Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Salt Lake City Senior B (Int'l Figure Skating Classic)

Custom Title
    Congrats to Chock and Bates! I can't wait to see videos from this! It looks like this is a new personal best for Chock and Bates by 8.98 point. They have got to be really happy with that. (previous PB was 53.91 at Finlandia) I'll be interested to see if these scores seem at all inflated to others but either way what a great score for them.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by samson View Post
    Congrats to Chock and Bates! I can't wait to see videos from this! It looks like this is a new personal best for Chock and Bates by 8.98 point. They have got to be really happy with that. (previous PB was 53.91 at Finlandia) I'll be interested to see if these scores seem at all inflated to others but either way what a great score for them.
    They do seem inflated , over 60 for a middle ranked team is but With these new minimun scores needed to be reached, I wouldnt be surprised the scores this year will be all round higher.

Gambatte, Max Aaron/"No letting off the gas pedal" golden411's Avatar

Official results with links to protocols

Official results with links to protocols are posted here:
    http://www.usfigureskating.org/leade...1/results.html
    Last edited by golden411; 09-13-2012 at 05:47 PM.

Cross-posting from Salt Lake Senior B competition thread:

Official results with links to protocols are posted here:

Custom Title
    Nathan Chen, at his first JGP outing, scored higher (75.13) than the Salt Lake City Senior B top scorer, Max Aaron (74.69) .

Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    IN also is posting photos from SLC:
    - Backstage gallery (only five photos so far; #3 is Shpilband + Judy Blumberg in K and C with novice dancers)
    [INDENT]http://web.icenetwork.com/photos/gal...nt_id=38362460 [INDENT]
    The backstage gallery now has 13 photos.
    My favorite is the first one, which shows a cluster of eleven skaters (incl. P/B, W/P, Hubbell, Abbott, Balde) back home at the Detroit Skating Club absolutely glued to a single laptop screen to watch the SLC Short Dance.
    [BTW, the Shpilband photo mentioned above now is #4, plus Klimova and he are in #11 with Chock/Bates.]

Custom Title
    Interesting that Chock and Bates are so far ahead and either Paul and Islam have improved a lot or Gilles and Poirier skated poorly. The US men are dominating and Canada looks to be in trouble with Jeremy Ten. I think Canada was looking to see if Jeremy would have a break through but he still underperforms - inconsistent triple axel (not really there) and only tried a triple loop not the flip and still got a deduction all while underperforming artistically. Yes, it is early but one would think Jeremy would have been hungry after last year. Canada had better hope Reynolds makes some huge in roads or they can say good bye to 3 men - which is logical as the US were horrible at worlds last year and that will not happen again.

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    Hmmm..I wish I could have seen this.. It was somewhat reassuring that P/I and G/P were marked so closely ( unlike at Canadians last year )..until I looked at the protocols.. and realized that P/I's technical mark was second only to C/B , and in the polka ( which had been my worry for them )they hit the same number of key points as both C/B and G/P and had no timing infractions .. their step sequence was a level higher, than G/P and they had a higher GOE on their twizzles and rotational lift .... and yet in the interpretation / timing section of the PCS, ( and in fact, in all of the PCS ) G/P were given the advantage.. I have yet to see G/P's SD..but I must say having seen both couples FDs and their performances at last year's Canadians..I'm a tad dubious .

I think the FD should be very interesting ...

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    P&I had the disadvantage of going first, in the first warm up group. They may do better in the FD.

Also, The French Waltz to Foule & Polka to Milord to Piaf really doesn't give them the opportunity to get the bounciness & perk that the Yankee Polka is supposed to have. While the waltz was lovely, the polka kind of fell flat.
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 09-14-2012 at 01:34 AM.

Since USFS protocols are a pain:

As to G&P, Paul had a stumble early in the step sequence, leading to a low tech score.

From the protocols (you have to hit the + sign to open them up) Tech scores were

Chock / Bates TES 32.33 PCS 30.56 Total 62.89
    Kriengkrairut / Giuletti Schmitt TES 29.17 PCS 27.32 Total 56.49
    Gilles / Poirier TES 29.33 PCS 26.65 Total 55.98
    Paul / Islam TES 30.83 PCS 25.03 Total 55.86
    Heekin/Canedy / Dun TES 23.16 PCS 25.98 Total 49.14
    Jones/Sharpe TES 24.16 PCS 20.01 Total 43.17
    O'Brien/Merriman TES 21.83 PCS 21.14 Total 42.97
    Cannuscio / McManus TES 20.17 PCS 21.93 Total 42.10
    Plutowska / Gerber TES 22.67 PCS 19.32 Total 41.99

The top four teams made the TES requirement for the SD for Worlds, Europeans & Four Continents (29.00 points)
    All the teams made the TES requirement for the SD for Europeans & Four Continents (19.00 points) & Junior Worlds (17.00 points)
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 09-14-2012 at 01:59 AM.

As to G&P, Paul had a stumble early in the step sequence, giving them only level 2 on the midline step. It wasn't a great outing for them. They looked a bit nervous, perhaps to be expected for their international debut.

From the protocols (you have to hit the + sign to open them up) Tech scores were

Chock / Bates TES 32.33 PCS 30.56 Total 62.89
    Kriengkrairut / Giuletti Schmitt TES 29.17 PCS 27.32 Total 56.49
    Gilles / Poirier TES 29.33 PCS 26.65 Total 55.98
    Paul / Islam TES 30.83 PCS 25.03 Total 55.86

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    Thanks doris... It is reassuring that an international panel seems to have a bit more common sense than the panel at last year's Nationals..and if these scores are inflated , it's probably across the board..between the FDs these two couples showed at Thornhill..I think P/I's is a much better , more balanced program , so I'll be interested to see what this panel thinks.

BTW, Icenetwork has the KnC wired and you could hear the people talking there. Gilles & Poirier mentioned the stumble, but were happy the final lift worked (apparently they had had difficulties with it earlier). They seemed overall satisfied with their score.

However, while Madison Chock takes the cake for bad dress of the year (at least in earlier voting) she has the excuse that it is a circus program.

Piper Gilles' Mary Poppins in a Bo Peep skirt with a tango corset is well up there, though.

Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    From the protocols (you have to hit the + sign to open them up) Tech scores were ...
    Doris, not sure whether you realize the following:

If you do not want to bother clicking on a separate "+" sign for each skater or team to see protocols one by one, then click on the link at the top for "Judge detail scores".
    That link will take you to one long listing with almost all of the same protocol information for all skaters/teams strung together.

Example: if you are on the SD results page -- http://www.usfigureskating.org/leade...004SEG009.html -- then click on "Judge detail scores" at the top to take you to http://www.usfigureskating.org/leade...1/SEGM009.html.
    Last edited by golden411; 09-14-2012 at 05:05 AM.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast