Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Aly Rasiman floor ex

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Bona Fide Member skateluvr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,069

    0 Not allowed!

    Aly Rasiman floor ex

    It seems that Ali chose Hava Na gila music in honor of the Israeli team that died in Munich in 1972. She was Jewish and wanted to express that. She is geting lots of press here and will gets a heros welcome after the 5 do a lot of visits.

  2. #2
    Trixie Schuba's biggest fan! blue dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    2,130

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by skateluvr View Post
    It seems that Ali chose Hava Na gila music in honor of the Israeli team that died in Munich in 1972. She was Jewish and wanted to express that. She is geting lots of press here and will gets a heros welcome after the 5 do a lot of visits.
    Oh wow that's wonderful! Most often, NBC, BBC, and the others (along with interviews with Aly herself) have said she was doing it to salute her Jewish roots (she's had that FX for two years now). I'm glad she's changed it to be a tribute to Munich.

    I've always loved it when skaters and gymnasts say something with their programs or routines. It lets me know that they do more than just do gymnastics, or skate.

  3. #3
    Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,953

    0 Not allowed!

  4. #4
    Bona Fide Member skateluvr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,069

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by blue dog View Post
    Oh wow that's wonderful! Most often, NBC, BBC, and the others (along with interviews with Aly herself) have said she was doing it to salute her Jewish roots (she's had that FX for two years now). I'm glad she's changed it to be a tribute to Munich.

    I've always loved it when skaters and gymnasts say something with their programs or routines. It lets me know that they do more than just do gymnastics, or skate.
    The interview I heard made it seem it was always a tribute using the music. How can the IOC stop anyone from offering a performance to anyone? And why hasn't the IOC done a tribute llong ago about the Munich murders? I have no clue why'd they be against it.

  5. #5
    Gotta Have Music iluvtodd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    11,396
    Country: United States of America

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by skateluvr View Post
    The interview I heard made it seem it was always a tribute using the music. How can the IOC stop anyone from offering a performance to anyone? And why hasn't the IOC done a tribute long ago about the Munich murders? I have no clue why'd they be against it.
    I that Aly did this, and am incensed with the IOC on their lack of sensitivity re: the Israeli atheletes in Munich.

  6. #6
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,486

    0 Not allowed!
    Agreed. A snide voice inside me tempts me to believe the IOC just didn't realize that Hava Nagila was an Israeli song, or they'd have asked her to do something else. Good for Aly.

    And she won with it! Two golds!
    Last edited by Olympia; 08-16-2012 at 08:30 AM.

  7. #7
    Bona Fide Member skateluvr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,069

    0 Not allowed!
    I truly believe God's hand was on Aly they day she blew the roof off with Hava Nagila. In the old testament, The lord has said "he who blesses Israel, I will bless" and she came home with the most medals when Weiber was more expected. Aly is back in her home gym and will be covered in little gymnasts! Seriously, why was there not a memeorial years ago? Was there some fear of attracting more terrorists. I do not see why they would be against this. Rogge is a strange fellow.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •