Kim Yu-na unveils new programs | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Kim Yu-na unveils new programs

Thank you, Kristlite:D All I can say is that this is sooooo much better than I ever thought before. Yuna's maturity is totally dominating and conquering this tango!

aftertherain

Record Breaker
Not gonna lie, I hated the old dress to this (El Tango de Roxanne) program, but I love, love, love this one! :)

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
So glad she added that 3Lz in the program. Yuna is steadily working on getting back her form. Also good that she threw in the 3S because she's going to need it with the "no three 2A" rule. My guess is that her program is going to have the following elements:

3Lz+3T
3Lz
3F
3S
3S+2T+2Lo
2A+3T
2A

She might change one of the 3S into a 3F, but we'll see...

inskate

On the Ice
So glad she added that 3Lz in the program. Yuna is steadily working on getting back her form. Also good that she threw in the 3S because she's going to need it with the "no three 2A" rule. My guess is that her program is going to have the following elements:

3Lz+3T
3Lz
3F
3S
3S+2T+2Lo
2A+3T
2A

She might change one of the 3S into a 3F, but we'll see...

Hopefully not - her last combo (2A-3T) wouldn't count. The skaters can repeat only 2 types of triples in her program; in the above layout she would be repeating 3 (3Lz, 3S and 3T). :)

Hopefully not - her last combo (2A-3T) wouldn't count. The skaters can repeat only 2 types of triples in her program; in the above layout she would be repeating 3 (3Lz, 3S and 3T). :)

The layout from her free program in Moscow is more likely.
3lz-3t / 3s-2t-2lo / 3f / 2a-2t-2lo / 3lz / 3s /2a

I really don't like that Yuna cannot showcase her humongous 2a-3t without loop:(

skateluvr

Record Breaker
THE DRESS IS STUNNING! She is a beauty for sure. I noticed tho her speed was not there. Yuna needs that and to fly into her 3/3's to make them huge. I know it isn't gonna happen, but her extensions/spirals are wobbly, the edge wasn't strong and I winder if her back is hurting as her Ina is not what it was. Granted, it was never like Shizuka but was more back bend and held out. Still, for a show program, she did some work. The rose position screams Sasha and that bias cut is perfect for her body type. Hated the old dress, love the new.

Still, the old Yuna must be back to compete with stars who took her place, esp. the Russian horde. She will give her best, that I am sure. Go Yuna!

^ Oh, that's right. It was 3s-2t.

I love this new Roxanne dress, too. You see how those beads sparkling with her every move?:love: And her position in that layback was a real surprise. I wonder if she'll incorporate those gorgeous positions in actual competition and sure hope so! Still four months away until her first competition in December, so I guess by then she'll be fully herself, or more, in every aspect of skating.

Krislite

Medalist
THE DRESS IS STUNNING! She is a beauty for sure. I noticed tho her speed was not there. Yuna needs that and to fly into her 3/3's to make them huge. I know it isn't gonna happen, but her extensions/spirals are wobbly, the edge wasn't strong and I winder if her back is hurting as her Ina is not what it was. Granted, it was never like Shizuka but was more back bend and held out. Still, for a show program, she did some work. The rose position screams Sasha and that bias cut is perfect for her body type. Hated the old dress, love the new.

Still, the old Yuna must be back to compete with stars who took her place, esp. the Russian horde. She will give her best, that I am sure. Go Yuna!

Yuna has yet to build her strength and stamina for competition. What we've seen at this show is her in a somewhat-better shape than spring or even last year, but nowhere near her peak form as she has not been training full time. She started to ramp up her training after she announced her return to competition last month, but even she admitted it won't be a 100% effort until after this ice show. She spent the better half of the last four weeks learning her new choreography in Toronto, not actual training/conditioning.

I believe her speed will build with time, as she gains strength and hones her skating skills, and she'll be able to maintain her speed once she's got her stamina back.

Oh, goodness, I hope so. YuNa was such an amazing skater at her peak that I really yearn to see her at her peak again. I know how hard it is to achieve that level of stamina and conditioning. Remember the footage they had of Ryan Lochte leading up to the Olympics, of how he dragged tires down the road to build strength. The amount of preparation it takes to get to that level is astounding. It shows how admirable the top skaters are, for their level of labor and commitment day after day, year after year. I'm so excited YuNa is back in that group.

jatale

On the Ice
The ATS rink is not that big, so I don't think Yuna had the space to do big jumps (speed and distance) even if she could at this point. What was evident, was that Yuna is looking fabulous and her presentation skills are better than ever. Seeing her do a tango program again as a grown up woman was exciting and the performance was sizzling.

Cherryy

On the Ice
I have to say I really liked the performance :). I thought she would jump only 2 axels and 3 toe, but that lutz was a nice surprise. I also think, that her leg position has improved, although probably because of that, the layback seemed to be a little slower than it used to be. She did very well considering the amount of time she hadn't trained full time :clap:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Thank you for the link to "Day 3 Roxanne". Yuna looks stunning and skated to Roxanne beautifully!!
I am glad we will get to see her compete this season!