Man follows GPS into Harbor | Golden Skate

Man follows GPS into Harbor

Dreaswi

Rinkside
I remember hearing stories like this when GPS first came out but it has been years since I have heard of an occurrence.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
GPS is still so unreliable, IMO... I drove cross country in 2010, and it was useless in/around California.

Dreaswi

Rinkside
GPS units need to be updated on a regular basis for them to operate at optimal capacity. You usually do this by connecting you unit to your computer and update/download maps.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
We use ours all the time...but it's a two person operation. One is driving, and one is looking at the map, so that when Samantha says turn here, We pick the right spot.

The oddest thing with our old GPS was that when it said how many miles it was to a restaurant/gas whatever, it was As The Crow Flies--it once took us 25 miles in North Carolina to go to a restaurant that the computer had said was 5 miles away...of course, there were no other restaurants in between. OTOH, it was a really good one, so we were not upset.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I think it depends on where you are - but yes two people watching the GPS is ideal. That doesn't help if you don't know it's taking you down a road that doesn't exist... or when it tells you that Walt Disney World does not exist! :eek: Couldn't just plug in the address or the name, had to go thru the half dozen prompts in the system to get to it (which we found out after we gave up trying).