Sytycd - 2012 | Golden Skate

Sytycd - 2012

Oh, "The Bench!" That was so lovely. Did she do the Hummingbird program a season or so later? That was lovely too.

Cat Deeley was on "Live" this morning. She sounds just as interesting in real life as she does as a host. For my money, she's one of the three best live talent show hosts on the air, along with Tom Bergeron (the very best of all) and Ryan Seacrest. All three combine self-possession with warmth, and they try to make the contestants look good.

heyang

Record Breaker
no that was the chick with teh mohawk

I think Hummingbird and Flower to the Chairman's Waltz was choreo'd by Wade Robson, not Sonya Taya (I'm pretty sure I spelled her last name incorrectly.) I 'd love to see a # of Wade's numbers performed again. I also enjoyed his Rama Lama Bang Bang and other routines to the music of Roisin Murphy.

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Ok just watched it... not impressed with the copycat theme... I don't think any team did better or even matched it.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
older and heavier maybe? her hair is longer now... not the pixie cut it used to be.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
older and heavier maybe? her hair is longer now... not the pixie cut it used to be.

I was thinking more along the lines that she had some face work done??? Maybe???

heyang

Record Breaker
Ok just watched it... not impressed with the copycat theme... I don't think any team did better or even matched it.

I agree with you . ..... I think Lyndsay and Cole might've been closest. Frankly, for me, this season's been kinda blah. No one's really standing out as much as other seasons - i.e. Benji, Joshua, Katee, Twitch, Allyson, Brandon, Ade, etc.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I agree with you . ..... I think Lyndsay and Cole might've been closest. Frankly, for me, this season's been kinda blah. No one's really standing out as much as other seasons - i.e. Benji, Joshua, Katee, Twitch, Allyson, Brandon, Ade, etc.

oh good, I thought I was the only one

it's gotta be hard to dance knowing you might end up being voted off the same night.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Toichelle said:
if she did, it was a botch job, I think she looks way worse now.

I think so too...I thought she looked terrible.

I agree with you . ..... I think Lyndsay and Cole might've been closest. Frankly, for me, this season's been kinda blah. No one's really standing out as much as other seasons

I kind of thought Cole was standing out or at least for me.

merrywidow

Record Breaker
I've found Cole to be a standout since the auditions. Maybe it's the facial expressions as much as the dance?

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I've found Cole to be a standout since the auditions. Maybe it's the facial expressions as much as the dance?

I love watching Cole...his hands are so wonderful. I was a little upset with the judges last week for their comments to Cole but then I thought that may help him to be even better.

I was sorry to see Amelia Lowe go...I thought she was a standout as well. She just had a different look, other than blonde and pretty.

heyang

Record Breaker
I was surprised by 1 of the bottom 2 guys tonight, but happy about who was saved.

For me, the remaining 4 ladies are 'even'. Until tonight, 1 of them didn't stand out much, 1 was judges' favorite, and the other 2 were pleasant.

Tonight was a pretty good performance night iMHO.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was surprised by 1 of the bottom 2 guys tonight, but happy about who was saved.

I was very happy that Cole was saved. I was shocked that Will & Cole were in the bottom 2.

I loved Will ....he is one of the people in this world that is so apprecitive of his gift of dance. You can tell how much he loves it. There are people that are gifted but they are not appreciative...they want as Nigel said....look at me...look how great I am. That wasn't Will or Cole...they work at their gift. I feel that Lindsey worked really hard while Whitney struts her body....I wished the judes had saved Lindsey instead.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I agree, they saved the wrong girl. It's obvious the judges see something America doesn't - how many times has she been in the bottom 3?

heyang

Record Breaker
I was very happy that Cole was saved. I was shocked that Will & Cole were in the bottom 2.

I loved Will ....he is one of the people in this world that is so apprecitive of his gift of dance. You can tell how much he loves it. There are people that are gifted but they are not appreciative...they want as Nigel said....look at me...look how great I am. That wasn't Will or Cole...they work at their gift. I feel that Lindsey worked really hard while Whitney struts her body....I wished the judes had saved Lindsey instead.

I was shocked that Cole was in the bottom 2. I thought Chehon would be there instead of Cole because Chehon's been in the bottom before. For me, Cole and Cyrus have the most charisma of the guys. Until last night, I really didn't remember Will - his personality was much more on display most recent episode. I definitely don't think that Cyrus is the best dancer - far from it- but he's a likeable personality and he has learned a lot and I think that's why he's not in the bottom as the hardworking underdog.

I prefer Lyndsay over Whitney as well. I guess I prefer young adults to be girl next door vs sexy. Both of them have been in the bottom before and saved. I would even guess that Lyndsay's weaker performance last night was the deciding factor. Eliana might be the female winner....... until Audrey was eliminated, I was always getting her confused with Tiffany during the performances.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I missed a week ago and found out last night that Cole had been eliminated. I was sad about that.