Director Tony Scott commits suicide | Golden Skate

Director Tony Scott commits suicide

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
http://content.usatoday.com/communi...scott-jumps-to-death-from-bridge/1?csp=34news

LOS ANGELES -- Tony Scott, director of blockbusters Top Gun and
Days of Thunder, jumped to his death Sunday from the Vincent Thomas
Bridge, authorities said.
According to the Associated Press, Scott, 68, climbed a fence on the bridge
and jumped around 12:30 p.m. One report quoted a coroner's report that said
Scott jumped "without hesitation."

Can't imagine what would be so bad that he chose to end his life this way. :no:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
This report says that he had an inoperable brain tumor. It can definitely cause one's thinking to change or he decided that he didn't want this family to go through watching him die. It was definitely thought out due to his leaving contact info in his car and apparently wrote goodbye letters to his loved ones.

http://movieline.com/2012/08/20/tony-scott-suicide-brain-cance/

That was the one thing I figured was he was terminally ill... that makes it "more understandable" in a way, but still... :no:

I didn't know that, heyang. It does at least make it possible to comprehend what he did, poor man. I had read about his leaving contact information in his car. There's something so touching about that.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I just heard from my SIL that an acquaintenance of ours committed suicide in a similar way. He was diagnosed with Alzheimer's and did not want to become a burden to his family.

It is a dreadful disease, as are brain tumors.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Suicides are on increase in all age groups. My state will I think have Eurhanasia on the ballot this fall. The fourth state. It is being encouraged in many ways. Unbearable suffering and FEAR of more is what the decision is almost always about. God rest his soul in peace for eternity. This is a very sad thread.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
According to the Today Show the autopsy shows no signs that he was anything but healthy, and his family denies the allegations that he had an inoperable brain tumor. :scratch:

Dreaswi

Rinkside
So many people today battle with mental illness. It is a shame that in society you can't seek help without being judged. Mental illness is no different than having coronary artery disease, diabetes, or kidney failure. The brain is an organ in the human body just like all the other organs and just like those other organs can fail to work properly so can the brain. I have a high IQ (not genius but close) and people are amazed that after getting to know me that I suffer from mental illness. I constantly have to defend myself saying mental illness doesn't equal stupid. Millions of people in the world suffer in silence being to afraid to seek help because of stigma of being label crazy, nuts, looney, psychotic. You lose all friends and sometimes even family. I have bi-polar disorder. I'm very lucky to have understanding family and a very patient coach. They ride out the storms of the lows because they all know how amazing I am when I come out on the other side just like a rainbow after the thunderstorm. I'm proud of who I am. My bi-polar doesn't define me as a person and I think I appreciate the joys in life a little more because I know how dark life can feel when in a low. There have been countless times in life I seriously considered suicide. The pain is just as real as someone who broke every bone in their body all at the same time.