Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Salt Lake City Senior B (Int'l Figure Skating Classic)

Custom Title
    Dunno, but they were credited for eight elements.

Gambatte, Max Aaron/"No letting off the gas pedal" golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Ouch! What happened to Chock and Bates in the free dance?

The protocols listed three planned elements as "element not found" -- yet they performed something in that spot and got credit for it. Did they abandon their choreography and just start ad-libbing?
    To see Chock/Bates Salt Lake FD elements, see the excerpt below -- or better yet, the original version at:
    http://www.usfigureskating.org/leade...1/SEGM008.html [Scroll down to find them there.]
    (Formatting below is garbled because of copying and pasting -- sorry.)

5 Madison CHOCK / Evan BATES USA 76.95 35.43 42.52 1.00
    # Executed
    Elements Base
    Value GOE J1 J2 J3 J4 J5 J6 J7 J8 J9 Panel
    Scores
    1 CuLi2 2.50 0.00 0 0 0 0 0 2.50
    2 STw3 5.00 0.83 1 2 2 1 2 5.83
    3 CiSt2 5.00 0.67 1 0 0 1 1 5.67
    4 CoSp4 5.00 0.50 1 1 1 1 1 5.50
    5 SeLi4 8.00 0.33 0 0 1 0 1 8.33
    6 RoLi3 3.50 0.00 -2 1 0 0 0 3.50
    7 DiSt2 5.00 -1.00 -1 0 -2 -1 -1 4.00
    8 ChLi1 0.20 -0.10 -2 -2 -2 -1 -1 0.10
    Total BV: 34.20 Total elm. score: 35.43

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    OK, Wha hoppen ?...Anybody know yet ?

ETA; Oops ! cross posting.

Custom Title
    Evan had two significant breaks at the end of the program. One was a stumble at the end of a step sequence. The other was a near fall at the end of a lift where he was on one foot with some of her weight on the lifted free foot. He didn't fall but they were very noticeable. Both were balance issues.

Spilband was there with Klimova as the other coach. I hadn't heard she was working with him. Maybe I missed it before. I was surprised to see Spilband comforting Evan after the program. It's an aspect of Igor I haven't seen before.

I thought the Dance results were accurate.

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    I think the Klimova arrangement is part time , like Fusar-Poli ( if I'm not mistaken ) .. So , a rough break for C/B then , since they're obviously capable of better than that.

Happy for P/I ..obviously on their way back from a disasterous year .. and pleased that the point differentiation between them and G/P is , at least on paper , rational ( not the case at last year's Nationals ).

Nice result for Lynn and Logan, too . I'm not always a fan of their music choices , but very much a fan of their skating.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CARA View Post
    Nathan Chen, at his first JGP outing, scored higher (75.13) than the Salt Lake City Senior B top scorer, Max Aaron (74.69) .
    That is because of his spins. Chen got all level 4's for his 3 spins, Aaron 2 and 3 and despite landng a uad, while Chen didn't, he still scored 3 points lower in TES.

Custom Title
    Hi,
    Does anyone know if we will be able to see the competition somewhere else than on icenetwork? Because I can't watch it since I'm not a US resident.. even if it is not live.
    Thanks

Gambatte, Max Aaron/"No letting off the gas pedal" golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by colleen o'neill View Post
    Happy for P/I ..obviously on their way back from a disasterous year .. and pleased that the point differentiation between them and G/P is , at least on paper , rational ( not the case at last year's Nationals ).
    Mitch Islam ‏@mitchislam
    happy birthday @alexandrapaul_ !!
    7:02 AM - 16 Sep 12

A weekend of celebration for Paul/Islam: their Salt Lake silver medal yesterday + her 21st birthday today.

Custom Title
    Great job by Max Aaron, to win and defeat both Ross Miner and Armin who were 3rd and 4th last year at US Nationals. If he skates like he did here and eventually works also on his spins, he could be a threat at the US nationals. There are still only a handful skaters who can land both quad and the rest of the program to be delivered mostly flawless.

Congratulations to Agnes on winning the Ladies event.

Gracie won the LP but Agnes won overall by a point.

Amelie finished 10 points behind in 3rd.

Results are up at icenetwork

http://www.usfigureskating.org/leade...1/results.html

skating philosopher
    Ah that 2F-2T combo ultimately cost Gold the win. Nice comeback in the FS with the two 3-3 combos. Too bad about the mistakes at the end. But I'm not too worried -- she seems ready to go home and get back to work.

Congrats to Agnes for keeping it together -- I agree with Krall that she should be proud for not melting down as she did in the past. Hoping to see more of this fight this season.

Custom Title
    Yeah i don't get that feeling that i get with Mirai for instance when Gracie makes a mistake. She keeps skating and fighting and seems to be stronger then Alissa also mentally. She seems to have improved her skating skills and is much better at presenting her programs now. She seemed to get in a bit of trouble in the second half by thinking to much. But she's a quick learner. This was a good experience for her before she starts the GP season.

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Yeah i don't get that feeling that i get with Mirai for instance when Gracie makes a mistake. She keeps skating and fighting and seems to be stronger then Alissa also mentally. She seems to have improved her skating skills and is much better at presenting her programs now. She seemed to get in a bit of trouble in the second half by thinking to much. But she's a quick learner. This was a good experience for her before she starts the GP season.
    I was impressed that she allowed herself about two minutes to be upset then by the time she got to the K&C she immediately went into feedback mode. And not super over analytical. She just simply went over what she thought went wrong.

Custom Title
    Exactly. Mirai would have been devastated in the K&C and basically a mess. Gracie seems to shrug it off and tries to find what went wrong. She doesn't seem overly emotional. If she ever skates a clean LP she will get a huge score. I look at this season for Gracie as one where she gets the experience she needs and improves her overall skating. If she doesn't make it too Worlds this year it's not the end of the world. Next year she will be a force to be reckoned with and that is the time to peak with next season being the Olympic year.
    Last edited by Jammers; 09-16-2012 at 07:22 PM.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast