What are the Greatest Moments of Ladies Figure Skating for you? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

What are the Greatest Moments of Ladies Figure Skating for you?

janetfan

Match Penalty
It's impossible to compare, but Mao is certainly one of the most graceful skaters ever. She's breathtaking. What's more, it's astonishing to find someone with such athletic capabilities who also has musicality and suppleness. In the opera world, they would call her a prima donna assoluta. When I watch her, I feel that I'm on a different (and better) planet.

Thankyou Olympia as always for the well needed assist. :)

R.D.

Record Breaker
For me, there is one moment and one moment only that stands out from the rest:

Tara Lipinski beating out Kwan for OLY gold in '98.

clairecloutier

Final Flight
For me, there is one moment and one moment only that stands out from the rest:

Tara Lipinski beating out Kwan for OLY gold in '98.

Interesting . . . . It was certainly a memorable moment in ladies' figure skating. I cannot say it was a great moment for me--more like a moment of greatest heartbreak, as a Kwan fan--but certainly, it was a night I will never forget!!

Cherryy

On the Ice
Midori Ito's sp at 1991 worlds. So heartbreaking. First, she suffered a collision with Laetitia Hubert during a practice. Then, in the short program, she placed her jump combination too close to the corner of the rink and fell into the opening in the boards for the television camera. But during the performance she was smiling and skating with such joy.
Her long program from 1990 championships was also one of the greatest for me.

1991 sp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zc0qxdfKGGw&feature=watch_response

1990 lp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2H6PfFr59M

fairly4

Medalist
outside of michelle now, no one.
i know you cheated for the skaters you wanted up there, didn't want and help push michelle so now don't care. keep your skating family /viewing public small. that is what you want. keep it that way in the u.s.
don't beg, ask for the public input help in shows, tours, competition, buying things in the united states.
keep the sponsors only and your elite group of people. after all they can keep you going for years to come without the public help, never mind that you push those same skaters in front of public to sell your "old-fashion", fad sport.

mskater93

Record Breaker
I have no idea what this means, fairly. How did you answer the question?

As for me, seeing one of the people I skated with make the medal podium at Nationals in 1988 (Jeri Campbell - pewter medalist!! Not sure if her skate is available on youtube or not, I will go look tonight)...

Tanja90

On the Ice
I have two programs in my heart both by Carolina Kostner :
Lp at worlds 2010
Lp at worlds 2012
I was so lucky to see them both live and I will never forget the emoticon I felt...I still cry sometime thinking of them!

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I agree and what a lovely skater Tiffany was.

I'll have to watch that; I'm sure it's great. I wasn't watching ladies in '84, but I have seen her in the skating special, Gershwin on Ice, and she is just phenomenal.

janetfan

Match Penalty
I'll have to watch that; I'm sure it's great. I wasn't watching ladies in '84, but I have seen her in the skating special, Gershwin on Ice, and she is just phenomenal.

Besides being extremely musical Tiffany was also the first girl I knew that was flirting with the 3A. This was in the early 80's.........
It is easy to see her jumps were big!

jcoates

Medalist
Thx everyone! Posting has been on the back burner due to a very inconsistent work schedule. I have bee keep tabs though. IP, I did get to see the Murray breakthrough and I must admit I am in a bit of a satisfaction induced coma as far as interest in tennis for the rest of the year. Never thought I's live to see Fred Perry's ghost finally pu to rest. It's been about as perfect a season as I could imagine. Here's hoping that trend will carry over to skating. The start at all levels has been promising.