Russian National Team Skating Trials | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Russian National Team Skating Trials

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I'm sorry for you, plushyfan, but I don't like this! :no: First of all, it's a saint-sens mix of Introduction and Rondo capriccioso and The Swan, not Romeo&Juliet, but the choreography... :disagree::bang: The step sequence and the Choreo Sequence are quite good, energetic and difficult, but the first 1:30... No transitions excpet arm movements, it looks like he doesn't care at all about the music, I thought "maybe there is a mistake, and this is not the right music" because the first half of the program is 100% disconnetted with it... And the costume :disapp:, I really hope he's going to change it... But, as always, his jumps look great!

babayaga

On the Ice
Wow, Tatiana looks strikingly gorgeous in that dress!

The music or the choreo do nothing for me, though...:disapp: Do they (or Nikolai) really believe they can beat S/S with that rather 'empty' SP??? :confused: Personally I would much prefer last season's SP. That one might be empty as well, but it was so cool at least.

I agree with you - besides stunning looking Tatiana and clean strong elements, the program is not interesting. I didn't like it at all. Also, there is something about Trankov that irritates me :scratch:

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
His Quad Salchow attempt was perfectly rotated. Wonder if he'll ever be able to land it perfectly in competition. As for the program, it seems maybe he is telling the story of Romeo&Juliet with different pieces of music? I saw the story in there.

babayaga

On the Ice
I'm sorry for you, plushyfan, but I don't like this! :no: First of all, it's a saint-sens mix of Introduction and Rondo capriccioso and The Swan, not Romeo&Juliet, but the choreography... :disagree::bang: The step sequence and the Choreo Sequence are quite good, energetic and difficult, but the first 1:30... No transitions excpet arm movements, it looks like he doesn't care at all about the music, I thought "maybe there is a mistake, and this is not the right music" because the first half of the program is 100% disconnetted with it... And the costume :disapp:, I really hope he's going to change it... But, as always, his jumps look great!

I want to believe this is not the actual program, but more of an initial draft. I hope he knows this cannot be considered as a real program and transitions and choreography will be added later. The jumps are impressive, but otherwise there is nothing to talk about indeed.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Wow, Tatiana looks strikingly gorgeous in that dress!

The music or the choreo do nothing for me, though...:disapp: Do they (or Nikolai) really believe they can beat S/S with that rather 'empty' SP??? :confused: Personally I would much prefer last season's SP. That one might be empty as well, but it was so cool at least.

wasn't that the same criticsm they got last season's SP ? tehye did almost beat them by a few points last season
I don't think it matters that much their advantage they have chemistry and real passion compared to S/S who lack it and skates a bit robotic

janetfan

Match Penalty
wasn't that the same criticsm they got last season's SP ? tehye did almost beat them by a few points last season
I don't think it matters that much their advantage they have chemistry and real passion compared to S/S who lack it and skates a bit robotic

S/S robotic?? :eek:

Geez, I think it is the opposite and Russian teams - whether Pairs or Dance are living in the past.
Faux romance is all the Russians have ever shown - again and again...zzzzzzzzzz.... and in the 21st century the whole concept is dated.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
sky_fly20 said:

What the... :bang:
Just because Robin doesn't spend time that could be used for actual choreo with his hands all over Aljona instead, doesn't mean they have no passion. They are obviously caring a lot about they're choreo and performance. There are enough pairs who can't do anything but the same old lovey-dovey stuff, S/S really don't need to take that route too.
And of course V/Ts SP last season got the same criticsm - it was as empty as that one is. Tatiana really looks beautiful though.

Anyway... the user that posted Plushy has Artur too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zr1jUreH2v8&feature=plcp
I like that program so much! Some mistakes on the jumps, but I like the overall performance :)

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary

No matter! We can't know what will be his new program. :)

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
S/S robotic?? :eek:

Geez, I think it is the opposite and Russian teams - whether Pairs or Dance are living in the past.
Faux romance is all the Russians have ever shown - again and again...zzzzzzzzzz.... and in the 21st century the whole concept is dated.

maybe some Maxim has even said that its with the current COP that Pairs has lost much of its artistry, but I find Elena/Nikita , Tatiana/Maxim do have real passion
I just see it in their skating in V/T that they really pour their heart out and have something chmesitry from both
something that detaches me from S/S, I think Robin isn't expressive at all.

Last edited:

janetfan

Match Penalty
some maybe but I find Elena/Nikita , Tatiana/Maxim do have real passion
I just see it in their skating in V/T that they really pour their heart out and have something chmesitry from both
something that detaches me from S/S, I think Robin isn't expressive at all.

I suspect S/S are far too original for what you are used to seeing.
Let's face it...all Russian teams are based on the same concept for half a century now...."we can skate and we are in love."zzzzzzzzzz

More open cultures can imagine creativity going in more than one theme and direction.

But if you live to only see ice skating teams "in love"...then no doubt the Russian teams will be best for you.

Others may see things through a wider spectrum.

The Duchesnays showed everybody the possibilities decades ago....and most of the world eventually got it.....

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker

:laugh: …like a mockery of swanlike performances.

As good as always on triple jumps and a good quad salchow try :clap:

Anyway he can do whatever he wants here. In real competitions it will be a different story ;)

Anyway... the user that posted Plushy has Artur too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zr1jUreH2v8&feature=plcp
I like that program so much! Some mistakes on the jumps, but I like the overall performance :)

Me too. I like the way he moves and that he wants to develop his choreography and performance bits. Hope he can keep his jumping abilities as well.

babayaga

On the Ice
Is this a different performance? Some of the stuff looks slightly different.

Right, that's from today's test skates, the first video was from a small local competition. This performance also looks different because is was recorded from a different angle, from the judges side.