Plushenko: I'll Defend European Title | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Plushenko: I'll Defend European Title

janetfan

Match Penalty
I definitely think though Zhenya will be competing more in 2013, A 2013 Worlds barring injury is almost definite, they are crucifying themselves if they will send Gachinski again at 2013 Worlds

Yes......so why no committment to Worlds this season. :think:

After this season is Sochi.

Team Russia could certainly use a good skate from Plushy this season at Worlds.

Am sure Yuna is skating at Worlds this season for several reasons.
One would be to help Korea have two Ladies eligible for the Sochi Olympics.

Last edited:

yaya124

On the Ice
Yes......so why no committment to Worlds this season. :think:

Plushenko just did not mention the 2013 Worlds as a must. He did not say that he will definitely not go. Since there is only one spot for the WORLDS this time, it is still too early to say that he will be the strongest among the Russians (although in principle he would be). If he said that he will go to the Worlds, but then turned out that Artur is stronger this season than him (although to me it is unlikely), then where they put Artur? I think he is not avoiding Worlds but not to clarify this idea too early.

If I recall correctly, after this years disaster in Nice, he once mentioned that he has to go to the 2013 Worlds. So if it turned out that Artur is not right up for the task, Plushenko will have to compete on the WORLDS. Russia cannot afford to have only one spot for Olympics, Plushenko at least has no problem secure 2 spots and has a good chance of getting the third one.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Plushenko just did not mention the 2013 Worlds as a must. He did not say that he will definitely not go. Since there is only one spot for the WORLDS this time, it is still too early to say that he will be the strongest among the Russians (although in principle he would be). If he said that he will go to the Worlds, but then turned out that Artur is stronger this season than him (although to me it is unlikely), then where they put Artur? I think he is not avoiding Worlds but not to clarify this idea too early.

If I recall correctly, after this years disaster in Nice, he once mentioned that he has to go to the 2013 Worlds. So if it turned out that Artur is not right up for the task, Plushenko will have to compete on the WORLDS. Russia cannot afford to have only one spot for Olympics, Plushenko at least has no problem secure 2 spots and has a good chance of getting the third one.

That is what I was getting at.

Another (possible) Euro title for Plushy seems meaningless when looking at the bigger picture for Team Russia and Sochi.

Mishin may want one thing but what about his boss?

What about doing it for the team?

If Gachinsky goes to Worlds it's not so sure what will happen.
Plushy, (by reputation alone) would probably get the job done.

Skipping the GP is understandable. Going to Euros but not Worlds seems beyond strange.

Last edited:

clairecloutier

Final Flight

I forgot Russia only has 1 spot for the men this year. That being the case, it's probably too early for Plushenko to say he'll definitely compete at Worlds, because Gachinski could still potentially pass him to get that single spot.

Considering the situation the Russian men are in, it's certainly in Plushenko's best interest to compete at Worlds if he DOES get the lone spot.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary

Yes, I think you are right, he will compete on the Worlds.

yaya124

On the Ice
That is what I was getting at.

Another (possible) Euro title for Plushy seems meaningless when looking at the bigger picture for Team Russia and Sochi.

Mishin may want one thing but what about his boss?

What about doing it for the team?

If Gachinsky goes to Worlds it's not so sure what will happen.
Plushy, (by reputation alone) would probably get the job done.

Skipping the GP is understandable. Going to Euros but not Worlds seems beyond strange.

I think going to EC is a must for Plushenko because as he is skipping the GPs, EC is the only high level international competition before the WORLDS. So if he decided to go the WORLDS, he must test his programs on EC. Besides, although he has 7 titles, he is still the third person to do so. If he can win two more titles on EC, he will have the same record as Ulrich Salchow, which is also a great achievement.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
And that will be great FUN. I love the Japan Open!

But what is your point?

That the JO is a prestigious or even serious competition?

Ask Adam Rippon how much weight winning the JO carries ;)

Yes, Rippon won and he had too high scores, but every skaters got high scores. Maybe you don't know Plushy had 30 shows in summer of 2010 in Japan, plus the Chinese wedding show. He had no time to practice. On last show, it was september he asked his Japanese fans which program "Tango or Nijinsky" and his fans chose Nijinsky, because the Japanese go crazy for that program. He prepared for it for just only two weeks making some adjustments for the new rule and entertained them a lot! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFC0Mm80r-w
Look at the russian flags! :)
But he is in good shape today, the JO will be very exciting.

Last edited:

gmyers

Record Breaker
At least in 2010 Euros was the tiebreaker of who went to Olympics/ worlds. Though even this year there was a test skate for Makarova to see if she would really go to worlds. So if Plushenko was to win in Russian natnionals but lose to gachinski in euros than probably Gachinski would be frontrunner for worlds possibly though that was not so clear with Makarova. Gachinski could skate clean but few have such horrible PCS as Gachinski does that if worlds was a well skated event he might not crack the top 10. Plushenko could do that with a messy skate. Gachinski can't make one mistake or everyone else gets better PCS.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Gaschinski is inconsistent and even skating well reliant on others skating poorly due to low PCS. I agree he is not safe to hedge your bets on so I imagine the Russian fed. will push Plushenko to do Worlds too. Even if he doesnt medal he could gain Russia 2 spots for Sochi.

bestskate8

On the Ice
Gachinsky has good music and good programmes this season, and his progress is noticeable even early in a season, plus he does two quads and two triple axels in LP, on a top of all these he has quad loop, he did it easily from first attempt at last year Euros at first practice.
Very possible he will win medal at worlds 2013 or most likely win it, if he skates clean, then Russia will have a chance to win two medals in men at Olympics 2014 in Sochi.

Gachinsky will be like Plushenko in 2001, even better, of course if he stays healthy and skates clean.
Plushenko has a lot of work to do to stay ahead of everybody, so far he is achieving very well. His goal is Olympic gold medal in Sochi, and he will do everything ( and he does) to win it fair and square.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Gachinsky has good music and good programmes this season, and his progress is noticeable even early in a season, plus he does two quads and two triple axels in LP, on a top of all these he has quad loop, he did it easily from first attempt at last year Euros at first practice.
Very possible he will win medal at worlds 2013 or most likely win it, if he skates clean, then Russia will have a chance to win two medals in men at Olympics 2014 in Sochi.

Gachinsky will be like Plushenko in 2001, even better, of course if he stays healthy and skates clean.
Plushenko has a lot of work to do to stay ahead of everybody, so far he is achieving very well. His goal is Olympic gold medal in Sochi, and he will do everything ( and he does) to win it fair and square.

Of course, his goal the gold medal in Sochi, and he is working so hard for it! But he said he would be happy, if he would stand on pedestal. Yes. We, his fans would be happy, too. He will be 31!!!

bestskate8

On the Ice
Do you understand? I don't understand perfectly...this woman is always very critical and is hard on Plushy.

She praises him this time, in a good way. She says everybody praises and delighted to see Plushenko at russian skate test in Novogorsk this week.

It seems as he worked really hard to be where he is right now. I never had doubt Plushenko will catch and even surpass everybody, because he has so much experience, and he loves to compete.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
She praises him this time, in a good way. She says everybody praises and delighted to see Plushenko at russian skate test in Novogorsk this week.

It seems as he worked really hard to be where he is right now. I never had doubt Plushenko will catch and even surpass everybody, because he has so much experience, and he loves to compete.

:agree::clap:

seniorita

Record Breaker
I liked when he played paintball with Tomas Verner, I don't remember whew I saw the pics, in Italy maybe?

Thanx for the article, I m excited about JO and the idea of skating his new lp if he does!