Skate Canada leadership changes | Golden Skate

Skate Canada leadership changes

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I forgot to add that Skate Canada -- uncharacteristically -- has not said a word about this news on Twitter or Facebook.
The press release was posted on the SC website, but on a Friday going into a holiday weekend. Maybe they hoped no one would notice??
(Meanwhile, they did bother to tweet a "Happy long weekend" message.)

slipslidin

On the Ice
No, Colleen this is much more Wagnerian than that. It could be the Gotterdammerung. In the past year there have been unheard-of wonders to behold. Top teams have called it quits. The (argueably) top coaching team in the world has split. Skaters from the past are rising from their slumbers to compete again. It gives a person goosebumps.

heyhey

On the Ice
No, Colleen this is much more Wagnerian than that. It could be the Gotterdammerung. In the past year there have been unheard-of wonders to behold. Top teams have called it quits. The (argueably) top coaching team in the world has split. Skaters from the past are rising from their slumbers to compete again. It gives a person goosebumps.

Why stop there, LOL? Let's make Elvis Stojko CEO since car racing may not work-out....insert sarcasm...

emdee

Final Flight
If you want to be ridiculous - maybe David Dore wants his job back.

Last edited:

colleen o'neill

Medalist
emdee..bite your tongue..:eek::eek:..We know Cinquanta has spoiled his fun, we don't want him to take his marbles and go home ..

heyhey..you make my blood run cold..

Dragonlady

Final Flight
Why stop there, LOL? Let's make Elvis Stojko CEO since car racing may not work-out....insert sarcasm...

If you want to be ridculous - maybe David Dore want his job back.

Thanks guys. Now I'll have nightmares about both of these scenarios.

I like the idea of Michael Slipchuk as as CEO or Benoit Lavoie. I think both have done an excellent job in their respective roles.

colleen o'neill

Medalist
Oh ,"Let's make Mikey try it " ?

Seriously, I hope it's not for health reasons..but having said that... It's passing strange that this should come about so close to the start of the season , without prior notification .

And I thought the late Friday info dump was only in politics. ( Take that wherever you like )

emdee

Final Flight
I think Mikey has done fairly well where he is at so hope he doesnt move so soon to Olys.

colleen o'neill

Medalist
:biggrin: The trouble is , whenever I see or hear Michael Slipchuk, I can't help thinking of when he got a nosebleed in competition and Rod Black was waxing poetic about "Michael Slipchuk's Bloody Battle "..:rolleye:

Benoit Lavoie seems pretty OK to me but is there resistance to him internationally..or does it matter ?

emdee

Final Flight
Skate Canada head has to be really slimy so we can make all the deals for PChiddy to win the Olys and fulfil the prophecy of our GS posters. Big bad skate Canada has to crush the smaller skating nations ( wink wink cough cough)

janetfan

Match Penalty
Skate Canada head has to be really slimy so we can make all the deals for PChiddy to win the Olys and fulfil the prophecy of our GS posters. Big bad skate Canada has to crush the smaller skating nations ( wink wink cough cough)

It is interesting that in USA 999,999.99 out of a million could not name the head or any US Skating official (did I do the math right :))

That would not be the case when it came to knowing the big shots who run basketball, football or baseball in USA.

My guess would be that many Russian and Japanese people might know who the big chiefs are in their skating federations. But that has never been the case in USA.

Thinking of all the discusions I have read here about "back room deals" when it comes to selecting the USA Natl or Olympic skating teams the truth is I don't know who they are - let alone the general public.

It feels certain Canadian skating will go on regardless of who is calling the shots and running the show.

If Patrick wins Gold in 2014 it will depend much more on how he skates as opposed to who is in charge of Canadian figure skating.

Last edited:

emdee

Final Flight
Hi Janetfan

If Patrick wins Gold in 2014 it will depend much more on how he skates as opposed to who is in charge of Canadian figure skating.
So glad you are of that opinion - I have the same opinion too!

janetfan

Match Penalty
Hi Janetfan

So glad you are of that opinion - I have the same opinion too!

Hi emdee,

Hopefully we can feel the same way about the ice dancing in Sochi....

Although in the strange "sport" of ice dancing history is NOT on our side. :sarcasm:

Hoping the best manipulators do NOT secure the Gold for their team in the Dance.....and it is actually determined by what they do during the competition.

And please....no more bungee cords for handicapped teams. That is what the "special Olympics" are for. :yes:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
You will be thrilled to know that bungee cords were forbidden since the 2010-2011 season...as am I.