Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Alex Schwazer, Carolina Kostner's boyfriend, disqualified

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan! blue dog's Avatar

Alex Schwazer, Carolina Kostner's boyfriend, disqualified

Alex Schwazer, Carolina Kostner's boyfriend, was disqualified after failing a drug test:

http://www.cbc.ca/olympics/story/201...-expelled.html

Custom Title
    He doped himself up to do WALKING?

Tripping on the Podium

Exclamation carolina's boyfriend

her boyfriend tests positive for doping in london olympics !!!!
    http://www.figureskating-online.com/...-schwazer.html

http://www.fotomac.com.tr/English/Ot...ive-for-doping

so bad

fabien from france
    see you in courchevel = who is going ?
    tell me to meet

Custom Title
    WOW! And he is a police, oh the irony.

Yes, a great WOW!!!!

Custom Title
    This will cast a shadow to his whole career. Do you think Carolina knew?

Quote Originally Posted by glam View Post
    This will cast a shadow to his whole career. Do you think Carolina knew?
    Great question, if they have a real relationship, she had to know, I think.

Custom Title
    He tested positive for erythropoietin (EPO), which you need to inject like insulin. I have no idea if it was possible to hide from a girl friend. It could be.

Like insulin, our bodies produce EPO too because we need it to produce red blood cells. EPO injection can be used to boost RBC production and improve durability. But too many blood cells can make blood too viscous, and that's why EPO is banned.

Custom Title
    Yeah, I guess if they both spent time together in Obersdorf she had to knew about it?? Because doing EPO is probably very messy, with injections, dosers and you even have to take some of your blood out so that it wouldn't make it too heavy.

Custom Title
    An italian article states that this was the reason why Kostner won't participate on the GP's. http://www.wintersport-news.it/8385,News.html

Custom Title
    Wow, you guys are fast. I just heard about this and went to check this site to see if we were up to speed. Well you are not guilty by association - but you can be party to a crime so to speak. Of course, many will wonder what about her? Why isn't she doing the GP? Did she know about her boyfriend? Maybe they should both retire and combine skating and walking - like ballroom dancing where drugs are not tested?

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan! blue dog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    Wow, you guys are fast. I just heard about this and went to check this site to see if we were up to speed. Well you are not guilty by association - but you can be party to a crime so to speak. Of course, many will wonder what about her? Why isn't she doing the GP? Did she know about her boyfriend? Maybe they should both retire and combine skating and walking - like ballroom dancing where drugs are not tested?
    Uhh guess again-- Ballroom dancing does test. They're going to be a demo sport in 2020.

Custom Title
    no, the decision not to partecipate to the GP is because she took the decision to continue skating very late and is late with the preparation of her programs, as her manager told
    http://olimpiadi.corriere.it/2012/no...box_primopiano

The whole doping thing has really thrown a wet blanket over all sports, especially track and field. The perception is, everyone does it and everyone knows everyone does it. If you run faster than someone else, it's because you have better steroids, and if you finish second it's because your pharmacologist isn't as good as the other guy's.

There was a funny but sad piece on the TV coverage last night about the indignities athletes must suffer for drug testing. For instance the old trick of inserting a catheter into your bladder and filling it with someone else's urine, which you can then deliver naturally -- naw, the drug police are onto that one.

Custom Title
    I'm pretty sure MM can defend himself, but it is a widely held perception that doping is widespread in a number of sports including track and field - this perception is discussed at length often around big events, such as the olympics. just google doping and sports and you will find endless discussion about it - and many people on the inside, former and current coaches for example, are often among the first to say it is so. A current debate seems to suggest it is so wide spread and testing is so unable to 'catch' people in a timely fashion if at all that perhaps doping should be leaglized and regulated.

I'm not advocating the latter point; nor am I saying all or even most athletes dope; but that there is a widespread perception that it is occurring and a ongoing and robust discussion about it, yes there is. I, although aware of all of the financial pressures and ever increasing use of 'acceptable' technologies to enhance performance, remain something of a purist and wish that athletes wouldn't dope, and am able to retain a certain kind of naive optimism that my favorites - or the ones i'm watching at any given moment are clean. I let the experts and pundits make the accusations, do the testing, impose the sanctions....

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast