2012 - 2013 Russian skaters, rules, and events | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2012 - 2013 Russian skaters, rules, and events

Country
Russia
Congrats to Elena Rodionova with first win at JGP and a bounce as the highest score.

That is amaizing LP from Aug. 24, 2012:thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpQrgiMV3eM&feature=plcp
My sense is mixed.
It is very good that she skated without mistakes and won. Result was predictable.
But we have seen about the same her level about 9 and half months ago. It would be better for 13 years old girl to show a real progress for this time.
But it is the first start of season. Fiture starts will be better.

hanca

Record Breaker
My sense is mixed.
It is very good that she skated without mistakes and won. Result was predictable.
But we have seen about the same her level about 9 and half months ago. It would be better for 13 years old girl to show a real progress for this time.
But it is the first start of season. Fiture starts will be better.

What do you mean that you saw this 9 and half months ago? Do you mean at Russian championships? I think it is amazing that she is ready in the first week this season began, and that she delivers two programs without any mistake after summer holidays. Also, she might have shown the same jumps 9 and half months ago, but realistically, there is not much jumps she can add in there. (sure, she could work on triple axel and the quads, but from the jumps ladies usually jump she is at the top.) Her levels on spins are also L4, despite the small changes in rules. What other progress you would like to see? There is not much higher technically she can go.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
By the way, AlexRus, do you know anything about a Junior Man named Adyan Pitkeev? He is skating at Lake Placid JGP, but he has no bio. Would you know what his music is? I understand that he did quite well in the Junior cup of russia series, and there is a video of him. I don't know anything else about him.

Country
Russia
What do you mean that you saw this 9 and half months ago? Do you mean at Russian championships?
It was a 4th Event of Cup of Russia. Before it she had an other program, not so complicated. From 4th Event - SP is the same (with minor difference between Junior and Senior programs - 3Lz+3T&3F or 3Lo+3T&3Lz because 3Lz preceeded by steps was needed at Junior program). FS was not the same, but base value of jumps was even slightly higher.
And what happened with her 2A? She had higher GOE of 2A+2A+Seq (and Solo 2A in SP also). I hope that problem is only in start of season.

Triple axel and quads - it's not realistic for her now.

She can work on GOE and PCS. Most actual is PCS, and in this now isn't big progress. May be, it will be in season.
She is too young to stop her growing in level.

Last edited:
Country
Russia
Titushkina in Courshevel.

Her problem was an overcomplicated program. She is not actually ready to 3Lz+3T (in fact 3Lz<+3T<, judges in Courchevel "did not see" underrotations very often).
But may be it is better for future.

Good start, not so bad as 2011 and 2010, when her results of first competitions were much lower than in other competitions of season.

For her first competitions in season - good enough result.

You forgot to translate that when she saw Pluschenko skating, she cried. :cool: (My Russian language is a bit rusty, but that's what I think she said)

Well, that's promising! I hope Plushy is able to maintain that level of skating all the way up to Worlds (and to Sochi!). If he moved Tarasova to tears, that's a skate I want to see.

hanca

Record Breaker
Not yet. It is too early, because she will be competing in seniors and seniors season hasn't started properly yet. I think she will be competing at Nebelhorn Trophy in Sept. 26-29

Country
Russia
You forgot to translate that when she saw Pluschenko skating, she cried. :cool: (My Russian language is a bit rusty, but that's what I think she said)
Yes, she told so. And also "He surprised me. He shook me." And "Eugene is in a tremendous form, physical form." And many other very good words.

Country
Russia
Well, that's promising! I hope Plushy is able to maintain that level of skating all the way up to Worlds (and to Sochi!). If he moved Tarasova to tears, that's a skate I want to see.
I remember his FS at Euro-2012. It was enough to understand that his solution to return is a good solution.
If he will skate even better - I have no words.

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
AlexRus, when will Russian Cup start? I'm curious to see the new programs of Russian ladies. Leonova, Sotnikova, Shelepen, Makarova.. Do you know when will we be able to watch them?

emdee

Final Flight
I am so looking forward to seeing Plushenko at worlds. I have seen a lot of the great russian skaters including pairs and ice dancers over the years so it will be a wonderful chance for me to see him as he doesnt perform in Canada much. Yags on the other hand was much loved in Canada and performed here many times.

hanca

Record Breaker
AlexRus, when will Russian Cup start? I'm curious to see the new programs of Russian ladies. Leonova, Sotnikova, Shelepen, Makarova.. Do you know when will we be able to watch them?

