Football - does anyone else watch it? | Golden Skate

Football - does anyone else watch it?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I know it's normally an ugly word amongst skating fans, but does anyone else enjoy watching football? (American, not football/soccer)

heyang

Record Breaker
I'm annoyed that The Amazing Race will likely be delayed regularly be the change in the broadcast schedule of Sunday afternoon football. It'll likely be delay by an hour or more.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Many of us may be captive football watchers, who have significant others who watch football :) That would be me. My younger son is a huge fan of the Patriots and his fantasy football game, and his dad is a moderate football fan, especially of the NY Giants.

Thank goodness, none of them are as big fans as my nephew and his wife are of baseball. The whole house is decorated in Boston Red Sox memorabilia, autographed baseballs & so forth.

My favorite team sport is probably hockey. I can stand to watch football though.

I am not a football person. Never will be. But I'm glad that any of you who are fans are coming up on your season. Enjoy!

I wish I were a fan. How nice to have a sport that's on TV all the time. You football fans are never hungry the way we all are for skating coverage.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
no, you can never get enough of your sport... and unless you pay for an extra sports package, you don't always get to see your team on TV.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Football should be eliminated at the public HS level. Private schools and colleges can do as they please. It is a very dangerous sport and the number of head injuries at every level is big and not counted. The team sports that are huge franchises glue people to the TV. In terms of venting aggression, football is good as it is vicarious violence. FS is sport and art and very few do it well. It is a shame our culture promotes violent sports/video games over cultural pursuits. imho.

heyang

Record Breaker
I am not a football person. Never will be. But I'm glad that any of you who are fans are coming up on your season. Enjoy!

I wish I were a fan. How nice to have a sport that's on TV all the time. You football fans are never hungry the way we all are for skating coverage.

Depends on your market. Most only play 'local' games; so, if you're a fan of a remote team, you have to buy an NFL package to ensure being able to watch all of your team's games. My co-worker's husband has the NFL Experience package and he puts multiple tv's side-by-side so he can watch all of the games simultaneouslyl

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Depends on your market. Most only play 'local' games; so, if you're a fan of a remote team, you have to buy an NFL package to ensure being able to watch all of your team's games. My co-worker's husband has the NFL Experience package and he puts multiple tv's side-by-side so he can watch all of the games simultaneouslyl

yup, it sucks that I'm at the mercy of what the local affiliates decide to show. They used to be all about the Niners up here, not so much anymore... we always miss the best games! :mad: I hate it!