10. Ziquan ZHAO (CHN) - 113.87 Short Program, Free Skate
11. Anita MADSEN (DEN) - 113.76 Short Program, Free Skate
12. Laurine LECAVELIER (FRA) - 113.66 Short Program, Free Skate

Last edited:

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Please USFS do NOT give either Lam or Ashley Cain a second JGP event they don't deserve it. Bad enough that they did it last year for Ashley when she finished 6th at her first competition but someone like Gracie Gold should have gotten a earlier event and maybe made the JGP final. Give one of the events to someone like Barbie Long or Polina Edmunds they have skated well this summer and deserve it.

skfan

Final Flight
i also prefer radionova to lipnitskaya. IMO she has more warmth and charm and projects better to the audience. more musical, too.

my favorites from this competition, falls and all, are radionova, titushkina, hwi choi, and ziquan zhao. choi especially. wouldn't hurt choi to wear the conventional pwetty princess outfit for one of her programs, though i'm thankful for no-gloves. :laugh:

Last edited:

christinaskater

Medalist
I love Elena Radionova! Wow, I super love her skating. Everything is just so polished! Beautiful technique and artistry. A rare combination of supreme technique and artistry. I love that she performs for the crowd and is does all these exquisite nuances. Her joy is also very infectious. Simply charismatic and lovely in every sense of these words.

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Please USFS do NOT give either Lam or Ashley Cain a second JGP event they don't deserve it. Bad enough that they did it last year for Ashley when she finished 6th at her first competition but someone like Gracie Gold should have gotten a earlier event and maybe made the JGP final. Give one of the events to someone like Barbie Long or Polina Edmunds they have skated well this summer and deserve it.

Unfortunately Vanessa Lam and Angela Wang are assigned to JGP Slovenia. I would love to see Polina Edmunds, too. But it seems like USFS doesn't give any chance to the summer stars. Bad strategy.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Unfortunately Vanessa Lam and Angela Wang are assigned to JGP Slovenia. I would love to see Polina Edmunds, too. But it seems like USFS doesn't give any chance to the summer stars. Bad strategy.

Those are provisional assignments, just placeholders for now, so those spots may end up going to someone else, and likely will, at least in Vanessa's case, because she doesn't have much of a shot at qualifying for the JGPF at this point.

NMURA

Medalist
Angela Wang is provisional, yet as for Lam, she should go. Slovenia is not a strong field. Probably scoring around 155 points would be enough to win.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Lam at this point doesn't deserve another assignment. She hasn't medaled in her last 3 JGP events.

Scout

Final Flight
While I'd prefer that Long and Edmunds get a chance to compete at a JGP before Lam gets a second event, Lam has medalled at her last 3 JGP events (excluding the final, and this one). Lam getting a gold at a second assignment is not that far fetched, seeing that she has won 2 golds on the circuit before. A first and a fourth would probably qualify her for the final.

It's Cain that did not medal at her 2 prior JGP, and now did not medal at this one. With a 5th place finish, she doesn't have a chance at the final. So I definitely would not give her another assignment. It's too bad that she's not doing pairs anymore. I think it is going to be much more difficult for her to find success in singles than in pairs.

macy

Record Breaker
did anyone watch ashley cain's fs? she took a hard fall and had to stop for a few minutes. poor girl :( i really hope she isn't injured.

Country
Russia
I know that Tukt did and still does the 3lz/3t combo

At Russional Nationals 2010/2011 (Senior & Junior) 3Lz+3T performed Agafonova, Shelepen, Tuktamysheva
At Russional Nationals 2011/2012 (Senior & Junior) 3Lz+3T performed Radionova, Shelepen, Tuktamysheva.
Plus some tries with underrotation.

Last edited: