Ondrej Nepela Trophy 2012 Oct 3 - Oct 6 | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Ondrej Nepela Trophy 2012 Oct 3 - Oct 6

aemeraldrainc

Final Flight
Anyone watching the men's long on the live stream?
Can someone please share the direct link?
I'm using the one posted earlier, but all I get is the ladies warm up and my foxlingo translator isn't working.
I try clicking the other links and it tells me I need to register??

skatingfan04

Final Flight

aemeraldrainc

Final Flight
Anybody know who's that sitting with him in the kiss and cry? I so want to know what they're saying. hehe.

aemeraldrainc

Final Flight
Oh, no! If only Kevin had done better on the short, he might have medalled here. :(
Well, happy for Tomas V. anyways.

Whitneyskates

On the Ice
I adore W/P but so far I am disapointed in their programs this year. Their SD seemed very generic and their FD did not live up to the hype. They made it seem like it was something totally new that we have never seen before but IMO, it wasn't. They need some new lifts because I've seen them perform that rotaional lift for about 6 years now. I'm also not a fan of their FD music, it sounds too muzak for my taste. Prehaps these programs will grow on me as the seaon goes on.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Nice work by the Japanese men at Nepela Trophy - too bad about Kevin Reynolds - sadly though he needs to work on his PCS - so close to beating Vulnerable Verner. Verner was lucky imho. I think Reynolds could have been marked more generously and Verner harsher but they were relatively close. On other notes nice work at Finlandia by Dornbush, okay the winner was obvious Hanyu - and he seems with those scores so early especially on TES already equal or perhaps even ahead of Chan. Chan and Tak must be scared the young guy (younger in Chan's case) is ready to take the title. Timing is everything of course. But with the Olympics a year and a half or so away the timing seems right - sometimes it is not only how good you are but when...Hanyu is the real thing. USA is shaping up to regain its third skater and to think people thought Evan would be in better shape than Weir - Weir did just fine - a little work on the competitive spirit and jumps and who knows. Rippon, Dornbush, Mazl, Evan, Abbott and the list goes on and on like that Titanic song - Go USA things are looking good - Pairs with a technical team, lots of good ladies and men and already power houses and favoured in dance espeically with injured Virtue and Moir - USa is in great shape. Now for Mirai...hmm still the jury is out.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
I adore W/P but so far I am disapointed in their programs this year. Their SD seemed very generic and their FD did not live up to the hype. They made it seem like it was something totally new that we have never seen before but IMO, it wasn't. They need some new lifts because I've seen them perform that rotaional lift for about 6 years now. I'm also not a fan of their FD music, it sounds too muzak for my taste. Prehaps these programs will grow on me as the seaon goes on.

I thought the third, fourth and fifth (not leveled) lifts were stunning. The first one was gorgeously matched to the sudden drop in music volume and the other two had wonderfully seamless movements and positions.

I like the SD, love the FD.