Links to Gymnastic Coverage Streams? (US/North America) | Golden Skate

Links to Gymnastic Coverage Streams? (US/North America)

skateluvr

Record Breaker
I asked for help in last post of gymnastics thread, expl why I can't sit upright all night to watch the gymnastics coverage. I need a feed for computer-no tv in bedroom, must lay flat. It says on NBC .com live streaming is oover and full replay not ready yet. Please can someone help me find a compputer site to watch the gymastics team coverage with the us ladies covered? eastern usa/english speaking if possible. I hate to miss this but I just cant sit up any more (bed has memeory foam-slightly more comf than lounge chair -THANKS ANYONE FOR GIVING ME SOME LINKS, I AM NOT FINDING ONE YET GOOGLING. :eek:hwell:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
chances are you're not going to find one that you can snag in the US... NBC has the rights and they are very good at stopping the piracy by third parties. because it's not a live event other countries that got it live or close to it won't be restreaming, so you're probably going to have to wait till they put it on repeat online.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
I'll copy and paste what I appended to my post in the other thread:

Any cnandian or english speaking feed should cover us well if NBC doesn't stream the Tv coverage. I'm just not good or too patient at searching now so tks guys in advance. Rock on.

Here are some NBC feeds: Stream 1 Stream 2 Stream 3

You can find many more feeds of channels from all over the world that cover the Olympics on the site here. The BBC streams have excellent quality of the Beeb's live coverage of the games, and of course, it'd be in English. And if you want more live coverage, check out SportLemon, which aggregates a ton of live sports feeds.

I'm afraid you already missed McKayla's amazing vault, but here's a fan video taken live at the arena.

Last edited:
I just got to see the super whopping vault. I'm sure that will get replay all evening. That girl defied gravity.

Skateluvr, I'm totally clueless about online streaming, but I send best wishes and hope you feel better.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Thanks Olympia, dear heart..and thank you SB! You have educated me much....I have found some great gymnastics pages.ooops phelps on!

seniorita

Record Breaker
I donwloaded this program, it is free and helps you watch UK based players. If you do install I ll say unistall after Olys, there are lots of ads.
So I can watch bbc player, streaming all day and replay of all sports.
Otherwise http://www.unotelly.com/ you can do the same, all programs on demand.

Maroney's vault in slow motion:cool:

Last edited:

Serious Business

Record Breaker
I am headdesking myself for finding about this after so many of the gymnastics events are over. But I found the optimal solution to watching the BBC Olympics coverage: use Tunlr. There are no apps to install, no ads to look at, and it works on almost any platform! Just go to the site and follow the guide. A note about the guide: I'm on a Mac, and when I followed the guide, I saw they wanted me to restart the computer after inputting the IP addresses. I was like LOL wut, I shouldn't need to do that. And indeed, I did not. I went to Tunlr's status check page, where everything was green. I went to BBC's Olympics page, and I could watch anything I wanted immediately.

So again, if you use Tunlr, you very likely do not need to restart your computer. Just visit the status check page after you put in their DNS address.

Another important note, although Tunlr reminds you of this, remember to change your DNS address back after you watch the broadcasts. This way you won't unduly cog up the tubes and machines of this free service. You may want to write/type it down before changing it to the Tunlr DNS to make sure you don't lose it.

Edited to add a troubleshooting tip: If you visited the BBC live player site before you are using the Tunlr DNS, the BBC site may refuse to feed you its delicious video even after you switched on the Tunlr DNS. If that happens, just close the BBC window, quit the browser completely and restart it, and it should work.

Further edited to add: If you missed any of the BBC's excellent coverage, you can use Tunlr to watch archives of its Olympics broadcast.

Further further edited to add another troubleshooting tip: I just had BBC rudely tell me they won't let me play an archive video because I'm not in teh UK even though I turned Tunlr on and restarted my browser. I managed to fix that by going to Firefox preferences, click on the Advanced button on the right, then the Network part in the bar, and the "Clear Now" button under Cached Web Content. Then I restarted Firefox and loaded the BBC webpage completely fresh, et voila, the video showed up. I'm not sure what the equivalent procedure is on other machines and setups. If someone has that problem, too, I will try to google a solution if you ask.

Last edited:

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Oh dear, the BBC online feed appears to be extremely strained and breaking down all over right before the gymnastics all-around finals for women. Fortunately, if you use Tunlr, there are other options. You can use this Eurovision Sports feed, or this one. It's not as high quality as the BBC feeds, though, and there are no commentators.

ntl

Rinkside
I've been using this program to watch the different BBC channels: http://bbc-player.com/. The initial connection might take a little while but after that it works very well. Very decent video quality and very little buffering. I've heard that some computers might identify the program as a trojan but I didn't have any problem. You might have to adjust your antivirus to allow the program to install.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Oh dear, the BBC online feed appears to be extremely strained and breaking down all over right before the gymnastics all-around finals for women. Fortunately, if you use Tunlr, there are other options. You can use this Eurovision Sports feed, or this one. It's not as high quality as the BBC feeds, though, and there are no commentators.

that's what happens when word gets out to the masses. puts too much strain on the system. :laugh: