Sochi 2014 media rights | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Sochi 2014 media rights

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
It's the people in European countries that are not getting Olympic coverage from their national broadcasters that I feel sorry for. Whereas they would have had Eurosport to fall back on in the past, they won't have that luxury this year. :disapp:

CaroLiza_fan

I feel sorry for me as well! ;) I'm sure there will be some figure skating shown, but I'm really crossing my fingers for someone to upload each and every single skater on youtube shortly!
Yes, you! I'm talking to you! (I mean everybody who reads this, not specifically CaroLiza_fan!) ;)

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Ah, so I had heard right after all last month when the Dutch commentators said Eurosport wasn't gonna air Sochi, only 'the road to Sochi'. It was confusing, but now it says so on the website, as well.

Well, I fully expect simultaneous livestreams of all the figure skating via the NOS (the Dutch version of the BBC), but sadly those are usually geoblocked outside Holland.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
One of my motorbike racing friends posted this link to their Facebook profile.

http://sahafe.com/kis-olimpiyatlarina-trt-yasagi-damga-vuracak/

Could somebody who speaks better Turkish than Google please tell me what it is about?

From the Google translation, I am not sure whether TRT will be showing any figure skating, or if it is just the Ladies they are not showing, or what.

So, could somebody clear up the confusion?

Thank you

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
One of my motorbike racing friends posted this link to their Facebook profile.

http://sahafe.com/kis-olimpiyatlarina-trt-yasagi-damga-vuracak/

Could somebody who speaks better Turkish than Google please tell me what it is about?

From the Google translation, I am not sure whether TRT will be showing any figure skating, or if it is just the Ladies they are not showing, or what.

So, could somebody clear up the confusion?

Thank you

CaroLiza_fan

Just wanted to let you know that I asked my friend what the story was about, and when she got back to me tonight, it confirmed what I suspected.

TRT are not showing the Ladies category, and the reason given was because of "clothes sensitivity".

In other words, they are not showing the Ladies the costumes are too skimpy! :eek:

Suffice to say, it has not gone down very well with the public.

Turkey never had any problem with showing the Ladies category when Tuğba Karademir was competing. But, there again, Turkey did not have an ultra-conservative government then.

It makes you wonder what they think about all these tourists that visit Turkey every year and wear hardly anything... :think:

CaroLiza_fan