Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Elizaveta Tuktamisheva and Gracie Gold

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    I think our expectations for Gracie are way to high. She's talented yes, but its her first senior GP and a case of nerves is predicted

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    I think our expectations for Gracie are way to high. She's talented yes, but its her first senior GP and a case of nerves is predicted
    Her international debut (JGP Tallin, WJC) was very good, WTT much worse. Her summer competitions were not better (may be worse) than year ago.

So I can't tell anything. Let us see and we will know.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    I agree with you. I cannot believe the enthusiam, is way over the top. She can do a 3/3 and is her competition to lose right away. Oh dear. what a reality check will get many in a few days.

It remains to be seen whether she will conquer first SGP jitters or not. If I were her, I'd me more focused on being clean than "winning". Clean can get her on the podium, easy.

Custom Title
    The Japanese are flying It should be Akiko or Kanako, Gracie Gold or Kaetlyn Osmond for the other medal.

Quote Originally Posted by herios View Post
    I agree with you. I cannot believe the enthusiam, is way over the top. She can do a 3/3 and is her competition to lose right away. Oh dear. what a reality check will get many in a few days.
    herios, you DO know she has 3 3+3 planned - 3F+3T in the SP, 3Lz+3T and 3F+1Lo+3S in the LP, right? These are big point getters.

Custom Title
    But that's only if she skates clean. Granted even with some mistakes she will get more points for her jump layout because its so much more difficult then most of the other Ladies. It might be a bit too ambitious at the moment though.

I think Gracie should go clean and do the easier 3x3 and forget a second. She will podium with clean skate and i'D BE THRILLED WITH SILVER. Rep points will help Akiko. I wish Gracie and Osmond good luck the most. Also, Kate may be helped as she is Canadian and the best they have. I do not like Amelie's skating, though I am sure she is talented. It will be great to see Chan on home turf. Hoping he skates well with all the support. I hope Japan got the nerves out and got his mojo going again. He should be a reliable skater at this age and stage after years ON SENIOR SCENE. I just want good skating and wish all the very best. What's to be nervous about after all? I wish they had the perspective MK took early on. "It isn't brain surgery, it is just a sport." Good luck to all!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mskater93 View Post
    herios, you DO know she has 3 3+3 planned - 3F+3T in the SP, 3Lz+3T and 3F+1Lo+3S in the LP, right? These are big point getters.
    I also know what PLAN means, aka I majored in planning at my University.
    A Plan is a plan, that will not equate also reality in the end, automatically.
    You might have forgoten what Gracie Gold did recently in SLC, beside landing a 3/3...

No, and you may have forgotten that SLC is 4200 feet above sea level AND it's been close to a month that Gracie's had a chance to polish everything.

Well, good luck to Gracie & to the other debutantes, too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2