Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 220

Thread: Nebelhorn Trophy 2012

  1. #166
    Custom Title FSGMT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    2,888
    Osmond!! Phanuef retires and, three days after, a Canadian girl wins Nebelhorn! I want to see videos! I'm happy for Imai, too: her skating has always been beautiful, and I was disappointed every time I saw her falling down from good positions, now she did the opposite, coming back from a bad SP to win a medal! Sotnikova... I have already written that I love her skating, but she needs to control her nerves, she's now a Senior lady and you can't be so inconstant if you want to win...

  2. #167
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,378
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    Osmond!! Phanuef retires and, three days after, a Canadian girl wins Nebelhorn! I want to see videos! I'm happy for Imai, too: her skating has always been beautiful, and I was disappointed every time I saw her falling down from good positions, now she did the opposite, coming back from a bad SP to win a medal! Sotnikova... I have already written that I love her skating, but she needs to control her nerves, she's now a Senior lady and you can't be so inconstant if you want to win...
    also Zhang with 127+ scores , I was hoping she was on her way up again

    as for Adelina, indeed she needs to control her nerves especially in LP where she gets mistakes, I don't want Adelina to become a Maria Butyrskaya
    she needs more mental strength something she usually lacks in comparison to Julia, Elizaveta and Gracie

  3. #168
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    654
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    also Zhnag with 127+ scores , I was hoping she was on her way up again
    as for Adelina, indeed she needs to control her nerves especially in LP where she gets mistakes, I dont want Adelina to become a Maria Butyrskaya
    she needs more mental strength something she usually lacks in comparison to Julia, Elizaveta and Gracie
    I think it's too early to call Adelina inconsistent, it's still very early and she had decent skates here, 168+ are very good scores for September. Last season she struggled with the grown sprut, don't think that nerves were the main reason of her mistakes, especially when the season before she seemed not to have nerves at all and won every competition she entered. Let's wait for the Grand Prix at least

  4. #169
    Banned janetfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    6,889
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
    I think it's too early to call Adelina inconsistent, it's still very early and she had decent skates here, 168+ are very good scores for September. Last season she struggled with the grown sprut, don't think that nerves were the main reason of her mistakes, especially when the season before she seemed not to have nerves at all and won every competition she entered. Let's wait for the Grand Prix at least
    I agree and to call a skater inconsistent in September or rattled by nerves seems odd. What was there - 125 people in the arena?

    This is a skater who basically makes the podium at every event she enters. If that is not a sign of consistency I need to learn the real meaning of this word.

  5. #170
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    1,799
    Quote Originally Posted by emdee View Post
    So happy for Osmond.... Canada's next best...
    Hope the pressure doesnt kill her ability because she definitely has it.


    This is a shocker even for the most optimistic canadian fans. Let's hope she can keep her head straight and not get carried away by this successful international debut

  6. #171
    Custom Title FSGMT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    2,888
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
    I think it's too early to call Adelina inconsistent, it's still very early and she had decent skates here, 168+ are very good scores for September. Last season she struggled with the grown sprut, don't think that nerves were the main reason of her mistakes, especially when the season before she seemed not to have nerves at all and won every competition she entered. Let's wait for the Grand Prix at least
    I agree with you: in 2011, she won everything she could, and I think she's still fighting to regain her confidence, and confidence, in figure skating, is everything. But it's clear that her nerves are not the best: the only clean FS from her was at Nationals in 2011, now she's not skating bad, she's just making every time one or two mistakes that don't allow her to win, she needs that "bit" more: in this competition, it could have been a clean SP or the second 3F in the FS... However, let's wait the next competitions, she's listed for two relatively "easy" GPs, so she'll have the opportunity to show the full potential of her programs!

  7. #172
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,378
    ^ I had noticed this, Adelina since turning senior has never cracked the 170+ scores
    that's why she never wins

    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    I agree and to call a skater inconsistent in September or rattled by nerves seems odd. What was there - 125 people in the arena?

    This is a skater who basically makes the podium at every event she enters. If that is not a sign of consistency I need to learn the real meaning of this word.
    I think we might be setting the expectations too high here

    but I think for most here, consistency means not just medaling in every event but showing dominance in every competition and
    winning gold on all competitions ?
    Last edited by sky_fly20; 09-29-2012 at 07:48 AM.

  8. #173
    Banned janetfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    6,889
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    I think we might be setting the expectations too high here

    but I think for most here, consistency means not just medaling in every event but showing dominance in every competition and
    winning gold on all competitions ?
    That is your definition - certainly not mine.

    Yuna is a skater who always made the podium. She won alot but many times did not win (check her record at Worlds).

    In the 6.0 era it was about chasing perfection.
    In the CoP era it is about chasing points.

    Adelina obvioulsy skates in the CoP era and is chasing points.

    By 6.0 standards Chan might not have been considered so consistent. In the CoP era Chan is very consistent as he always scores alot of points.

    Let's remember these are athletes working fora goal. In CoP the goal is points.

    Like Yuna and Patrick,, Adelina is so talented she can miss a few jumps and still make the podium.

    Like it or not - that is the measuring stick in CoP skating.

    Any skater who consistently makes the podium should be considered what ................

    Has Adelina shown her best yet? I don't think so but hope it is coming by the end of this season.

    If you want to say "Adelina needs to show more consistency on her JUMPS" that might be another discusion.

    But in this era skating is not as much about jumps. It is about points.
    Last edited by janetfan; 09-29-2012 at 08:16 AM.

  9. #174
    Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,024
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20
    but I think for most here, consistency means not just medaling in every event but showing dominance in every competition and
    winning gold on all competitions ?
    That's ridiciulous - than pretty much noone would be consistent now.

    And FSGMT, I think you should stop jugding so much - without giving those things time. It's just like it was with Yuna Kim, were her nerves any better at the beginning?
    Russia is like the mother country fo figure skating, but they never had a OGM in ladies. Adelina is showered with the pressure of giving them exactly that next year pretty much since she hit the Junior scene - I doubt anyone here can even imagine what an aweful amount of pressure that is. Add to that her growth spurt plus the fact she was injured rather shortly before the season started last year, and I think she handled herself extremly well.
    Some people just need to get over they're unjustified huge expactations - where are they coming from anyway? Did anyone besides Mao and Yuna do better than the young russian girlson at their debut seasons?

    So Adelina didn't crack 170 till now? So what? She just did like 4 senior competitions now - god, that's not exactly much.

  10. #175
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,378
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    That is your definition - certainly not mine.

    Yuna is a skater who always made the podium. She won alot but many times did not win (check her record at Worlds).

    In the 6.0 era it was about chasing perfection.
    In the CoP era it is about chasing points.

    Adelina obvioulsy skates in the CoP era and is chasing points.

    By 6.0 standards Chan might not have been considered so consistent. In the CoP era Chan is very consistent as he always scores alot of points.

    Let's remember these are athletes working fora goal. In CoP the goal is points.

    Like Yuna and Patrick,, Adelina is so talented she can miss a few jumps and still make the podium.

    Like it or not - that is the measuring stick in CoP skating.

    Any skater who consistently makes the podium should be considered what ................

    Has Adelina shown her best yet? I don't think so but hope it is coming by the end of this season.

    If you want to say "Adelina needs to show more consistency on her JUMPS" that might be another discusion.

    But in this era skating is not as much about jumps. It is about points.
    also I think the expectation was for her to reach the GPF and she was not able to go to the finals last season
    Yuna, Mao , Michelle, Irina etc. always reached the GPF , Adelina is living the CoP era, but the points she gets
    at least for now wasn't enough to go to the GPF

    I like Adelina but she needs consistency if she wants to be a dominant skater in the coming seasons and control her nerves.
    Last edited by sky_fly20; 09-29-2012 at 08:23 AM.

  11. #176
    Banned janetfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    6,889
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    also I think the expectation was for her to reach the GPF and she was not able to go to the finals last season
    Yuna, Mao , Michelle, Irina etc. always reached the GPF , Adelina is living the CoP era, but the points she gets
    at least for now wasn't enough to go to the GPF
    I think Li'Kitsu's post #160 addresses your comments very well.

    And to be fair - I have only seen Adelina's SP (love the black boots ).

    Perhaps my opinion will change after I see her LP.
    I did see it a few weeks ago and it was pretty obvious it was still a work in progress and I doubt if she is close to being comfortable with it yet.
    Last edited by janetfan; 09-29-2012 at 09:05 AM.

  12. #177
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,728
    VIDEOS SO FAR

    SHORT DANCE

    1. Nelli ZHIGANSHINA & Alexander GAZSI (GER) - 59.58
    2. Madison CHOCK & Evan BATES (USA) - 56.97
    3. Julia ZLOBINA & Alexei SITNIKOV (AZE) - 56.95
    4. Ksenia MONKO & Kirill KHALIAVIN (RUS) - 54.92
    5. Alexandra PAUL & Mitchell ISLAM (CAN) - 54.50
    9. Ramona Elsener & Florain Roost (SUI) - 46.62

    PAIRS COMPETITION

    1. Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR & Maxim TRANKOV (RUS) - 196.55
    Short Program, Short Program - 2nd Video, Free Skate, Free Skate - 2nd Video
    2. Caydee DENNEY & John COUGHLIN (USA) - 178.90
    Short Program
    3. Vanessa JAMES & Morgan CIPRES (FRA) - 151.52
    4. Gretchen DONLAN & Andrew SPEROFF (USA) - 145.35
    5. Daria POPOVA & Bruno MASSOT (FRA) - 132.68
    WD Vera BAZAROVA & Yuri LARIONOV (RUS)
    Short Program

