Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Russian National Team Skating Trials

Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    I like Adelina's LP much better after seeing the new clip.

I agree that she "skates big" whether it is her jumps, bodyline and extensions and certainly her expression.

Hope she stays healthy and has a great season.
    One week ago this program was awful here

Quote Originally Posted by plushyfan View Post
    One week ago this program was awful here
    Many thought so, me included. But then it was pointd out that all we saw the first time was a practice run through.

Adelina skated it much better this time and it looks like we saw more choreo added....some of it subtle but enough to get a better idea of how this LP will look when it is polished and a costume added, etc.

Custom Title
    1. sky_fly20, the most innovative team currently out there is S/S. Robin's inexpressive? No, he's not. Look at his sense of impish play in Pink Panther. Look at how he conveys such powerful sadness in Pina during the spiral sequence. No, he's not over the top emo dramatic like V/T, but they certainly express themselves very well. And they actually have wall-to-wall choreography in their programs. I can understand being detached from their programs, mainly because they are so innovative (and why we see the same warhorses over and over again as opposed to genuine inspiration), though.

2. That stated, I do think V/T's programs do take a page from S/S/S' books, particular the long. The extended exits from the lifts. Attempting to do footwork before the triple twist (attempting at this point). More transitions (not at S/S' level, by any means, but they no longer should be scoring two or three points less there). The even if it's sparse, the SP is certainly quite hot. I'll withold judgement of the LP until it's done more cleanly, but even now I'd argue that these two programs are better than anything they've done before, but would probably rank outside S/S' top five. Also, have V/T's skating skills improved? Because they looked better in that department than I've seen before.

3. Stolbova/Klimov are, however, the Russian team doing some fantastic choreographic work. Love them, and they've improved over the off season. I really hope they can pip B/L for the third spot.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by deedee1 View Post
    Since when he went for 4S in the actual program?
    Oops! What I wanted to say was...
    "When was the last time Evgeni went for 4S in the actual program? In recent years, he went for either two 4T or just one 4T, right?"

My English is this bad! You see? Sorry.

And thanks everyone for letting me know his program at test skate wasn't Miyamoto's nor Camerlengo's. Who did the choreo, then? Anyone knows?

[QUOTE=deedee1;660181]Oops! What I wanted to say was...
    "When was the last time Evgeni went for 4S in the actual program? In recent years, he went for either two 4T or just one 4T, right?"

My English is this bad! You see? Sorry.
    I don't remember 4S from Plushy, at least not since 1998... Maybe he practiced it over the years, but it wasn't stable so they chose not to try it in competition but, now, they realized that "just" the 4T is not enough! I didn't like V/T, artistically nor technically, their elements are really not ready, with this kind of shape they would be surely behind S/S! The program... the music is good, but I think it doesn't suit them really well, they maybe wanted to try something different, we'll see what they can do with it! And, my English is as bad as yours!

Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deedee1
    No worries, my friend. I'm another one of that few people.
    Loved Adelina's LP. Yes, much MUCH better than last year's Liebestraum!
    But overall choreo (and her opening pose) somehow reminds me of Dai's Klook. Who did her choreo, Madame Tarasova?
    Glad to read that! It's as always nice to read your posts
    And I thought the same about the resemblence with Blues for Klook. Just going to show that Adelina has great taste
    Tarasova did the SP, as far as I know. And somewhere someone said the FS was done by someone else - but without any source, so I guess we just don't know by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Li'Kitsu View Post
    Glad to read that! It's as always nice to read your posts
    And I thought the same about the resemblence with Blues for Klook. Just going to show that Adelina has great taste
    Tarasova did the SP, as far as I know. And somewhere someone said the FS was done by someone else - but without any source, so I guess we just don't know by now.
    Tarasova wouldn't choreograph something for Adelina that it's not classical Just look at Adelina-TAT's programs: Strauss waltzes-introduction and rondo capriccioso-bolero-liebestraume-spanish capriccio... And then burlesque?! Almost Impossible!

Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT
    Tarasova wouldn't choreograph something for Adelina that it's not classical Just look at Adelina-TAT's programs: Strauss waltzes-introduction and rondo capriccioso-bolero-liebestraume-spanish capriccio... And then burlesque?! Almost Impossible!
    Sounds plausible!
    And I do like the thought of Adelina trying out other choreographers too.
    Did Tarasova still choreograph Adelinas Burlesque Ex she skated at the Ice?

Custom Title
    Does anybody know what the current situation is with Julia Lipnitskaya? Hope she has not been injured.

Quote Originally Posted by Mao88 View Post
    Does anybody know what the current situation is with Julia Lipnitskaya? Hope she has not been injured.
    I think, she is injured.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by ciocio View Post
    I've never heard of such a thing, not even rumours.
    Could you post a link to a source?
    I've read that Plushi said he disliked a program Myamoto made.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by plushyfan View Post
    I think, she is injured.
    She is scheduled to make her season debut at the Finlandia Trophy in early October, so hope she recovers in time. What type of injury problem has she had?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Test Skates Day 4

Volosozhar/Trankov LP their LP is a tribute to Japan in Sendai
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpljTe75gVg&feature=plcp[/url
    Isn't it the same music kanako murakami had last season for sp? Loved the lifts anyway

Quote Originally Posted by figureskate View Post
    Isn't it the same music kanako murakami had last season for sp? Loved the lifts anyway
    Yes it is, it's really a beautiful piece, I hope it'll become more popular within the next seasons...

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast