Team USA Champs Camp (starting Tue Aug 21) | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Team USA Champs Camp (starting Tue Aug 21)

cleoc

Match Penalty
Davis/White submitted their 2012-13 program music for their Team USA bio and it's been published online which makes it public information; the Shibutanis' bio still has "TBA" listed for their music.

Like i understand, D-W FD on Icenetwork (Sinatra) was wrong imformation. Any news about there music choice? Werid icenetwork didnt change D-W bio page. Maybe i missed something?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
U.S. Figure Skating ‏@USFigureSkating
We'll be bringing you loads of tweets/photos/info from #ChampsCamp beginning tomorrow. Safe travels to all the Team USA athletes!
1:06 PM - 20 Aug 12

Who knows, maybe the Shibutanis and their partners in crime will have an opportunity to dream up a new video?!

Who cares about ice-dance music, when even more important breaking news emerges from Champs Camp?!

From Maia and Alex Shibutani's Facebook page:
"First day back from Champs Camp! It was a very productive week and it was a lot of fun seeing everyone! Oh... and we might have done another video. ;)"

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Have been wondering about this Weir tweet:

Johnny Weir-Voronov ‏@JohnnyGWeir
Had a great test skate for the @USFigureSkating tonight then a fancy cover shoot. Now dinner with @Vitya_Zvesda @megcarlozzi @cmbenz
9:34 PM - 8 Sep 12​

So on a Saturday night two weeks after Champs Camp, Weir had another test skate for USFSA. Forgive me if my questions are dumb:
- Is this anything out of the ordinary?
- Does it suggest that USFSA is giving Weir extra support (or extra scrutiny?)? Or is it nothing of any significance?
- Would the additional test have been at the request of USFSA or of Weir?

Lilyvalley

Rinkside
I think that Johnny and his coaches wanted Johnny`s spins (for example) were checked in accodance with the new requiements. (It`s not so easy to chose the spins now to get the highest levels, imho).

Tammi

On the Ice
There is nothing out of the ordinary with Team USA skaters being looked at throughout the season. It can be done at the request of skater/coach or USFS. I think the only significance would be if the test skate were being done to evaluate an athletes competition readiness following an injury. Otherwise, it's just usually an opportunity for technical feedback. It could be that some things were changed in his program based on Champs Camp and his team wanted a second look.

Binthere

On the Ice
I suspect that it simply made sense for Johnny to perform his programs in front of a collection of judges who were probably in New York area anyway for the Mid-Atlantics competition last weekend. Johnny is a member of the Skating Club of New York technically so getting pointers ahead of Finlandia would seem to be a smart strategy.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Thanks to Lilyvalley, Tammi, and Binthere for shedding light on Weir's recent test skate. :)