    MEN'S COMPETITION

    1. Nobunari ODA (JPN) - 233.33
    Short Program, Free Skate
    2. Konstantin MENSHOV (RUS) - 212.94
    Short Program, Free Skate
    3. Keegan MESSING (USA) - 210.78
    4. Stephen CARRIERE (USA) - 209.11
    5. Michal BREZINA (CZE) - 201.71
    Short Program
    6. Tomas VERNER (CZE) - 199.98
    7. Denis TEN (KAZ) - 198.39
    Short Program
    8. Ivan BARIEV (RUS) - 196.54
    Short Program
    10. Peter LIEBERS (GER) - 195.59
    Short Program

    LADIES SHORT PROGRAM

    1. Adelina SOTNIKOVA (RUS) - 58.48 2nd Video
    2. Kaetlyn OSMOND (CAN) - 55.68
    3. Elena GLEBOVA (EST) - 54.26
    4. Polina SHELEPEN (RUS) - 53.63
    5. Nathalie WEINZIERL (GER) - 49.64

    Just added Ivan Bariev's short program
    Last edited by Mao88; 09-29-2012 at 09:35 AM.

  13. #178
    Custom Title FSGMT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    2,888
    Any news from the FD?

  14. #179
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    44
    Free Dance Results

    1 Madison CHOCK / Evan BATES
    USA 90.82 46.28 44.54 7.36 7.21 7.50 7.61 7.61 0.00 #12
    2 Julia ZLOBINA / Alexei SITNIKOV
    AZE 86.64 44.24 42.40 7.11 6.86 7.07 7.29 7.14 0.00 #14
    3 Ksenia MONKO / Kirill KHALIAVIN
    RUS 84.78 42.16 43.62 7.32 7.04 7.29 7.43 7.43 1.00 #15
    4 Alexandra PAUL / Mitchell ISLAM
    CAN 83.42 41.62 41.80 6.96 6.71 7.11 7.18 7.07 0.00 #13
    5 Nelli ZHIGANSHINA / Alexander GAZSI
    GER 82.42 41.51 41.91 6.93 6.61 7.18 7.21 7.29 1.00 #11
    6 Siobhan HEEKIN-CANEDY / Dmitri DUN
    UKR 78.17 39.13 40.04 6.64 6.54 6.71 6.79 6.79 1.00 #9
    7 Kharis RALPH / Asher HILL
    CAN 76.63 40.02 38.61 6.50 6.25 6.46 6.54 6.54 2.00 #10
    8 Sara HURTADO / Adria DIAZ
    ESP 72.43 37.92 34.51 5.79 5.54 5.82 5.89 5.86 0.00 #4
    9 Ramona ELSENER / Florian ROOST
    SUI 71.71 36.38 35.33 6.00 5.64 6.00 6.07 5.89 0.00 #6
    10 Federica BERNARDI / Christopher MIOR
    ITA 70.99 39.82 31.17 5.25 5.04 5.29 5.29 5.21 0.00 #1
    11 Charlotte AIKEN / Josh WHIDBORNE
    GBR 70.57 39.51 33.06 5.39 5.32 5.54 5.68 5.79 2.00 #7
    12 Lucie MYSLIVECKOVA / Neil BROWN
    CZE 69.76 34.99 35.77 5.89 5.82 6.00 6.18 6.04 1.00 #8
    13 Allison REED / Vasili ROGOV
    ISR 64.78 34.24 31.54 5.25 5.11 5.25 5.50 5.29 1.00 #2
    14 Emi HIRAI / Marien DE LA ASUNCION
    JPN 61.68 33.35 30.33 5.07 4.93 5.11 5.18 5.07 2.00 #5

  15. #180
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    44
    Final Results

    1 Madison CHOCK / Evan BATES USA 147.79 2 1
    2 Julia ZLOBINA / Alexei SITNIKOV AZE 143.59 3 2
    3 Nelli ZHIGANSHINA / Alexander GAZSI GER 142.00 1 5
    4 Ksenia MONKO / Kirill KHALIAVIN RUS 139.70 4 3
    5 Alexandra PAUL / Mitchell ISLAM CAN 137.92 5 4
    6 Siobhan HEEKIN-CANEDY / Dmitri DUN UKR 132.61 6 6
    7 Kharis RALPH / Asher HILL CAN 130.42 7 7
    8 Ramona ELSENER / Florian ROOST SUI 118.33 9 9
    9 Sara HURTADO / Adria DIAZ ESP 118.11 11 8
    10 Lucie MYSLIVECKOVA / Neil BROWN CZE 117.49 8 12
    11 Charlotte AIKEN / Josh WHIDBORNE GBR 116.69 10 11
    12 Federica BERNARDI / Christopher MIOR ITA 114.89 12 10
    13 Allison REED / Vasili ROGOV ISR 107.32 13 13
    14 Emi HIRAI / Marien DE LA ASUNCION JPN 103.50 14 14
    WD Zsuzsanna NAGY / Mate FEJES HUN

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •