Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Russian National Team Skating Trials

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    some maybe but I find Elena/Nikita , Tatiana/Maxim do have real passion
    I just see it in their skating in V/T that they really pour their heart out and have something chmesitry from both
    something that detaches me from S/S, I think Robin isn't expressive at all.
    I suspect S/S are far too original for what you are used to seeing.
    Let's face it...all Russian teams are based on the same concept for half a century now...."we can skate and we are in love."zzzzzzzzzz

More open cultures can imagine creativity going in more than one theme and direction.

But if you live to only see ice skating teams "in love"...then no doubt the Russian teams will be best for you.

Others may see things through a wider spectrum.

The Duchesnays showed everybody the possibilities decades ago....and most of the world eventually got it.....

Quote Originally Posted by plushyfan View Post
    Is this a different performance? Some of the stuff looks slightly different.

Quote Originally Posted by plushyfan View Post
    …like a mockery of swanlike performances.

As good as always on triple jumps and a good quad salchow try

Anyway he can do whatever he wants here. In real competitions it will be a different story

Quote Originally Posted by Li'Kitsu View Post
    Anyway... the user that posted Plushy has Artur too.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zr1jUreH2v8&feature=plcp
    I like that program so much! Some mistakes on the jumps, but I like the overall performance
    Me too. I like the way he moves and that he wants to develop his choreography and performance bits. Hope he can keep his jumping abilities as well.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Is this a different performance? Some of the stuff looks slightly different.
    Right, that's from today's test skates, the first video was from a small local competition. This performance also looks different because is was recorded from a different angle, from the judges side.

Quote Originally Posted by babayaga View Post
    Right, that's from today's test skates, the first video was from a small local competition. This performance also looks different because is was recorded from a different angle, from the judges side.
    I hope they bring back her donut position instead of the first camel one she does.
    http://youtu.be/veiyWu9onzE?t=3m11s
    This one

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    Let's face it...all Russian teams are based on the same concept for half a century now...."we can skate and we are in love."zzzzzzzzzz

More open cultures can imagine creativity going in more than one theme and direction.

But if you live to only see ice skating teams "in love"...then no doubt the Russian teams will be best for you.

The Duchesnays showed everybody the possibilities decades ago....and most of the world eventually got it.....
    I'm not saying I like all of them, for me just from the current pairs, V/T have an exceptional connection to each other
    Last edited by sky_fly20; 09-15-2012 at 02:19 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post

It appears that the main purpose of this post is to insult. While purporting to discuss sky_fly20's preferences in presentation, janetfan speaks in inane generalities and ad hominem attacks. Most programs of Stolbova/Klimov, Ilushechkina/Maisuradze, and last year's short program of V/T, to name a few, give the lie to Soviet-like uniformity among current Russian pairs.

Custom Title
    It appears that the main purpose of this post is to insult. While purporting to discuss sky_fly20's preferences in presentation, janetfan speaks in inane generalities and ad hominem attacks. Most programs of Stolbova/Klimov, Ilushechkina/Maisuradze, and last year's short program of V/T, to name a few, give the lie to Soviet-like uniformity among current Russian pairs.
    Don't worry about janetfan; if you read this forum, you will notice that she is a bit anti-Russian, but there is no need to take her seriously.

No, my intention was to express my views as I see them.

I don't see any Russian Pairs teams - or other Pairs teams for that matter - as creative as S/S.

The fact that every second of every program by S/S is not devoted to showing "we can skate and are in love" makes me appreciate them even more.

Creativity I fear is wasted on some......
    Last edited by janetfan; 09-15-2012 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    Don't worry about janetfan; if you read this forum, you will notice that she is a bit anti-Russian, but there is no need to take her seriously.
    Yes ...and that is why I make it clear Adelina is my favorite up and coming lady skater.

Hello.....

Custom Title
    Yes, janetfan, at the same time you couldn't resist to kick a 13 year old Radionova down. Gold is so brilliant, she skates so much better than Radionova...

Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    Speaking of Adelina, der LP is out too:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceDNc_1OAXs&feature=plcp

And I fear I'm one of the few people to actually kind of like this
    Really, it's far from being a masterpiece, but bad layout and music cuts and everything aside - Adelinas skating is still beautiful, and I think she makes it work. I like it more than her last years Liebestraum, and that step sequence at the end is fun... besides she looks more confident to me than she did last season. Maybe it's because she has grown up so much. Still thinking she will have a great season

Edit: ops, sky_fly was faster - sorry

Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    Yes, janetfan, at the same time you couldn't resist to kick a 13 year old Radionova down. Gold is so brilliant, she skates so much better than Radionova...
    Yes...that must be it. I could not resist "kicking" Ravionova.....

A simple comparison is all it was. Duh.....

Sorry if it was more than you could handle....
    Last edited by janetfan; 09-15-2012 at 03:13 PM.

Plush said in an interview today, that he has few options long and short programs.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast