Thread: Kim Yu-na unveils new programs

Hybrid View

News Kim Yu-na unveils new programs

Prob old news but thought I share regardless:

The Korea Herald -- Figure skating star Kim Yu-na will skate to a film score and a compilation of tunes from a popular musical in the upcoming season, her agency said Monday.

Custom Title
    Thank you. So, Yu-Na's programs will be 'The Kiss of the Vampire' as SP and 'Les Miserables' as LP for the upcoming season!
    Sounds cool.
    Am really really looking forward to it!

Custom Title
    Thanks for this link and info, I didn't notice or read this earlier - sounds like interesting choices. Do we know when her first comp will be? Is Oppergard still her coach?

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    Kiss of the Vampire promises to be a vampy and campy program. I love it. Instrumental versions of Les Mis songs, though, is an abominable idea.

Custom Title
    I don't know; Les Mis might orchestrate very well, though I would prefer Chess. I am not familiar with Kiss of the Vampire. She looks so good in black that I'm sure her costume will be gorgeous.

So many have done Les Mis I'd like to see Yuna with something less used. I think it might be orchestrated well though I surely prefer it as a score with words. Has she skated to Phantom? That I can see. I have never heard Kiss of the Vampire either. Off to youtube....

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    I don't know; Les Mis might orchestrate very well, though I would prefer Chess. I am not familiar with Kiss of the Vampire. She looks so good in black that I'm sure her costume will be gorgeous.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5apE_J4WBtc here's the opening theme from kiss of the vampire!

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    I don't know; Les Mis might orchestrate very well, though I would prefer Chess.
    My problem with instrumental Les Mis is that it's a very human story, possibly more so than any other musical/opera. It needs the human voice to be properly expressed. Other musical instruments just aren't enough.

And yeah, I'm with skateluvr on how overused Les Mis is, as well. This season, Jeremy Abbott will be using "Bring Him Home" for his FS. And I'm sure we'll be inundated with Les Mis programs once the movie comes out. We've seen Yuna skate to tragic musicals before. This is becoming formulaic.

That said, her SP choice more than makes up for it. If Wilson and Yuna come up with a good program for Kiss of the Vampire (and they probably will), I expect to see lots of other skaters use that music down the road.

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan! blue dog's Avatar
    Chess could've been great. However, the last Chess program I remember was the passionless:

http://youtu.be/81C9_sV23Wc

Quote Originally Posted by Serious Business View Post
    Kiss of the Vampire promises to be a vampy and campy program. .

I think this will be great fun and one of the most talked about programs of the season.

I am almost surprised they didn't save it for Sochi ...... and can already hear some saying, "how will Yuna and Wilson ever top this."

Just for kicks here is the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4OJD...eature=related

Are we all assuming Yuna will play a vampire? She could also play the vampire's prey and end the program with a "transformation."
    Last edited by janetfan; 08-21-2012 at 08:55 AM.