The question is, would the above named compete at Russian cup? They may have to be excused if they have Grand Prix events. But there should be soon (about in a month time) their test skates. The closed ones have already happened or are happening now, but the open ones should take place sometime in September?

Country
Russia
Seson 2011/12.
Season is traditionally opened by Open Championship of Moscow (Junior, Novice), 4-7 Sept, Moscow. Results may affect on JGP events, substitutes may be main and vice versa.

Russian Cup - qualifying competition. All events Senior, Junior, Men, Ladies, Pairs, Ice Dance. Of the results of Senior Events is National (Seniors), on the results of Junior Events is National (Joniors). Also included in Nationals of results of GP and JGP this season and ISU championships of previous season.

Russian Cup I - 11-15 Sept, Perm.
Russian Cup II - 02-06 Oct, Yoshkar-Ola.
Russian Cup III - 23-27 Oct, Samara.
Russian Cup IV - 13-17 Now, Kazan.
Russian Cup V - 27 Now-01 Dec, Moscow (new date, 1 week ealier than planned).

All events are in different places at first for prepare skaters to roads, hotels, unknown ice palaces, i.e. conditions in internationals.

Best skaters, who have international events, at most take place in one event of Russian Cup, from III to V.
GP or JGP are treated as more important events, than Russian Cup. So skater may ignore Russian Cup to prepare better to GP or JGP, while is recommended that all best skaters have at least one Russian Cup event. So no Russian Cup events may be only if they really interfere with GP(JGP) Events and Final for skater. Or in other rare cases (injury, return of skater of Pluschenko's level - he took place in Nationals without any qualifying event, anybody who has several gold medals from Worlds and Euro may do so).

The best skaters we may first see at Senior B competitions.
For example, Polina Shelepen plans to be at Ice Star (Minsk) 07-09 Sept.

Last edited:

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Seson 2011/12.
Season is traditionally opened by Open Championship of Moscow (Junior, Novice), 4-7 Sept, Moscow. Results may affect on JGP events, substitutes may be main and vice versa.

Russian Cup - qualifying gompetition. All events Senior, Junior, Men, Ladies, Pairs, Ice Dance. Of the results of Senior Events is National (Seniors), on the results of Junior Events is National (Joniors). Also included in Nationals of results of GP and JGP and ISU championships of previous season.

Russian Cup I - 11-15 Sept, Perm.
Russian Cup II - 02-06 Oct, Yoshkar-Ola.
Russian Cup III - 23-27 Oct, Samara.
Russian Cup IV - 13-17 Now, Kazan.
Russian Cup V - 04-08 Dec, Moscow.

All events are in different places at first for prepare skaters to roads, hotels, unknown ice palaces, i.e. conditions in internationals.

Best skaters, who have international events, at most take place in one event of Russian Cup, from III to V.
GP or JGP are treated as more important events, than Russian Cup. So skater may ignore Russian Cup to prepare better to GP or JGP, while is recommended that all best skaters have at least one Russian Cup event. So no Russian Cup events may be only if they really interfere with GP(JGP) Events and Final for skater. Or in other rare cases (injury, return of skater of Pluschenko's level - he took place in Natioals without any qualifying event, anybody who has several gold medals from World and Euro may do so).

The best skaters we may be first see at Senior B competitions.
For example, Polina Shelepen plans to be at Ice Star (Minsk) 07-09 Sept.

Thank you so much!! I didn't notice Ice Star is so early in september. Just a week later we will see Shelepen's programs then. Hope we will find videos.

Country
Russia
The question is, would the above named compete at Russian cup? They may have to be excused if they have Grand Prix events. But there should be soon (about in a month time) their test skates. The closed ones have already happened or are happening now, but the open ones should take place sometime in September?
From 12 to 16 Sept, at four arenas in Moscow.
Information about time etc (if somebody wants to go), Russian language http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/4914.html

At last we will have real info.
Close test skates were really close - no videos, only some words "good or not very good".