkina.

Alexandra Deeva had bad results in Natnonal (15th) and even worse in Junior National (16th, with score 122.02). After Junior National (04-07 Feb 2012) she did not take place in any event. May be, she will leave skating.

Ksenia Makarova in 2011/12 had permanent problems in FS (while SP was good). Her best result in FS (5th Event of Cup of Russia) is with only 4 landed triples. She was 2nd in this FS, first was Evgenia Medvedeva (age 12 years and 10 days), who landed 7 triples.
    So we see not very good Makarova's results on Internalionals.
    I hope she will overcome this problem. If no - there are too many skaters who will give her no chance.

Rosa SHEVELEVA - her results in 2010/11 were very good. But after that season she had serious illness, unforchunately, and this situation is permanent, with no hope.
    So she is gone from "big sports", although she skates, with score about 110-130 total (SP+FS).
    Last edited by AlexRus; 08-02-2012 at 06:16 AM.

Custom Title
    Alexei Krasnozhon, born 11 Apr 2000.
    Coach Tatiana Mitina, Oleg Tataurov, St.Petersburg.
    First National level competition - 2008/09 Zhuk-Y 14th.
    2011/12 - RusYunNat 14th, Zhuk-E 3rd, Crystal Skate(E) 3rd. Best Score National Level Competitions (Junior) 165.73.
    Lands 7 triples in FS. 3Lz+3Lo, 3F+2Lo+2Lo. Spins 1-4 level, StSq 2 level.
    Member of Team Russia 2011/12 2012/13

Photos
    http://www.fskate.ru/photos/image13818.jpg (with coah Tatiana Mitina)
    http://www.fskate.ru/photos/image13845.jpg (see the tongue)

Videos
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Krasnojon - many videos
    FS Crystal Skate 2012 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gaCmn1XwEE
    FS Zhuk-E 2012 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt4_bNMBXis
    SP 30 Now 2011 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e3QY4Yg3wU
    FS 01 Dec 2011 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJhTXk_7QHQ
    SP & FS Crystal Skate March 2009 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJGeM3PEkCE

Thanks.

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast