Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 61

Thread: Ladies SP JGP Courchevel 2012

  1. #46
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,067
    Let's not forget Rika Hongo.

    I think the silver and bronze medals are up for grabs, with Ulyana and Rika having the advantage of being ahead after the SP, and having more difficult technical content. Of course, Lam & Cain have experience.
    Last edited by oleada; 08-23-2012 at 01:27 PM.

  2. #47
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Turkey
    Posts
    493
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Let's not forget Rika Hongo.

    I think the silver and bronze medals are up for grabs, with Ulyana and Rika having the advantage of being ahead after the SP, and having more difficult technical content. Of course, Lam & Cain have experience.
    Yes Rika has the same chance with Uliana now. Their scores are almost equal. Zhao and Choi may have chance if the others bomb.

    Btw, the little Japanese girl Yura Matsuda tried 3Lo+3Lo but first is underrotated, second is downgraded. She also looks so promising for the next seasons.

  3. #48
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    673
    Only 15 of the 27-field met the minimum score for Junior Worlds.

  4. #49
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Turkey
    Posts
    493
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiKike View Post
    Only 15 of the 27-field met the minimum score for Junior Worlds.
    I think it is not bad. This is just junior grand prix. Actually only 12 couldn't manage it

  5. #50
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,067

  6. #51
    At the rink. Again. mskater93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,225
    Quote Originally Posted by Totentanz View Post
    It's really early but it looks like we will see a big battle of Lipnitskaya and Radionova at junior worlds this year.
    If Lipnitskaia actually DOES skate her SGP events, based on the forward and back rule, she can't go to JWs this year.

  7. #52
    Custom Title Mao88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,945
    LADIES SHORT PROGRAM - VIDEOS & RESULT

    1. Elena RADIONOVA (RUS) - 61.15
    2. Uliana TITUSHKINA (RUS) - 53.62
    3. Rika HONGO (JPN) - 53.16
    4. Ashley CAIN (USA) - 51.31
    5. Vanessa LAM (USA) - 48.40
    6. Julianne SEGUIN (CAN) - 47.05
    7. Hwi CHOI (KOR) - 46.27
    8. Ziquan ZHAO (CHN) - 44.80
    9. Yura MATSUDA (JPN) - 44.62
    10. Nadjma MAHAMOUD (FRA) - 43.21
    11. Laurine LECAVELIER (FRA) - 41.46
    12. Eveliina VILJANEN (FIN) - 39.51

  8. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,378
    Quote Originally Posted by mskater93 View Post
    If Lipnitskaia actually DOES skate her SGP events, based on the forward and back rule, she can't go to JWs this year.
    but isn't that rule only to applied after 2014 ?

  9. #54
    At the rink. Again. mskater93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,225
    No, the AGE consistency rule applies after 2014

  10. #55
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    105
    Wow 61.15, a huge score for Radionova, unfortunately I think she was over scored. The 3Lz-3T combination was great but I wasn't impressed by her steps into the flip(too simple for junior standard) plus she rushed her movements and the edges were shallow and messy in her step sequence with uncontrolled arms. Also there's basically no choreography in that program. I also feel that she wasn't as down in her knees as she could be. Decent transitions through a good portion of the program though. I fear this will go the route of Julia, with massive, over-inflated scores being flung at her. Also it should be interesting to see who gets second and third here
    Last edited by Irishflip; 08-23-2012 at 08:52 PM.

  11. #56
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,067
    I disagree. I thought she showed good edges in her turns. She also had very good speed and ice coverage for a person her age and size. All of this combined with excellent technical content (not just the jumps, but the spins, too!). She also has that It factor that is hard to quantify, and is a very expressive and engaging performer.

  12. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,378
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishflip View Post
    Wow 61.15, a huge score for Radionova, unfortunately I think she was over scored. The 3Lz-3T combination was great but I wasn't impressed by her steps into the flip(too simple for junior standard) plus she rushed her movements and the edges were shallow and messy in her step sequence with uncontrolled arms. Also there's basically no choreography in that program. I also feel that she wasn't as down in her knees as she could be. Decent transitions through a good portion of the program though. I fear this will go the route of Julia, with massive, over-inflated scores being flung at her. Also it should be interesting to see who gets second and third here
    I think only the Flip, this is her weakest edging and she mostly bends her knees on landing the flip, the other jumps were good especially the 2A, also I think the choreography was a bit messy because she added so many spin combinations ( her 2012 nationals had simpler step sequences but you an see she has good musicality and is fast on the ice) , her spins are good well not as super fast like Julia's but way better with her spins than when Tukt competed as a junior.
    Last edited by sky_fly20; 08-24-2012 at 03:01 AM.

  13. #58
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    1,868
    Quote Originally Posted by mskater93 View Post
    If Lipnitskaia actually DOES skate her SGP events, based on the forward and back rule, she can't go to JWs this year.
    This rule doesn't exist for ISU events.
    It was in a project of changes for Rule 108, but isn't in solutions of 54th Congress ISU.

    So no limits of such kind.

  14. #59
    At the rink. Again. mskater93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,225
    Communication 1723 has a provisions that says a skater who is age elibgible for Juniors but has competed in at least 2 Senior ISU events is ineligible for Junior events. To me, that means SGP events = no JWs.

  15. #60
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    1,868
    Quote Originally Posted by mskater93 View Post
    Communication 1723 has a provisions that says a skater who is age elibgible for Juniors but has competed in at least 2 Senior ISU events is ineligible for Junior events. To me, that means SGP events = no JWs.
    It was only collection of pojects of changes. Some were were approved others not. This was not.

    See "Special Regulations & Technical Rules" changed after Congress http://www.isu.org/vsite/vfile/page/...-0-file,00.pdf
    Rule 108.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •