Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 31

Thread: Sytycd - 2012

  1. #16
    Custom Title heyang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    3,210
    I was surprised by 1 of the bottom 2 guys tonight, but happy about who was saved.

    For me, the remaining 4 ladies are 'even'. Until tonight, 1 of them didn't stand out much, 1 was judges' favorite, and the other 2 were pleasant.

    Tonight was a pretty good performance night iMHO.

  2. #17
    Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    16,696
    Quote Originally Posted by heyang View Post
    I was surprised by 1 of the bottom 2 guys tonight, but happy about who was saved.
    I was very happy that Cole was saved. I was shocked that Will & Cole were in the bottom 2.

    I loved Will ....he is one of the people in this world that is so apprecitive of his gift of dance. You can tell how much he loves it. There are people that are gifted but they are not appreciative...they want as Nigel said....look at me...look how great I am. That wasn't Will or Cole...they work at their gift. I feel that Lindsey worked really hard while Whitney struts her body....I wished the judes had saved Lindsey instead.

  3. #18
    and... World Peace! Tonichelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Kenai, AK
    Posts
    18,666
    I agree, they saved the wrong girl. It's obvious the judges see something America doesn't - how many times has she been in the bottom 3?

  4. #19
    Custom Title heyang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    3,210
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707 View Post
    I was very happy that Cole was saved. I was shocked that Will & Cole were in the bottom 2.

    I loved Will ....he is one of the people in this world that is so apprecitive of his gift of dance. You can tell how much he loves it. There are people that are gifted but they are not appreciative...they want as Nigel said....look at me...look how great I am. That wasn't Will or Cole...they work at their gift. I feel that Lindsey worked really hard while Whitney struts her body....I wished the judes had saved Lindsey instead.
    I was shocked that Cole was in the bottom 2. I thought Chehon would be there instead of Cole because Chehon's been in the bottom before. For me, Cole and Cyrus have the most charisma of the guys. Until last night, I really didn't remember Will - his personality was much more on display most recent episode. I definitely don't think that Cyrus is the best dancer - far from it- but he's a likeable personality and he has learned a lot and I think that's why he's not in the bottom as the hardworking underdog.

    I prefer Lyndsay over Whitney as well. I guess I prefer young adults to be girl next door vs sexy. Both of them have been in the bottom before and saved. I would even guess that Lyndsay's weaker performance last night was the deciding factor. Eliana might be the female winner....... until Audrey was eliminated, I was always getting her confused with Tiffany during the performances.

  5. #20
    Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    16,696
    I missed a week ago and found out last night that Cole had been eliminated. I was sad about that.

  6. #21
    and... World Peace! Tonichelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Kenai, AK
    Posts
    18,666
    didn't realize they moved it over to Tuesday night... missed it last night. UGH.

  7. #22
    Custom Title heyang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    3,210
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    didn't realize they moved it over to Tuesday night... missed it last night. UGH.
    The finale is also on Tuesday night.

    There were some really good performances last night and each of the 4 danced 5x each. All-Stars included Twitch, Allyson, Will and Alex.

    Overall, I think Eliana will take the ladies title. Tiffany is a good dancer, but she was kinda invisible for part of the competition.

    Chehon vs Cyrus. Chehon should win..... just don't know who strong Cyrus's fan base is. Cyrus has definitely improved a lot, but he's definitely not as good a dancer compared to Chehon. However title is 'favorite' not best dancer.....

  8. #23
    Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    16,696
    Quote Originally Posted by heyang View Post
    Chehon vs Cyrus. Chehon should win..... just don't know who strong Cyrus's fan base is. Cyrus has definitely improved a lot, but he's definitely not as good a dancer compared to Chehon. However title is 'favorite' not best dancer.....
    I hope that Chehon or Elaina win. I don't think it would be right that Cyrus take the title. I like him and I think he has improved and I think he's a super person....but...........the others have spent time and money and there should be some rules for the technical side. I just don't think it would be fair but that's just my opinion if Cyrus won.

  9. #24
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    293
    Eliana is amazing..........watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stosyuLXN6c. She never really got a chance to show what she can REALLY do and this is incredible.

  10. #25
    Custom Title heyang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    3,210
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707 View Post
    I hope that Chehon or Elaina win. I don't think it would be right that Cyrus take the title. I like him and I think he has improved and I think he's a super person....but...........the others have spent time and money and there should be some rules for the technical side. I just don't think it would be fair but that's just my opinion if Cyrus won.
    It is favorite dancer. Fortunately, a lot of dancers do watch the show and vote.

    In my mind, Cyrus has stood out much more than Tiffany as far as performance (not technique) and that counts a lot, too.

    What a find unusual is that 2 ballet dancers have made it to the finals.


    Two winners this season - 1 male and 1 female. If there was just going to be 1 winner, I'd pick Eliana.

  11. #26
    Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    16,696
    I'm happy with the winners, are you????

  12. #27
    Custom Title heyang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    3,210
    I'm happy about Eliana. As for the guys, I'm glad Chehon won over Cyrus, but I realy wanted Cole to win the guy's title.

    Forgot to mention that it was awesome to see Benji Schwimmer dancing a couple of weeks ago. He's bulked up over the years, but still dances wonderfully. I hope they bring him back again to either dance or choreograph.

  13. #28
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,495
    No! Benji danced? And I missed it? Rats! He was my favorite of all the winners. I'll hunt and see if it's on YouTube. Benji is brilliant. I think only his height has kept him from being hired as a partner on Dancing with the Stars. They've successfully brought over a few SYTYCD dancers: Chelsie Hightower, Dmitri Chaplin, and of course Benji's sister Lacey. Benji has danced at least once as a guest on DWTS.


    Edited to add: I think I found it! Is this it?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwevAvJOoiE

    Wow, this guy is just living electricity. And listen to how warmly all the judges (and Cat Deeley) welcomed him and praised his dancing. Nigel Lythgoe is great at calling attention to dancers' strengths, but his enthusiasm was even greater because it was Benji. I think in terms of dancing, I feel about Benji the way I feel about Kurt Browning in skating. They both have such charm and charisma but also such command of their technique--and such versatility.
    Last edited by Olympia; 09-20-2012 at 07:47 PM.

  14. #29
    Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    16,696
    Quote Originally Posted by heyang View Post
    but I realy wanted Cole to win the guy's title.
    Me too!!!

  15. #30
    Just an average girl
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    361
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Benji is brilliant. I think only his height has kept him from being hired as a partner on Dancing with the Stars. They've successfully brought over a few SYTYCD dancers: Chelsie Hightower, Dmitri Chaplin, and of course Benji's sister Lacey. Benji has danced at least once as a guest on DWTS.
    Benji is a swing dancer. Chelsie, Dmitri and Lacey were all Latin dancers with knowledge of standard ballroom as well. Lacey also competed in swing dancing, but her Latin background was just as extensive. Benji didn't have enough expertise in ballroom and Latin to be a pro on DWTS.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •