Elvis Stojko in Land of Eternals on PIC®Skates | Golden Skate

Elvis Stojko in Land of Eternals on PIC®Skates

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Burlington Performing Arts Centre - Burlington, ON, September 14th & 15th, 2012

Three-time World Champion and two-time Olympic Silver Medalist, Elvis Stojko, will be featured in the Beau Idéal Production of, 'Land of the Eternals', which will display the artistry and athleticism of skating, through a unique combination of storytelling, dance, and much more!

Also appearing alongside Elvis Stojko is a unique cast of skating talents such as the British adagio team of Fiona Zaldua and Dimitry Sukhanov, American skater Dan Hollander, Roselle Doyle and more, 'Land of the Eternals' promises to deliver a blend of unique and creative storytelling, diverse music and dance with outstanding choreography, for an unforgettable evening of Entertainment!

Because this is a live stage performance (and NOT on ice), all the skaters in the show will be performing on the innovative and ingenious PIC®Skates – an advanced and elite figure skating version of ‘inline skates or rollerblades’ – however because of its unique design, the PIC®Skate allows athletes to execute all their jumps, spins, and other figure skating elements on an off-ice surface with ease.

FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT ROSELLE DOYLE @ 905 299-2044

...adagio team of Fiona Zaldua and Dimitry Sukhanov...

In case you are not familiar with "adagio skating;" this is pairs skating adapted to a smaller ice surface. It features a lot of spectacular lifts and carries that are illegal in regular pairs skating.

For instance, the move atstarting at 3:00 in this vid is called a "Detroiter." (I think this is named after the World War II airplane called the Detroiter -- the lady is the propeller. :) )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uD00YgaBwZQ

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
It's nice Elvis is still doing something with skating. I thought he had retired to the world of Kart racing!

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Actually he is still into racing to my understanding :)

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Isn't he doing some coaching (Mexico); some karate (just a few years ago he won the world silver medal I believe), some singing, some driving and now this? What does he do for money I wonder.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
So are PIC Skates what they used with the skating nuns during the Olympic Closing Ceremony?

Wow, that's really impressive. Way better than artistic roller skating. Can you jump in these skates?