Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Ondrej Nepela Trophy 2012 Oct 3 - Oct 6

Custom Title
    I love W/P FD. Will be a great vehicle throughout this year!

Rooting for Adrian, Javi and Kevin R!!! :) aemeraldrainc's Avatar
    Anyone watching the men's long on the live stream?
    Can someone please share the direct link?
    I'm using the one posted earlier, but all I get is the ladies warm up and my foxlingo translator isn't working.
    I try clicking the other links and it tells me I need to register??

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by aemeraldrainc View Post
    Anyone watching the men's long on the live stream?
    Can someone please share the direct link?
    I'm using the one posted earlier, but all I get is the ladies warm up and my foxlingo translator isn't working.
    I try clicking the other links and it tells me I need to register??
    Hope this works for you! They're resurfacing the ice before the final light right now.

http://live.huste.tv/stream/06-10-12...la-trophy-2012

Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan04 View Post
    Hope this works for you! They're resurfacing the ice before the final light right now.

http://live.huste.tv/stream/06-10-12...la-trophy-2012
    It works!!! Thank you sooo much!

If only Finlandia Trophy had a live stream.

omg, what happened, kev?
    What a freak fall at the end there. He looks deflated.

Anybody know who's that sitting with him in the kiss and cry? I so want to know what they're saying. hehe.

Oh, no! If only Kevin had done better on the short, he might have medalled here. :(
    Well, happy for Tomas V. anyways.

Custom Title
    I adore W/P but so far I am disapointed in their programs this year. Their SD seemed very generic and their FD did not live up to the hype. They made it seem like it was something totally new that we have never seen before but IMO, it wasn't. They need some new lifts because I've seen them perform that rotaional lift for about 6 years now. I'm also not a fan of their FD music, it sounds too muzak for my taste. Prehaps these programs will grow on me as the seaon goes on.

Custom Title
    Nice work by the Japanese men at Nepela Trophy - too bad about Kevin Reynolds - sadly though he needs to work on his PCS - so close to beating Vulnerable Verner. Verner was lucky imho. I think Reynolds could have been marked more generously and Verner harsher but they were relatively close. On other notes nice work at Finlandia by Dornbush, okay the winner was obvious Hanyu - and he seems with those scores so early especially on TES already equal or perhaps even ahead of Chan. Chan and Tak must be scared the young guy (younger in Chan's case) is ready to take the title. Timing is everything of course. But with the Olympics a year and a half or so away the timing seems right - sometimes it is not only how good you are but when...Hanyu is the real thing. USA is shaping up to regain its third skater and to think people thought Evan would be in better shape than Weir - Weir did just fine - a little work on the competitive spirit and jumps and who knows. Rippon, Dornbush, Mazl, Evan, Abbott and the list goes on and on like that Titanic song - Go USA things are looking good - Pairs with a technical team, lots of good ladies and men and already power houses and favoured in dance espeically with injured Virtue and Moir - USa is in great shape. Now for Mirai...hmm still the jury is out.

On the Ice
    You can find photos of the event here Ondrej Nepela Memorial

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitneyskates View Post
    I adore W/P but so far I am disapointed in their programs this year. Their SD seemed very generic and their FD did not live up to the hype. They made it seem like it was something totally new that we have never seen before but IMO, it wasn't. They need some new lifts because I've seen them perform that rotaional lift for about 6 years now. I'm also not a fan of their FD music, it sounds too muzak for my taste. Prehaps these programs will grow on me as the seaon goes on.
    I thought the third, fourth and fifth (not leveled) lifts were stunning. The first one was gorgeously matched to the sudden drop in music volume and the other two had wonderfully seamless movements and positions.

I like the SD, love the FD.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5