Sytycd - 2012 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Sytycd - 2012

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
didn't realize they moved it over to Tuesday night... missed it last night. UGH.

heyang

Record Breaker
didn't realize they moved it over to Tuesday night... missed it last night. UGH.

The finale is also on Tuesday night.

There were some really good performances last night and each of the 4 danced 5x each. All-Stars included Twitch, Allyson, Will and Alex.

Overall, I think Eliana will take the ladies title. Tiffany is a good dancer, but she was kinda invisible for part of the competition.

Chehon vs Cyrus. Chehon should win..... just don't know who strong Cyrus's fan base is. Cyrus has definitely improved a lot, but he's definitely not as good a dancer compared to Chehon. However title is 'favorite' not best dancer.....

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Chehon vs Cyrus. Chehon should win..... just don't know who strong Cyrus's fan base is. Cyrus has definitely improved a lot, but he's definitely not as good a dancer compared to Chehon. However title is 'favorite' not best dancer.....

I hope that Chehon or Elaina win. I don't think it would be right that Cyrus take the title. I like him and I think he has improved and I think he's a super person....but...........the others have spent time and money and there should be some rules for the technical side. I just don't think it would be fair but that's just my opinion if Cyrus won.

heyang

Record Breaker
I hope that Chehon or Elaina win. I don't think it would be right that Cyrus take the title. I like him and I think he has improved and I think he's a super person....but...........the others have spent time and money and there should be some rules for the technical side. I just don't think it would be fair but that's just my opinion if Cyrus won.

It is favorite dancer. Fortunately, a lot of dancers do watch the show and vote.

In my mind, Cyrus has stood out much more than Tiffany as far as performance (not technique) and that counts a lot, too.

What a find unusual is that 2 ballet dancers have made it to the finals.

Two winners this season - 1 male and 1 female. If there was just going to be 1 winner, I'd pick Eliana.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm happy with the winners, are you????

heyang

Record Breaker
I'm happy about Eliana. As for the guys, I'm glad Chehon won over Cyrus, but I realy wanted Cole to win the guy's title.

Forgot to mention that it was awesome to see Benji Schwimmer dancing a couple of weeks ago. He's bulked up over the years, but still dances wonderfully. I hope they bring him back again to either dance or choreograph.

No! Benji danced? And I missed it? Rats! He was my favorite of all the winners. I'll hunt and see if it's on YouTube. Benji is brilliant. I think only his height has kept him from being hired as a partner on Dancing with the Stars. They've successfully brought over a few SYTYCD dancers: Chelsie Hightower, Dmitri Chaplin, and of course Benji's sister Lacey. Benji has danced at least once as a guest on DWTS.

Edited to add: I think I found it! Is this it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwevAvJOoiE

Wow, this guy is just living electricity. And listen to how warmly all the judges (and Cat Deeley) welcomed him and praised his dancing. Nigel Lythgoe is great at calling attention to dancers' strengths, but his enthusiasm was even greater because it was Benji. I think in terms of dancing, I feel about Benji the way I feel about Kurt Browning in skating. They both have such charm and charisma but also such command of their technique--and such versatility.

Last edited:

Pixie Cut

On the Ice
Benji is brilliant. I think only his height has kept him from being hired as a partner on Dancing with the Stars. They've successfully brought over a few SYTYCD dancers: Chelsie Hightower, Dmitri Chaplin, and of course Benji's sister Lacey. Benji has danced at least once as a guest on DWTS.

Benji is a swing dancer. Chelsie, Dmitri and Lacey were all Latin dancers with knowledge of standard ballroom as well. Lacey also competed in swing dancing, but her Latin background was just as extensive. Benji didn't have enough expertise in ballroom and Latin to be a pro on DWTS.

heyang

Record Breaker
Benji is a swing dancer. Chelsie, Dmitri and Lacey were all Latin dancers with knowledge of standard ballroom as well. Lacey also competed in swing dancing, but her Latin background was just as extensive. Benji didn't have enough expertise in ballroom and Latin to be a pro on DWTS.

Benji also choreographed a West Coast Swing for Sarah and Pasha during season 3. It's too bad they don't use him more as a choreographer. Yes, Lacey has also had more training in other realms of dance as compared to Benji. I can only assume that their cousin Heidi isn't called upon because she got married a few years ago.

I think a lot has to do with their schedules, too. Pasha doesn't partner as much as Anya, but he has choreographed since their season of SYTYCD. Also, some of the other popular contestants have gone on tour, etc. If you watched Travis Wall's All the Right Moves, you can see how busy a dancer's life can be when successful - Travis and his friends have had to shuffle committments to choreographing for others and other projects vs forming their own dance company + attending classes to sharpen their skills in their expertises and learn other areas of dance.