What skates for USFSA Freestyle 5? | Golden Skate

What skates for USFSA Freestyle 5?

Thuy

Spectator
Hello,

My daughter is in USFSA Freestyle 5. We're looking into Riedell, and found a deal on Riedell 355 Silver Star, but not sure if this is suitable for her level. Please help advise!

Thank you!

treesprite

Final Flight
I have had them in the past, twice (not consecutively). They are ok for single jumps, possibly axels if they are not more than 50% through their life. The weight of the skater has something to do with how fast the skates break down. Is she still growing or would you be expecting the skates to last a long time?

Did someone recommend that particular skate? Reidells are made for a narrow foot, so if her feet are on the wide side, you might want to consider another manufacturer.

Thuy

Spectator
I have had them in the past, twice (not consecutively). They are ok for single jumps, possibly axels if they are not more than 50% through their life. The weight of the skater has something to do with how fast the skates break down. Is she still growing or would you be expecting the skates to last a long time?

Did someone recommend that particular skate? Reidells are made for a narrow foot, so if her feet are on the wide side, you might want to consider another manufacturer.

Thank you for your response! My daughter is just 10 yrs old. So yes, she's still growing. She normally skates for 3-4 days a week. I'm hoping the skates last for 6-9 months. When you mentioned about the weight of the skater, can you explain more?

Her feet are on the narrow side. So Riedell seems work better for her.

mskater93

Record Breaker
A full grown adult will break skates down faster than a 50 pound child even if they are working on the same elements. Also, a more advanced skater working on higher level elements will break down skates faster than a more beginner skater even if they are the same height/weight. A taller skater will break down skates faster than a shorter skater of the same weight because of the leverage point. It's typically recommended that an older, bigger skater be in a more advanced boot than a younger, lighter skater.