Johnny Weir with Tracy Jordan and Jenna Maroney | Golden Skate

Johnny Weir with Tracy Jordan and Jenna Maroney

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Have you ever wondered what it'd be like if Johnny Weir guested on an episode of 30 Rock? Well, this comes close. A week ago, Weir hosted Jaguar's "Chill NY" event, and two of the stars of 30 Rock came to visit. Here's they are posing for a photo. Here's Tracy being grumpy about something (Weir's wedges making him taller than Tracy?).

On another day of the event, here's Weir with some young skaters after signing their boots. And ice dancers Melissa Gregory and Denis Petukhov dropped by! Weir and his husband, Victor Voronov, looking very domestic. And finally, Johnny pouring out of a Jag.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I was gonna say MelDen were there, too, but you beat me to it... they were super excited and shared quite a few pics on twitter and facebook! :rock:

skateluvr

Record Breaker
I prefer Victor's style sense way more. Hideous black heels and shorts. Sorry Johnny. Fashion miss. I almost (not quite) prefer his fur outfits.:sarcasm:

Pepe Nero

On the Ice
Interesting that Johnny is posing for chummy pictures with a man who said he'd stab his son to death if he turned out to be gay...

noskates

Record Breaker
Not feeling Johnny's sense of fashion. It's a little too outre for me. He would have looked nice in that glitzy jacket with nice black slacks and normal shoes. Come on Johnny.............

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Tracey Morgan in one of his standup routines said something like what Pepe said. It happened this past winter. Huge uproar, Morgan apologised and Hollywood stood by him while speaking out against what he said. He went through sensitivity training IIRC.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
No, IIRC, his audience did not laugh that night and most were appalled...

The only thing I can think is Morgan was definitely sorry after the uproar and did "learn his lesson" and Weir's willing to let it go.

that or it was a photo op and you do what ya gotta do to stay in the limelight.

Pepe Nero

On the Ice
I am skeptical that a person could say such a thing (thinking it is funny makes it worse), and then, having undergone some sensitivity training, have a true change of heart.

As for Johnny... My first thought was that he cares more about self-promotion than political commitments. My second thought was that maybe he was trying to make Tracy Morgan uncomfortable, which would be kind of awesome. :)

Of course, I acknowledge that I have no idea what was going through his mind.