Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Russian National Team Skating Trials

Test skates for Sept 15-16
    Plushenko, Sotnikova, Bazarova/Larionov, Volosozhar/Trankov, Davankova/Deputat, Bobrova/Soloviev and few others

Davankova/Deputat SP test skates
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlB1v...1&feature=plcp

Russian national team after Test Skating: http://twitpic.com/auvax9 http://twitpic.com/auvazo

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by plushyfan View Post
    Wow, Tatiana looks strikingly gorgeous in that dress!

The music or the choreo do nothing for me, though... Do they (or Nikolai) really believe they can beat S/S with that rather 'empty' SP??? Personally I would much prefer last season's SP. That one might be empty as well, but it was so cool at least.

Quote Originally Posted by plushyfan View Post
    I'm sorry for you, plushyfan, but I don't like this! First of all, it's a saint-sens mix of Introduction and Rondo capriccioso and The Swan, not Romeo&Juliet, but the choreography... The step sequence and the Choreo Sequence are quite good, energetic and difficult, but the first 1:30... No transitions excpet arm movements, it looks like he doesn't care at all about the music, I thought "maybe there is a mistake, and this is not the right music" because the first half of the program is 100% disconnetted with it... And the costume , I really hope he's going to change it... But, as always, his jumps look great!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by deedee1 View Post

The music or the choreo do nothing for me, though... Do they (or Nikolai) really believe they can beat S/S with that rather 'empty' SP??? Personally I would much prefer last season's SP. That one might be empty as well, but it was so cool at least.
    I agree with you - besides stunning looking Tatiana and clean strong elements, the program is not interesting. I didn't like it at all. Also, there is something about Trankov that irritates me

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    His Quad Salchow attempt was perfectly rotated. Wonder if he'll ever be able to land it perfectly in competition. As for the program, it seems maybe he is telling the story of Romeo&Juliet with different pieces of music? I saw the story in there.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    I'm sorry for you, plushyfan, but I don't like this! First of all, it's a saint-sens mix of Introduction and Rondo capriccioso and The Swan, not Romeo&Juliet, but the choreography... The step sequence and the Choreo Sequence are quite good, energetic and difficult, but the first 1:30... No transitions excpet arm movements, it looks like he doesn't care at all about the music, I thought "maybe there is a mistake, and this is not the right music" because the first half of the program is 100% disconnetted with it... And the costume , I really hope he's going to change it... But, as always, his jumps look great!
    I want to believe this is not the actual program, but more of an initial draft. I hope he knows this cannot be considered as a real program and transitions and choreography will be added later. The jumps are impressive, but otherwise there is nothing to talk about indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by deedee1 View Post

wasn't that the same criticsm they got last season's SP ? tehye did almost beat them by a few points last season
    I don't think it matters that much their advantage they have chemistry and real passion compared to S/S who lack it and skates a bit robotic

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    wasn't that the same criticsm they got last season's SP ? tehye did almost beat them by a few points last season
    I don't think it matters that much their advantage they have chemistry and real passion compared to S/S who lack it and skates a bit robotic
    S/S robotic??

Geez, I think it is the opposite and Russian teams - whether Pairs or Dance are living in the past.
    Faux romance is all the Russians have ever shown - again and again...zzzzzzzzzz.... and in the 21st century the whole concept is dated.

Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20
    What the...
    Just because Robin doesn't spend time that could be used for actual choreo with his hands all over Aljona instead, doesn't mean they have no passion. They are obviously caring a lot about they're choreo and performance. There are enough pairs who can't do anything but the same old lovey-dovey stuff, S/S really don't need to take that route too.
    And of course V/Ts SP last season got the same criticsm - it was as empty as that one is. Tatiana really looks beautiful though.

Anyway... the user that posted Plushy has Artur too.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zr1jUreH2v8&feature=plcp
    I like that program so much! Some mistakes on the jumps, but I like the overall performance

Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    No matter! We can't know what will be his new program.

Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    S/S robotic??

Geez, I think it is the opposite and Russian teams - whether Pairs or Dance are living in the past.
    Faux romance is all the Russians have ever shown - again and again...zzzzzzzzzz.... and in the 21st century the whole concept is dated.
    maybe some Maxim has even said that its with the current COP that Pairs has lost much of its artistry, but I find Elena/Nikita , Tatiana/Maxim do have real passion
    I just see it in their skating in V/T that they really pour their heart out and have something chmesitry from both
    something that detaches me from S/S, I think Robin isn't expressive at all.
    Last edited by sky_fly20; 09-15-2012 at 01:10 PM.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast