JGP Bosphorus 2012 lists of entries | Golden Skate

JGP Bosphorus 2012 lists of entries

Country
Russia
In substitutes of Russia we see Alexandra DEEVA and Nikol GOSVIANI, not members of "Team Russia".
All other skaters in all disciplines (main and substitute entries) are of "Team Russia".

No kidding? There's a JGP in Turkey? How cool.

I wonder whether Tugba Karademir will show up in some capacity, even if it's just a smile and a wave captured by the camera. I miss her.

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
No kidding? There's a JGP in Turkey? How cool.

I wonder whether Tugba Karademir will show up in some capacity, even if it's just a smile and a wave captured by the camera. I miss her.

Yeah, actually Turkey hosted JGP Bosphorus Cup in 2009 for the first time. And we are so happy to welcome all the skaters, coaches and judges. Of course also the fans, if you are planning to come. I will be a volunteer there.

For Tugba Karademir, she still lives in Canada. Working as an assistant coach and choreographer, if I'm not mistaken. And probably she won't be in Istanbul.

Macassar88

Medalist
Wow that Ice Dance comp is going to be great!
Papadakis/Cizeron, Aldridge/Eaton and Stepanova/Bukin will all be there!

Yeah, actually Turkey hosted JGP Bosphorus Cup in 2009 for the first time. And we are so happy to welcome all the skaters, coaches and judges. Of course also the fans, if you are planning to come. I will be a volunteer there.

For Tugba Karademir, she still lives in Canada. Working as an assistant coach and choreographer, if I'm not mistaken. And probably she won't be in Istanbul.

Thanks for the information, Totentanz. I hope you have a wonderful time volunteering, and please let us know about your experiences. I'm sorry Tugba won't be in Istanbul, but I'm happy to have news about her, and I'm especially glad to know that she's still involved with skating.

Country
Russia
Shershak at 4 event Turkey substituted by Zaseeva.
Zaseeva at 5 event Slovenia substituted by Shershak.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
I've noticed that McNamara/Carpenter still aren't on the US "International Assignments" page for Turkey even though they're on the ISU entries list and listed officially on the WISA homepage as assigned.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
It looks like jason brown is going to win without problems, there isn't anyone at his level there... The battle for the Gold in ladies could be Miyahara vs Titushkina, one of the Americans for the Bronze, I predict. In Ice Dance, Stepanova-Bukin should win just like Brown in Men without challengers... What do you think about my predictions? :popcorn:

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Shershak is replaced with Zaseeva who is not a very good skater. That makes me sad, I would prefer watching Shershak live. Anyway I agree, probably Miyahara will win, Titushkina can challenge her. Leah Keiser of USA and the two Korean girls are the others going for medal.

I can give you some information about Turkish skaters.

First of all, my country's history is not so long about figure skating. We are trying to improve. Actually the success of Tugba Karademir was a very attention-taking factor. Lots of little children look up to her and start to skate. She was practicing in Canada, though. In Turkey, the conditions are lower, we have few ice rinks and rare good coaches. Skaters and their families really fight to survive. They usually go abroad to camps in summer time. Only the successful ones (actually the top ones in each discipline) get support from the federation. And the education system force them to make a choice between school and skating. I don't know how much these things can explain about the difficulties the skaters and their families have.

After Tugba, the best result came from Sıla Saygı, who is also competing in this competition. She skated very well in her JGP debuts at 2009-2010 season and was 14th at JW. But then the puberty monster put barriers in front of her. Still she is the number one ladies skater in Turkey. Last year she didn't qualify for short program both at Worlds and Junior Worlds. She has only 3T and 3S, inconsistantly. The rest of her skating and presentation is nice, at least for Turkish standards. Her coach, Kutay Eryoldaş, was also skating until last season. Here is her free program from last year's Istanbul Cup, an international competition: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAjONtvfc8E

In the men's event, leading Turkish skater is Osman Akgün, who had a very unlucky program at JW last year and couldn't qualify. He has all the triples and 3L+3T, 3F+1Lo+3Lo combinations. He also told me that he landed 3Lo+3Lo this summer in the camp. He was 2nd in the Crystal Skate of Romania and Challenge Cup in the Netherlands last year. He skated with seniors like Denis Ten, Misha Ge at Istanbul Cup and came 8th with a very good skate. I expect a good job from him at Bosphorus Cup. His choreographer and 2nd coach is a former Russian skater, Alexandra Ievleva. This is his free skate at Challenge Cup last year: http://youtu.be/-PqoS_yywew

And the ice dance couple Demirsal/Akalın, they were good last season. 18th at JW. Both were former single skaters, but two years ago they decided to switch to ice dance together. Training in USA in the group of Natalia Dubova. They are very excited for the upcoming season, so I hope to see improvement. Their free dance from last year's JWC: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnqbQmo2v0U

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Shershak is replaced with Zaseeva who is not a very good skater. That makes me sad, I would prefer watching Shershak live. Anyway I agree, probably Miyahara will win, Titushkina can challenge her. Leah Keiser of USA and the two Korean girls are the others going for medal.

I can give you some information about Turkish skaters.

First of all, my country's history is not so long about figure skating. We are trying to improve. Actually the success of Tugba Karademir was a very attention-taking factor. Lots of little children look up to her and start to skate. She was practicing in Canada, though. In Turkey, the conditions are lower, we have few ice rinks and rare good coaches. Skaters and their families really fight to survive. They usually go abroad to camps in summer time. Only the successful ones (actually the top ones in each discipline) get support from the federation. And the education system force them to make a choice between school and skating. I don't know how much these things can explain about the difficulties the skaters and their families have.

After Tugba, the best result came from Sıla Saygı, who is also competing in this competition. She skated very well in her JGP debuts at 2009-2010 season and was 14th at JW. But then the puberty monster put barriers in front of her. Still she is the number one ladies skater in Turkey. Last year she didn't qualify for short program both at Worlds and Junior Worlds. She has only 3T and 3S, inconsistantly. The rest of her skating and presentation is nice, at least for Turkish standards. Her coach, Kutay Eryoldaş, was also skating until last season. Here is her free program from last year's Istanbul Cup, an international competition: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAjONtvfc8E

In the men's event, leading Turkish skater is Osman Akgün, who had a very unlucky program at JW last year and couldn't qualify. He has all the triples and 3L+3T, 3F+1Lo+3Lo combinations. He also told me that he landed 3Lo+3Lo this summer in the camp. He was 2nd in the Crystal Skate of Romania and Challenge Cup in the Netherlands last year. He skated with seniors like Denis Ten, Misha Ge at Istanbul Cup and came 8th with a very good skate. I expect a good job from him at Bosphorus Cup. His choreographer and 2nd coach is a former Russian skater, Alexandra Ievleva. This is his free skate at Challenge Cup last year: http://youtu.be/-PqoS_yywew

And the ice dance couple Demirsal/Akalın, they were good last season. 18th at JW. Both were former single skaters, but two years ago they decided to switch to ice dance together. Training in USA in the group of Natalia Dubova. They are very excited for the upcoming season, so I hope to see improvement. Their free dance from last year's JWC: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnqbQmo2v0U
Thank you for this interesting information, it's really good that figure skating is expanding is countries where it has never been so popular (I live in Italy, where it's a little bit more famous than in Turkey, but at the moment its situation at the junior level is really sad, so I understand you ;)), I hope the Turkish skaters will perform well! Maybe within 100 years Turkey will be one of the most powerful countries in the world in our sport... :p Just look at China or Japan: just 50 years ago they practically didn't have any skater at all, today skaters from these countries have won Olympic Golds!

sky_fly20

Match Penalty

Shershak has been moved to Slovenia for strategic reason, she is their second bet for the Russian girls to secure the GPF, Shershak is good enough to win gold, Slovenia's field isn't that deep as well as the last 3 JGP's

another easy win for Miyahara with Keiser, Tutushkina, Hongo and the Korean Girls as podium contenders

Last edited:
Country
Russia
Shershak has been moved to Slovenia for strategic reason, she is their second bet for the Russian girls to secure the GPF, Shershak is good enough to win gold, Slovenia's field isn't that deep as well as the last 3 JGP's
Shershak's FS at test skating was not so good as it must be a week before competitions.
And at 13 Sep her SP was announced, and she took place in warm-up but did not skate. Why? I don't know.
And aftes that Shershak's start at JGP was moved a week later.
another easy win for Miyahara with Keiser, Tutushkina, Hongo and the Korean Girls as podium contenders
At past season Zaseeva was a little better than Titushkina, so if mentioning Titushkina it is reasonable not to forget Zaseeva.