Thread: Johnny Weir with Tracy Jordan and Jenna Maroney

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar

Thumbs up Johnny Weir with Tracy Jordan and Jenna Maroney

Have you ever wondered what it'd be like if Johnny Weir guested on an episode of 30 Rock? Well, this comes close. A week ago, Weir hosted Jaguar's "Chill NY" event, and two of the stars of 30 Rock came to visit. Here's they are posing for a photo. Here's Tracy being grumpy about something (Weir's wedges making him taller than Tracy?).

On another day of the event, here's Weir with some young skaters after signing their boots. And ice dancers Melissa Gregory and Denis Petukhov dropped by! Weir and his husband, Victor Voronov, looking very domestic. And finally, Johnny pouring out of a Jag.

I was gonna say MelDen were there, too, but you beat me to it... they were super excited and shared quite a few pics on twitter and facebook!

I prefer Victor's style sense way more. Hideous black heels and shorts. Sorry Johnny. Fashion miss. I almost (not quite) prefer his fur outfits.

I got your program components right here. Pepe Nero's Avatar
    Interesting that Johnny is posing for chummy pictures with a man who said he'd stab his son to death if he turned out to be gay...

Custom Title
    Not feeling Johnny's sense of fashion. It's a little too outre for me. He would have looked nice in that glitzy jacket with nice black slacks and normal shoes. Come on Johnny.............

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepe Nero View Post
    Interesting that Johnny is posing for chummy pictures with a man who said he'd stab his son to death if he turned out to be gay...
    Whom do you mean, Pepe? How unsettling.

Tracey Morgan in one of his standup routines said something like what Pepe said. It happened this past winter. Huge uproar, Morgan apologised and Hollywood stood by him while speaking out against what he said. He went through sensitivity training IIRC.

Custom Title
    No kidding? How does that stuff qualify as comedy? People laugh?

No, IIRC, his audience did not laugh that night and most were appalled...

The only thing I can think is Morgan was definitely sorry after the uproar and did "learn his lesson" and Weir's willing to let it go.

that or it was a photo op and you do what ya gotta do to stay in the limelight.

I got your program components right here. Pepe Nero's Avatar
    I am skeptical that a person could say such a thing (thinking it is funny makes it worse), and then, having undergone some sensitivity training, have a true change of heart.

As for Johnny... My first thought was that he cares more about self-promotion than political commitments. My second thought was that maybe he was trying to make Tracy Morgan uncomfortable, which would be kind of awesome.

Of course, I acknowledge that I have no idea what was going through his mind.