Elizaveta Tuktamisheva and Gracie Gold | Golden Skate

Elizaveta Tuktamisheva and Gracie Gold

ForeverFish

Medalist
Am I the only one who's extremely excited to see these two in competition? They're bringing some of the best of their countries along, and it'll be interesting to see how it all plays out.

What do you guys think? Predictions on who'll make the podium?

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
I begin to like Gracie more and more. There is something about her that makes you watch her, like her..I saw the new programs and I gotta say that Liza has changed so much! I'm excited about new season)

fairly4

Medalist
not really saw elizaveta last year, impressed me. waiting for puberty spurt.
gracie impress me at junior gp event last year, unimpressed me at nationals and wtt competition.
hype up early

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
not really saw elizaveta last year, impressed me. waiting for puberty spurt.
gracie impress me at junior gp event last year, unimpressed me at nationals and wtt competition.
hype up early

well both are mostly done with growth spurt, mostly just filling out
Tukt basically is just petite from genetics and did not grew at all

tulosai

Record Breaker
I guess that, due to puberty problems and a back injury, Tuk may not even be going.

cornell08

Final Flight
I think its
1) Gracie or Liza
2)
3) Anyone

Also, does anyone know how caroline zhang has been doing post Nebelhorn?

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
1) Tuktamisheva
2) Suzuki
3) Gold

I don't think Lisa will win here, she is not at her peak as she came back from a leg injury, I think its Gracie's to lose, Gracie has never lost a competition this season other than a fluke win from Agnes.

1 Gracie - probably will score by a huge margin, maybe 190+ ?
2 Liza
3 Akiko or Kanako

coolboogie22

Match Penalty
I definately thing that Kaetlyn Osmond can surprise us like Christina Gao did at Skate America. I would not be surprised if Kaetlyn get a medal. :) I have faith in her.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
I don't think Lisa will win here, she is not at her peak as she came back from a leg injury, I think its Gracie's to lose, Gracie has never lost a competition this season other than a fluke win from Agnes.

2 Liza
3 Akiko or Kanako

How many competitions has Gold skated this season

ice coverage

Record Breaker

2 Liza
3 Akiko or Kanako

How many competitions has Gold skated this season

sky_fly, you need to check your facts. :bang:
FALSE: "Gracie has never lost a competition this season other than a fluke win from Agnes."

Gold's season prior to Salt Lake, AFAIK:
- At Skate Milwaukee, she performed only her SP. http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120717&content_id=35076408&vkey=ice_news
- Then she placed second (behind Hannah Miller) in the Ladies Final Round at Skate Detroit. http://www.goldenskate.com/2012/07/2012-skate-detroit-senior-highlights/

Am I missing anything? What has Gold already won this season?
If she wins one or both of her upcoming GP events, good for her.

Regardless, "fluke" is a terribly unfair and disrespectful description of Zawadzki's win at Salt Lake. :mad:

Last edited:
Country
Russia
1 Amelie LACOSTE CAN not very good results last years
2 Kaetlyn OSMOND CAN good progress last time, high but not extremely high level at Nebelhorn Trophy
3 Elene GEDEVANISHVILI GEO Good, but not the best world level skater
4 Kanako MURAKAMI JPN At Chubu Regionals SP - 3T<+3T< и 3F<
5 Akiko SUZUKI JPN 3rd place at Worlds. But with URs and 1Lz. Not good skating (2 falls, TES 50.29) at Japan Open 06 oct 2012.
6 Ksenia MAKAROVA RUS Past season all her FS were bad, at test skating - not very good level.
7 Polina SHELEPEN RUS Horribly low results of this season.
8 Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA RUS After injury, puberty issues, her skating at 2nd Event of Cup of StPetersburg was technically lower than at previous seasons (only 3T+3T at SP, no 3+3 at FS).
9 Gracie GOLD USA Her results after WJC-2012 were not stable.
10 Caroline ZHANG USA Total score 124.13 of Nebelhorn Trophy, 46 points less than Osmond.

So we don't see any really high level skater at predictably good state.

No predictions may be done.
Results of Skate Canada must be very interesting and important to estimate real level and state of skaters.

Last edited:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I think our expectations for Gracie are way to high. She's talented yes, but its her first senior GP and a case of nerves is predicted

Country
Russia
I think our expectations for Gracie are way to high. She's talented yes, but its her first senior GP and a case of nerves is predicted
Her international debut (JGP Tallin, WJC) was very good, WTT much worse. Her summer competitions were not better (may be worse) than year ago.

So I can't tell anything. Let us see and we will know.

herios

Medalist
I agree with you. I cannot believe the enthusiam, is way over the top. She can do a 3/3 and is her competition to lose right away. Oh dear. what a reality check will get many in a few days.

mskater93

Record Breaker
It remains to be seen whether she will conquer first SGP jitters or not. If I were her, I'd me more focused on being clean than "winning". Clean can get her on the podium, easy.

russell30

Final Flight
The Japanese are flying It should be Akiko or Kanako, Gracie Gold or Kaetlyn Osmond for the other medal.