Jason Brown is blogging for IN re JGP Courchevel | Golden Skate

Jason Brown is blogging for IN re JGP Courchevel

ice coverage

Record Breaker
The link above now includes Brown's blog entries for Tue, Wed, and Thu.
His writing continues to be very expressive and informative. Good job!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Doris had mentioned in a dance thread that Holly Moore and Daniel Klaber are blogging from Courchevel for ice-dance.com.
I finally took a look, and Klaber's first entry (from Tue) blew me away! Absolutely lovely. Brought tears to my eyes.

Normally, Holly and I will have posts up close to each others, but this is special. She's (as I assume) actually getting some sleep before we leave. However, I can't sleep. I'm like a five year-old trying to sleep on Christmas eve thinking about all of the presents I might get.

This is a huge step for me. I'm just having some trouble grasping what's sitting right in front of me. We are really truly going to a JGP tomorrow to represent the U.S.

It has been eight and a half years of work, struggle, some hardships, laughter, jokes, bonding, fighting, winning, losing, supporting each other, being a shoulder to cry on, having a shoulder to cry on. After all of that, Holly and I share a relationship like no other and one that I would not trade for anything else in the world. I can think of no one else that I would want to travel and compete around the world with.

I had no idea what kind of beginning it was when I stepped on that ice and first took Holly's hand. Eight and a half years later, we face yet another beginning, but this time we're ready for it. So let it begin.

-Klaber

Their subsequents posts, if not as profound, have been spirited and joyful. A pleasure to read.