Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Results 46 to 60 of 60

Thread: What are the Greatest Moments of Ladies Figure Skating for you?

  1. #46
    Trixie Schuba's biggest fan! blue dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    2,080
    Tiffany Chin, 1984. Certainly one of the best non-medal-winning performances:

    http://youtu.be/rLAEGPYjEqM

    Denise Biellmann, 1980. 4th

    http://youtu.be/x1_QiK85KRg

  2. #47
    Banned janetfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    6,889
    Quote Originally Posted by blue dog View Post
    Tiffany Chin, 1984. Certainly one of the best non-medal-winning performances:

    http://youtu.be/rLAEGPYjEqM

    ]
    I agree and what a lovely skater Tiffany was.

  3. #48
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,055
    outside of michelle now, no one.
    i know you cheated for the skaters you wanted up there, didn't want and help push michelle so now don't care. keep your skating family /viewing public small. that is what you want. keep it that way in the u.s.
    don't beg, ask for the public input help in shows, tours, competition, buying things in the united states.
    keep the sponsors only and your elite group of people. after all they can keep you going for years to come without the public help, never mind that you push those same skaters in front of public to sell your "old-fashion", fad sport.

  4. #49
    At the rink. Again. mskater93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,172
    I have no idea what this means, fairly. How did you answer the question?

    As for me, seeing one of the people I skated with make the medal podium at Nationals in 1988 (Jeri Campbell - pewter medalist!! Not sure if her skate is available on youtube or not, I will go look tonight)...

  5. #50
    skating philosopher
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    8,113
    Quote Originally Posted by mskater93 View Post
    I have no idea what this means, fairly. How did you answer the question?

    As for me, seeing one of the people I skated with make the medal podium at Nationals in 1988 (Jeri Campbell - pewter medalist!! Not sure if her skate is available on youtube or not, I will go look tonight)...
    There is! Here is her long: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A55JZiGu2Q

  6. #51
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Treviso, Italy
    Posts
    253
    I have two programs in my heart both by Carolina Kostner :
    Lp at worlds 2010
    Lp at worlds 2012
    I was so lucky to see them both live and I will never forget the emoticon I felt...I still cry sometime thinking of them!

  7. #52
    At the rink. Again. mskater93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,172
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    There is! Here is her long: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A55JZiGu2Q
    Thank you Mrs. P!! I loved Jeri - she was a tough cookie!!

  8. #53
    Custom Title Kitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    St. Paul, MN
    Posts
    451
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    I agree and what a lovely skater Tiffany was.
    I'll have to watch that; I'm sure it's great. I wasn't watching ladies in '84, but I have seen her in the skating special, Gershwin on Ice, and she is just phenomenal.

  9. #54
    Banned janetfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    6,889
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitt View Post
    I'll have to watch that; I'm sure it's great. I wasn't watching ladies in '84, but I have seen her in the skating special, Gershwin on Ice, and she is just phenomenal.
    Besides being extremely musical Tiffany was also the first girl I knew that was flirting with the 3A. This was in the early 80's.........
    It is easy to see her jumps were big!

  10. #55
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,077
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLiJ...e_gdata_player
    Katarina Witt's comeback at 1987 Worlds. Pure mental toughness.

  11. #56
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,609
    Quote Originally Posted by jcoates View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLiJ...e_gdata_player
    Katarina Witt's comeback at 1987 Worlds. Pure mental toughness.
    And here I thought Andy Murray winning the Olympics and the US Open triggered a shock-induced coma! Good to have you back.

  12. #57
    skating philosopher
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    8,113
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    And here I thought Andy Murray winning the Olympics and the US Open triggered a shock-induced coma! Good to have you back.
    +1 I missed your posts jcoates!

  13. #58
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    +1 I missed your posts jcoates!
    +2. I mean, me too. Nice to see you back. And thanks IP for cracking me up with the Andy Murray comment.

  14. #59
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,077
    Thx everyone! Posting has been on the back burner due to a very inconsistent work schedule. I have bee keep tabs though. IP, I did get to see the Murray breakthrough and I must admit I am in a bit of a satisfaction induced coma as far as interest in tennis for the rest of the year. Never thought I's live to see Fred Perry's ghost finally pu to rest. It's been about as perfect a season as I could imagine. Here's hoping that trend will carry over to skating. The start at all levels has been promising.

  15. #60
    Custom Title christinaskater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    1,467
    I am loving Ashley Wagner.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •